Page 399 of 399 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399
Results 7,961 to 7,975 of 7975

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

  1. #7961
    Gold splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    752
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    1 in 20 hospitalization sounds a little concerning tbh. is it really that high?
    Only if you wear tinfoil.
    Fear Kills More Than Disease

  2. #7962
    Gold splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    752
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    one could interpret the last 24 hours events as trump starting a war with china which he thinks will save the economy and distract people from his incompetence while codifying as law his use of sosh media as a propaganda instrument to spin his subterfuge to team retard.

    looking forward to team retard protesting the new stay at home order because a little radioactive fallout will mostly kill the weak, mostly.
    Antennas now on tinfoil.
    Fear Kills More Than Disease

  3. #7963
    Residential pool installations are going through the roof in New England.

    Caught me by surprise.

  4. #7964
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5031
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    35,639
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Residential pool installations are going through the roof in New England.

    Caught me by surprise.
    Any industry involving people doing things at home is thriving.

    Pools are part of that, online games are part of that, online gambling is part of that, and even weird things like yeast and flour (because people are making their own bread and baking more often) are part of that.

    Also, nostalgia for things in the past has increased greatly, which is why people are watching old movies and TV shows at a far greater rate than before, and baseball cards are way up in value.

  5. #7965
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6065
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,277
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs



    http://www.lolstockaments.com/

  6. #7966
    God, remember when twitter was new and fun, before it turned into a liberal haven echo chamber where they can share their virtue signaling, faux outrage and fake news, with their pronouns and their check marks, i mean can just any fag get a check mark now? Seems that way.

  7. #7967
    Quick, get me my smallpox-infested blanket.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

  8. #7968
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Residential pool installations are going through the roof in New England.

    Caught me by surprise.
    Not me. Ive been trying to pitch AR software to guys like these as well as gun manufacturers. Earliest to get pool installed in Long Island is in August. They are all sold out
    It is in my bones which sucks so can make it hard to move sometimes. Trying to spend as much time with friends and family.

  9. #7969
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    God, remember when twitter was new and fun, before it turned into a liberal haven echo chamber where they can share their virtue signaling, faux outrage and fake news, with their pronouns and their check marks, i mean can just any fag get a check mark now? Seems that way.
    Remember when American Presidents even had the most basic idea of what the 1st amendment was.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

    PFA Rookie of the Year 2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle soul reader or rfid reader.
    2020: Covid19

  10. #7970
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    God, remember when twitter was new and fun, before it turned into a liberal haven echo chamber where they can share their virtue signaling, faux outrage and fake news, with their pronouns and their check marks, i mean can just any fag get a check mark now? Seems that way.
    Remember when American Presidents even had the most basic idea of what the 1st amendment was.
    Listen fag, if we ever want advice from a woman leader we'll ask New Zealand, until then keep your nose out of US politics, got it?

  11. #7971
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post

    Remember when American Presidents even had the most basic idea of what the 1st amendment was.
    Listen fag, if we ever want advice from a woman leader we'll ask new Zealand, until them keep your nose out of US politics, got it?
    lol simmer down little guy

  12. #7972
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Listen fag, if we ever want advice from a woman leader we'll ask new Zealand, until them keep your nose out of US politics, got it?
    lol simmer down little guy
    Triggered

  13. #7973
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post

    lol simmer down little guy
    Triggered
    Well duh

  14. #7974
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5031
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    35,639
    Blog Entries
    2
    Let's get away from politics for a second here.

    Being in my late 40s, I've been particularly interest in the effect of the virus on my age group. From what I can tell, it is fairly common to have severe, debilitating symptoms, which ultimately don't result in death, but are both a horrendous experience and might be causing permanent lung damage.

    At the same time, people in their early 30s, while only 15 years younger, seem to mostly experience mild symptoms.

    How could it be so different, given that both age groups (early 30s and late 40s) have a very low mortality rate under normal circumstances, and both age groups tend to be mostly healthy?

    Simply put, what is so different about a 32-year-old's body from a 47-year-old's body to cause such a stark difference in symptom severity?

