Page 180 of 946 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Trump, February 28: "Democrats are politicising the coronavirus… this is their new hoax."

Trump, March 16: "15 days to slow the spread."

Trump, March 24: "We have to open everything back up."

Trump, March 28 (day 15 of 15 days): "We need to lock down the Eastern Seaboard."

wide range of conclusions there!
    This isn't a fair list of quotes.

Would you like me to post various major left-wing sources criticizing Trump for being "xenophobic" and "racist" for putting China travel restrictions in place on January 31?

He never called it a hoax. The hoax he referred to in that quote was their POLITICIZING of the coronavirus -- basically that the hoax was that he was mishandling it. He never once called the virus itself a hoax, yet that doesn't stop Trump-haters from intentionally spreading that lie.

"We have to open everything back up" (as said on March 24) is true. Do you think we can leave the country closed for a long period of time without a catastrophic long term impact?

"We need to lock down the eastern seaboard" is in reference to the worsening situation in NYC. The COVID-19 situation is one which is constantly changing, to where something that sounded crazy a week ago can sound reasonable today.

There have been a number of things Trump has mishandled here, but that hasn't stopped the left from pushing lies or exaggerations in an effort to make him look much worse. They can't just stick to the facts of what he's actually done wrong. They need to invent loads of crap on top of that, in order to give their attacks more bite. That's been the situation for the past 4 years, and it's why many people legitimately don't trust the media to accurately cover Trump anymore.
    Aside from 'shutting down China' in late January and calling it Chinavirus, what are some of the other things Trump has done that has inspired such confidence in you?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Trump is just shooting his mouth off which is patently dangerous and disruptive

Incredibly stupid

Fortunately I think most serious Americans dismiss him. Still tragic
    What is he saying now that you find so dangerous?

Load Metric

Incredibly stupid

"We're thinking about certain things. Some people would like to see New York quarantined because it's a hotspot. ... We might not have to do it, but there's a possibility that sometime today we'll do a quarantine, short-term, two weeks on New York. Probably New Jersey, certain parts of Connecticut," he told reporters as he departed the White House for Norfolk Naval Station to send off a Navy hospital ship to New York.

Comments

Sanlmar: Thx. Plus the etc etc nonsense speaking w/o thinking

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Trump, February 28: "Democrats are politicising the coronavirus… this is their new hoax."

Trump, March 16: "15 days to slow the spread."

Trump, March 24: "We have to open everything back up."

Trump, March 28 (day 15 of 15 days): "We need to lock down the Eastern Seaboard."

wide range of conclusions there!

Would you like me to post various major left-wing sources criticizing Trump for being "xenophobic" and "racist" for putting China travel restrictions in place on January 31?

He never called it a hoax. The hoax he referred to in that quote was their POLITICIZING of the coronavirus -- basically that the hoax was that he was mishandling it. He never once called the virus itself a hoax, yet that doesn't stop Trump-haters from intentionally spreading that lie.

"We have to open everything back up" (as said on March 24) is true. Do you think we can leave the country closed for a long period of time without a catastrophic long term impact?

"We need to lock down the eastern seaboard" is in reference to the worsening situation in NYC. The COVID-19 situation is one which is constantly changing, to where something that sounded crazy a week ago can sound reasonable today.

There have been a number of things Trump has mishandled here, but that hasn't stopped the left from pushing lies or exaggerations in an effort to make him look much worse. They can't just stick to the facts of what he's actually done wrong. They need to invent loads of crap on top of that, in order to give their attacks more bite. That's been the situation for the past 4 years, and it's why many people legitimately don't trust the media to accurately cover Trump anymore.
    as someone who agrees with you politically more than disagrees, i'll say your posts are becoming tough to read.

it's not that he thought the virus was a hoax in the sense that he didn't believe it was real.

trump thought it was a hoax in that there was no actual threat to the US.

how do i know this?

he said we would be down from 15 cases to 1 or 2 within a week.

he CLEARLY didn't think it was a real threat, and that the media was making up the danger of it.

how is there any interpretation to the quote i just gave?

i'm literally begging you to stop defending him on this.

Load Metric
    He compared it directly to Russia and impeachment (both of which he's called a hoax thousands of times). then he said there were only 15 cases of the virus because of what a great job he did. There were actually 57.

How many thousands of his knuckle dragging base heard him say that and walked away believing the coronavirus was just another liberal hoax? He wasn't taking it seriously, and so neither were millions of Americans. Here we are exactly 1 month later with 120k+ confirmed cases and you're upset because he's getting too much criticism.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

"We're thinking about certain things. Some people would like to see New York quarantined because it's a hotspot. ... We might not have to do it, but there's a possibility that sometime today we'll do a quarantine, short-term, two weeks on New York. Probably New Jersey, certain parts of Connecticut," he told reporters as he departed the White House for Norfolk Naval Station to send off a Navy hospital ship to New York.
    How is any of that dangerous?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

as someone who agrees with you politically more than disagrees, i'll say your posts are becoming tough to read.

it's not that he thought the virus was a hoax in the sense that he didn't believe it was real.

how do i know this?

he CLEARLY didn't think it was a real threat, and that the media was making up the danger of it.

