Page 583 of 947 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,660 of 18923

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    crazy train is still moving I see
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    crazy train is still moving I see
    you don't think this was taken advantage of?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    100% the virus was taken advantage of in the US by the left.

No, I don't believe any conspiracy theories that it was intentionally released here, or intentionally allowed to spread.

However, it was indeed exploited in the Rahm Emmanuel "never let a good crisis go to waste" style.

First and foremost, the media colluded with the Democratic Party to blame the deaths on Trump. This worked perfectly because one of Trump's weaknesses was crisis messaging. All of his speeches basically revolved around everything being "great", "tremendous", "getting better", etc, which of course doesn't work when a pandemic shows up. A large portion of Americans erroneously believe that Trump's failure to advocate masking was the primary reason COVID was "so bad" in the US. These same Americans also believe that the US was the worst in the world with COVID deaths -- and are often shocked to learn that the UK, Italy, and Belgium (among others) all have a worse death rate than the US. They pressed that Trump was not "following the science" and that Democrats were -- ignoring many major instances when Democrats were NOT following the science -- to the point where Democrat Nate Silver finally couldn't stand it anymore and spoke out.

COVID was also used to normalize the concept of UBI. Right now, government payments for doing nothing would seem to make sense (though it's poorly implemented, and a lot of these payments are going to people who don't need them.) However, when this is over, look for a push for a form of UBI in this country, under the banner of, "It worked to keep people afloat during COVID, so why not going forward?"

COVID was already exploited to push the need for socialized healthcare, even though lack of ability to afford care did NOT impact the COVID death numbers. Most people don't realize that hospitals are required by law to treat patients in need -- regardless of their ability to pay. However, the Democrats/media kept pushing the false narrative of, "This is why we need socialized medicine!", when reporting escalating COVID death numbers.

And more recently, as mentioned in December, the US was the only country in the world to figure "racial equity" into the COVID distribution plan -- something completely anti-science which was going to cause more death. Indeed, the vaccine distribution has been a disaster thus far, largely due to the huge swaths of people who qualify and compete with seniors for the precious doses.

In general, COVID has become a weapon by the left to force a big-government-heavy, identity-politicking, wealth redistribution version of policy upon the populace.

And as the old saying goes, it's hard to put the genie back in the bottle. The political playbook for change requires that first you normalize something previously believed to be extreme, and then expand/extend it. Then it becomes part of the modern societal fabric, and the people feel like it's something which should have always been there. Psychological manipulation at its finest.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    100% the virus was taken advantage of in the US by the left.

No, I don't believe any conspiracy theories that it was intentionally released here, or intentionally allowed to spread.

However, it was indeed exploited in the Rahm Emmanuel "never let a good crisis go to waste" style.

First and foremost, the media colluded with the Democratic Party to blame the deaths on Trump. This worked perfectly because one of Trump's weaknesses was crisis messaging. All of his speeches basically revolved around everything being "great", "tremendous", "getting better", etc, which of course doesn't work when a pandemic shows up. A large portion of Americans erroneously believe that Trump's failure to advocate masking was the primary reason COVID was "so bad" in the US. These same Americans also believe that the US was the worst in the world with COVID deaths -- and are often shocked to learn that the UK, Italy, and Belgium (among others) all have a worse death rate than the US. They pressed that Trump was not "following the science" and that Democrats were -- ignoring many major instances when Democrats were NOT following the science -- to the point where Democrat Nate Silver finally couldn't stand it anymore and spoke out.

COVID was also used to normalize the concept of UBI. Right now, government payments for doing nothing would seem to make sense (though it's poorly implemented, and a lot of these payments are going to people who don't need them.) However, when this is over, look for a push for a form of UBI in this country, under the banner of, "It worked to keep people afloat during COVID, so why not going forward?"

COVID was already exploited to push the need for socialized healthcare, even though lack of ability to afford care did NOT impact the COVID death numbers. Most people don't realize that hospitals are required by law to treat patients in need -- regardless of their ability to pay. However, the Democrats/media kept pushing the false narrative of, "This is why we need socialized medicine!", when reporting escalating COVID death numbers.

And more recently, as mentioned in December, the US was the only country in the world to figure "racial equity" into the COVID distribution plan -- something completely anti-science which was going to cause more death. Indeed, the vaccine distribution has been a disaster thus far, largely due to the huge swaths of people who qualify and compete with seniors for the precious doses.

In general, COVID has become a weapon by the left to force a big-government-heavy, identity-politicking, wealth redistribution version of policy upon the populace.

And as the old saying goes, it's hard to put the genie back in the bottle. The political playbook for change requires that first you normalize something previously believed to be extreme, and then expand/extend it. Then it becomes part of the modern societal fabric, and the people feel like it's something which should have always been there. Psychological manipulation at its finest.

very well said.