    I don't have an answer for this, but if you think about professional athletes, it makes more sense. No matter how good they are, and no matter how hard they train, professional athletes tend to slowly decline starting from the early-mid 30s, and by 40, they are a shell of their former selves. There's the occasional outlier like Tom Brady, but some of that is position-dependent. You're never going to see a 43-year-old superstar NBA point guard, for example.

    It has always fascinated me that this is so consistent. Something clearly changes in the human body around that age, which saps even the best athletes of their abilities.

    However, for the rest of us, we aren't in daily athletic competitions with the very best in the world, so our own declines are less noticeable. But we all experience such a decline, and I think that our susceptibility to severe symptoms of COVID-19 might be something similar. Something changes in our bodies starting around 35 which makes us far more susceptible to this virus.



    By the way, a stupid statistic has been going around in the past week, regarding the low chance of death for "people aged 0-55 in the US".

    That idiotic statistic bothers me because the range is absurdly broad, and because we know the death rate for 45-55 is WAY higher than 0-25, so including that almost-never-dying huge segment in with the middle-aged population is very misleading and dishonest.

    Why not take it a step further and tell people that the death rate of people 0-99 is under 1%, so 99-year-olds need not worry?

    Also, the whole "death rate" thing kinda bothers me anyway, because this is a virus which is believed to cause permanent lung damage as a result of severe symptoms, so you can't look at death rate the same way you can with the flu, the latter of which tends to come and go with no permanent harm if it doesn't kill you.

  15. #7975
    Gold Salty_Aus's Avatar
    Reputation
    215
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Let's get away from politics for a second here.

    Being in my late 40s, I've been particularly interest in the effect of the virus on my age group. From what I can tell, it is fairly common to have severe, debilitating symptoms, which ultimately don't result in death, but are both a horrendous experience and might be causing permanent lung damage.

    At the same time, people in their early 30s, while only 15 years younger, seem to mostly experience mild symptoms.

    How could it be so different, given that both age groups (early 30s and late 40s) have a very low mortality rate under normal circumstances, and both age groups tend to be mostly healthy.

    Simply put, what is so different about a 32-year-old's body from a 47-year-old's body to cause such a stark difference in symptom severity?

    I don't have an answer for this, but if you think about professional athletes, it makes more sense. No matter how good they are, and no matter how hard they train, professional athletes tend to slowly decline starting from the early-mid 30s, and by 40, they are a shell of their former selves. There's the occasional outlier like Tom Brady, but some of that is position-dependent. You're never going to see a 43-year-old superstar NBA point guard, for example.

    It has always fascinated me that this is so consistent. Something clearly changes in the human body around that age, which saps even the best athletes of their abilities.

    However, for the rest of us, we aren't in daily athletic competitions with the very best in the world, so our own declines are less noticeable. But we all experience such a decline, and I think that our susceptibility to severe symptoms of COVID-19 might be something similar. Something changes in our bodies starting around 35 which makes us far more susceptible to this virus.



    By the way, a stupid statistic has been going around in the past week, regarding the low chance of death for "people aged 0-55 in the US".

    That idiotic statistic bothers me because the range is absurdly broad, and because we know the death rate for 45-55 is WAY higher than 0-25, so including that almost-never-dying huge segment in with the middle-aged population is very misleading and dishonest.

    Why not take it a step further and tell people that the death rate of people 0-99 is under 1%, so 99-year-olds need not worry?

    Also, the whole "death rate" thing kinda bothers me anyway, because this is a virus which is believed to cause permanent lung damage as a result of severe symptoms, so you can't look at death rate the same way you can with the flu, the latter of which tends to come and go with no permanent harm if it doesn't kill you.
    The thymus shrinks about 2% per year during middle age.
    Being a new virus, I'm going to guess that T cells are critical... older we are the less we have.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

  1. RealTalk,
  2. Salty_Aus

Similar Threads

  1. Going to kill the next person...
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 01:05 AM
  2. DID BOVADA JUST KILL ALL LHE ABOVE 3-6?
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 05:55 PM
  3. So if you were going to kill yourself...
    By BetCheckBet in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 12:28 AM
  4. Kill this whitey
    By Pooh in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 04:13 PM
  5. KILL WILL
    By Yebsite in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:36 PM