That's not what he said was a hoax. He said it was a hoax that the Democrats were claiming that it was his fault and that he was mishandling it.

If it was "no threat to the US", he wouldn't have put those travel restrictions in place for China.

Yes, he also said some stupid things (such as the aforementioned 15 cases quote), but keep in mind that most of the country was treating the coronavirus this way at the time.

Were you socially isolating then? Did you picture sports being shut down? Did you picture the entire country being told to stay home?

Many are now acting in hindsight, screaming "OMG how did Trump put us all at such risk?", yet they were attending concerts, parties, and sporting events well into March.

Note that I am not defending Trump's handling of the matter. Many dumb things were said, and mistakes were made. Some mistakes are still being made, such as not developing a coherent medium-term plan for the country. Too much reacting right now, not enough planning.

However, it tilts me to read these out-of-context or misleading quotes, coupled with hindsight blame of Trump. There are also lots of idiots on the left insisting that Trump firing that pandemic office back in 2018 is the reason we weren't ready with a staggering number of hospital beds and ventilators right away. Just dumb shit like that.

I would be happy to have a real discussion about Trump's handling with someone who isn't fishing for any reason to criticize him, and isn't in hysteria right now and looking for someone to blame.

Load Metric
    Todd, facts don't matter, TDS has infected PFA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

How is any of that dangerous?
    Can't think of anything better to say if you want people in NY NJ and CT to do the exact opposite of what you're asking them to do. The only question is how many thousand people decided to get out to avoid getting trapped.

I'm not saying that was his intention. He's just an impulsive idiot.

Load Metric
    Trump mulls coronavirus quarantine on New York, New Jersey, Connecticut

His leadership is stream of consciousness and reactionary. He is an extemporaneous speaker. That’s dangerous and counter productive. As a leader his words have earned dismissal by the public.

Why didn’t he communicate with the Governors of the affected states before launching his rap.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Well, the main 1 is a Democrat but I'm sure that's not why.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Todd, facts don't matter, TDS has infected PFA.
    oh look, a completely irrelevant poster who was convinced “HODL” was a sound investment strategy and got financially ruined as a consequence, has now pivoted to being an EDGY poster.

Load Metric

how do i know this?

That's not what he said was a hoax. He said it was a hoax that the Democrats were claiming that it was his fault and that he was mishandling it.

If it was "no threat to the US", he wouldn't have put those travel restrictions in place for China.

Yes, he also said some stupid things (such as the aforementioned 15 cases quote), but keep in mind that most of the country was treating the coronavirus this way at the time.

Were you socially isolating then? Did you picture sports being shut down? Did you picture the entire country being told to stay home?

Many are now acting in hindsight, screaming "OMG how did Trump put us all at such risk?", yet they were attending concerts, parties, and sporting events well into March.

Note that I am not defending Trump's handling of the matter. Many dumb things were said, and mistakes were made. Some mistakes are still being made, such as not developing a coherent medium-term plan for the country. Too much reacting right now, not enough planning.

However, it tilts me to read these out-of-context or misleading quotes, coupled with hindsight blame of Trump. There are also lots of idiots on the left insisting that Trump firing that pandemic office back in 2018 is the reason we weren't ready with a staggering number of hospital beds and ventilators right away. Just dumb shit like that.

I would be happy to have a real discussion about Trump's handling with someone who isn't fishing for any reason to criticize him, and isn't in hysteria right now and looking for someone to blame.
    This is either an ignorant or disingenuous excusing of Trump’s piss poor handling of this crisis as the *national* leader. Among the governments in the US, the federal government had the best information gathering and analyzing capacity, or should have had given the role it is *supposed* to play in defending the country from the dangers of this nature. Which means that state and local governments were looking for leadership and quality information and advice from Trump’s administration on the nature and severity of this threat.