Load Metric
    The only person certain here is duped_samaritan, who thinks that SCIENCE has proven it's impossible to have come from a lab.
    I don't think you can scientifically prove that it didn't come from the lab without proving where it did come from. But nearly every peer reviewed study I could find found that all evidence pointed to the virus not coming from a lab.

Here's one example:

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2

from the conclusion:

Although the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus, it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here. However, since we observed all notable SARS-CoV-2 features, including the optimized RBD and polybasic cleavage site, in related coronaviruses in nature, we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible.
    There is technically one peer reviewed study claiming that the virus could have come from a lab, but it discredited during the process of peer review.

I put some effort into finding anything legitimate without any luck, but It's possible I missed a study that supports your claim. Let me know please.

Am I doing something wrong in how I research? What sources did you rely on when coming to your stance?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    I don't think you can scientifically prove that it didn't come from the lab without proving where it did come from. But nearly every peer reviewed study I could find found that all evidence pointed to the virus not coming from a lab.

Here's one example:

from the conclusion:

Although the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus, it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here. However, since we observed all notable SARS-CoV-2 features, including the optimized RBD and polybasic cleavage site, in related coronaviruses in nature, we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible.
    There is technically one peer reviewed study claiming that the virus could have come from a lab, but it discredited during the process of peer review.

I put some effort into finding anything legitimate without any luck, but It's possible I missed a study that supports your claim. Let me know please.

Am I doing something wrong in how I research? What sources did you rely on when coming to your stance?

it's obv man made moron. get it sometime, shit is not natural, weirdest & weakest cold i ever had

Load Metric
    New York Dems got duped big time. They fell for it hook, line and sinker:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01...ampaign=bizpac

Comments

splitthis:
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Here's one example:

from the conclusion:

The problem is the usage of the term "comes from a lab", which can be manipulated to imply that it was fabricated there.

As I said during my back-and-forth with gimmick, I was never asserting that it was developed in a lab. However, if it were a natural virus unlikely to spread to humans on its own, and then a lab reproduced it and led to the pandemic, that's just as bad. It's still a case of a lab (and very possibly weapons research) causing the pandemic.

It's impossible to say whether a lab was involved in its spread to humans, or whether this really occurred naturally. Unless we get some kind of Chinese whistleblower coming forward about it (which, as you know, is not common), we're never going to know the answer.

In my opinion, the wet market theory seems like BS concocted by the Chinese government, which has a long history of dishonesty. Their attempt to cover everything up -- including the death toll -- validated suspicions of dishonesty regarding COVID. To me it seems too coincidental that it began in Wuhan, where there happened to be a virology lab. Even the WHO wants to examine the lab now, for that reason (albeit a year late).

The problem is that the left is very invested in minimizing China's role in this, for fear of otherwise validating Trump's rhetoric. Look at one of Biden's idiotic executive orders, again concerning itself with "xenophobia" against Asian people -- something which hasn't been a thing, except briefly in early 2020 on a very small scale. Always about the identity politics, and always about showing up Trump.

Sad!

Comments

BlunderMaker: bingo

dwai:

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    New York Dems got duped big time. They fell for it hook, line and sinker:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01...ampaign=bizpac

THE DEMOCRATS YALL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gimmick was also stating that COVID wouldn't make a very good biological weapon.

A biological weapon doesn't have to kill everyone to be effective. Look at what COVID has done to the world in the past year. The damage has gone far beyond the death toll. It has changed everything, and sent economies into turmoil.

Imagine using such a virus to attack the US, and then closing up your own borders to where nobody can get in to spread it back to your own people. Very effective. Biological warfare doesn't have to play out like it does in the movies, where everyone will die within days of being exposed to it. China could even justify closing their own borders while retaining plausible deniability, claiming that they were simply doing so to prevent the virus from getting there.

I saw gimmick mentioned Ebola, but that's the type of virus which would NOT be good for biological warfare, because it acts too quickly to allow spreading. COVID-19 is very effective for pandemic purposes because it combines high contagiousness, delayed effects (most transmission occurs from pre-symptomatic people), and moderately high deadliness.

It's like a much more deadly version of the swine flu. Almost all viruses fail to become a serious public health issue because they either are deadly but don't spread well (Ebola) or spread well but aren't very deadly (swine flu). This one has both factors, even if the deadliness is much less than something like Ebola.

It's been 100 years since we saw such a thing, and the truth is that the 1918-20 Spanish Flu was a big problem largely because antibiotics didn't exist yet, and a lot of the deaths were from secondary infections. If the 1918 Spanish Flu appeared today, we'd have done much better with it than they did back then.

Load Metric
    fucking hell im gonna have to start calling you tin foil todger

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Muck Ficon: lol
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    gimmick was also stating that COVID wouldn't make a very good biological weapon.
    Nope, never said that.

I said that if you're going to build a biological weapon the starting point for that isn't going to be a weak version of bat flu that doesn't infect humans in it's base form. I'm talking about the closest known variant that exists in the wild.

Rough equivalent of that is building a car around a Styrofoam cup. It's absurd in how unnecessary it is.

But don't let me stop you from building another wall of text around something i never said.

Also no. No country since the beginning of time has infected their own population in an effort to infect their enemies.

I can only think of two countries in the last 20 years that rely on international trade that have intentionally sabotaged their own ability to trade. One of them is great again and the other has gained their independence. It might only take 20 years to fix what they "accomplished" in five years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    fucking hell im gonna have to start calling you tin foil todger
    Next thing you know, Druff will start claiming that China developed particular strains of the Coronavirus specifically to infect and kill Americans at a much rate than others as a targeted attack on the US to disrupt Trump’s presidency, and that’s why the US has experienced such an outsized deathrate from COVID versus other industrialized countries.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric

It wasn't made in a lab.

WHO didn't admit it was a serious possibility, and if they did it was early on and it's not their stance now.

I never said Jussie was attacked.

Here’s how scientists know the coronavirus came from bats and wasn’t made in a lab
    https://theconversation.com/heres-ho...n-a-lab-141850

Why misinformation about COVID-19’s origins keeps going viral <===this article explains why you didn't understand how Wuhan/Bioweapon was on a list of conspiracy theories
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...act-check-cvd/
    It could have come from bats AND been reproduced in a lab.

The WHO is presently in Wuhan to investigate the origins of it. One of the places of investigation? The Wuhan Lab of Virology.

So GTFO with your belief that it's impossible to have come from a lab. Nobody knows for sure, but your arrogant dismissal of this as crazy is obnoxious.

Also

JUSSIE
    How many labs of that level exist in the world? If it didn’t come from that lab it’s a pretty big fuckin consequence.

Load Metric
    Difficult to know for sure because China destroyed all evidence.

China had this coronavirus for 7+ years and they were conducting experiments on it.

Could the coronavirus been released accidentally or intentionally? Sure.

Were the People's Liberation Army traveling the world, stealing research and viruses to create some sort of bioweapon? Yes.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210130-185316_Reddit.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  423.5 KB

Binden saving us already! couldn't be that they over inflated covid deaths, and then changed the definition of a positive test!

cases dropping and deaths reversing!

PRAISE BINDEN

Load Metric
    The problem is the usage of the term "comes from a lab", which can be manipulated to imply that it was fabricated there.
    If you want to play the semantics game, the problem is you were just arguing with me that it was "made in a lab". Not that it 'came from a lab'.

Let me refresh your memory:

How is Wuhan Lab/Bioweapon a "conspiracy"?

That's pretty much what really happened.

Jesus.

You don't think it was made in a lab?

Even the WHO has come around to admit this is a serious possibility, and are supposedly investigating.

Which is more likely? COVID being made in a Wuhan lab, or Jussie having been a victim of a racist attack?

There's no shame in admitting you were wrong. I promise I'll just drop it if you do. Making stuff up to win an argument only serves to discredit yourself.

As always, feel free to provide sources to prove me wrong - and let me know if you want more from me - there are plenty.

Comments

big dick: .

gimmick:

Load Metric
    If you want to play the semantics game, the problem is you were just arguing with me that it was "made in a lab". Not that it 'came from a lab'.

Let me refresh your memory:

How is Wuhan Lab/Bioweapon a "conspiracy"?

That's pretty much what really happened.

Jesus.

You don't think it was made in a lab?

Even the WHO has come around to admit this is a serious possibility, and are supposedly investigating.

Which is more likely? COVID being made in a Wuhan lab, or Jussie having been a victim of a racist attack?

There's no shame in admitting you were wrong. I promise I'll just drop it if you do. Making stuff up to win an argument only serves to discredit yourself.

As always, feel free to provide sources to prove me wrong - and let me know if you want more from me - there are plenty.
    Name:  _114311183_51670800-d611-4f9a-9bc8-73303f003eb8.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  71.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20210130-185316_Reddit.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  423.5 KB

Binden saving us already! couldn't be that they over inflated covid deaths, and then changed the definition of a positive test!

cases dropping and deaths reversing!

PRAISE BINDEN
    Nice work finding the scoop.

https://babylonbee.com/news/miracle-...nting-backward

Thread Information