And because Team Trump grossly mislead and handicapped the other levels of governments in the country over this matter from day one for at least two months, the state and local governments in the US largely should given a pass for how they might have badly handled his crisis until they were able to figure out how badly the federal government under Trump was misinforming and hamstringing them in their ability to effectively respond.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

how do i know this?

ok, let's move beyond what was inside his head when he said it was a hoax.

i just can't get past his saying (essentially) that the coronavirus won't really hit the US (i.e., the we'll go from 15 to 1 quote).

it's fucking scary that the guy leading our disaster preparedness is claiming WE WON'T REALLY GET HIT WITH THE DISEASE.

why isn't that the worst thing that's ever been said by any president ever? (runner-up being he takes no responsibility for this.)

trump fans like hair piece (not you) say, "there's nothing he could have done to fix this." how do we know that? i sure as fuck would rather have had a president that believes in his scientists rather than trump, who clearly didn't.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

i just can't get past his saying (essentially) that the coronavirus won't really hit the US (i.e., the we'll go from 15 to 1 quote).

it's fucking scary that the guy leading our disaster preparedness is claiming WE WON'T REALLY GET HIT WITH THE DISEASE.

why isn't that the worst thing that's ever been said by any president ever? (runner-up being he takes no responsibility for this.)

trump fans like hair piece (not you) say, "there's nothing he could have done to fix this." how do we know that? i sure as fuck would rather have had a president that believes in his scientists rather than trump, who clearly didn't.
    There's no way to prove this, but I picture a Democratic President being too afraid of being labeled "racist" to put the China travel restrictions in place as early as January 31.

I also picture much of the same governmental bumbling and slow action under any administration. With Trump it's just more glaring because he says off-the-cuff dumb things, whereas other Presidents have carefully prepared pretty speeches. Obama, for example, put a political operative in charge of the Ebola situation. The only reason we don't hear about this is because Ebola doesn't spread easily, so the whole situation took care of itself.

I have no doubt that, if a Democrat were in office instead of Trump, and handled it the exact same way (minus the dumb comments), we'd be hearing from Republicans about how poorly everything was handled.

Lol partisan politics, and all that.

Since Trump has mishandled some things here, he's given plenty of legit ammo to Democrats who want to bash him over the situation. They don't need to take him out of context, exaggerate, or lie.

Yet here we are.

Load Metric

He can think whatever he likes personally but the above statement was NOT made after consultation with experts. Those experts would have urged caution about making definitive statements.

Shooting from the lip discredits the importance of the Presidency. That ship has sailed but I’m speaking generally.

Civil unrest is coming. Miraculous no one has lost their shit yet with an AK. Druff lives in the land of civil unrest. You would think he would wish Trump would save his credibility. Gonna need it.

Easter is coming.

Load Metric
    also i want to say that i absolutely blame trump, obama and every past president after the 1918 flu for not having an emergency stash of ventilators for just this situation.

this seems like it could have been highly foreseeable

Load Metric

Incredibly stupid

he just sent every infected person with a car, bus, or train ticket scattering across the country.

i could go on with other examples but lets be honest, youre not really capable of recognizing the danger/grotesque irresponsibility/abject mental illness in any of this.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Druff already debunked this as not dangerous in an earlier post. Try to keep up.

OSA: also wuhan did the same thing and millions left
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

you dont get unemployment if you leave a position voluntarily.

you should also, perhaps, consider what i told you about reputation in your current field of employment.

I would obviously have them lay me off. If I would be making close to the same amount being unemployed for 4 months, why should I not do that? My CEO wants me to cut salary and WFH the ENTIRE year.

The reality is if I dont book appointments, I am going to get fired regardless. If these past 2 weeks are any indication of whats going to happen in the following 2 months, lets say, I am going to get fired soon anyway. Might as well stock up on checks now.

Be careful, In a typical unemployment situation if you are fired for cause then you are not eligible for unemployment. No idea whether that applies here.

Load Metric

how do i know this?

Obsessive Freak,

Please go outside and get fresh air. I have been on these forums since 2007 and you are easily the most tilty poster with the exception of Garrett. Do yourself a favor and calm down and take off your hazmat suit in your apartment.

Comments

blake: YOU COST ME MONEY ON ROY MOORE

Walter Sobchak: How much fresh air is there in toilet bowls?

Crowe Diddly: drink bleach, pls

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I would obviously have them lay me off. If I would be making close to the same amount being unemployed for 4 months, why should I not do that? My CEO wants me to cut salary and WFH the ENTIRE year.

The reality is if I dont book appointments, I am going to get fired regardless. If these past 2 weeks are any indication of whats going to happen in the following 2 months, lets say, I am going to get fired soon anyway. Might as well stock up on checks now.

Be careful, In a typical unemployment situation if you are fired for cause then you are not eligible for unemployment. No idea whether that applies here.
    Don't know about other states, but in California that's not true. This is one of the big myths of unemployment insurance. Many people fail to get approved because they lie in order to hide their fault in getting fired, and those lies end up being their undoing.

I have advised various friends (including Master Scalir) the exact correct things to say during the unemployment phone interview, and I'm batting 1.000 in them getting approved. (This was all before the COVID-19 thing.)

In California, the basic standard is that you can't have left voluntarily, and you can't have intentionally induced firing.

So, here are some hypotehticals:

Laid off - APPROVED

Quit - DENIED

Stopped showing up for work - DENIED

Told boss "Suck my dick, you pathetic loser" for no reason - DENIED

Couldn't handle the work / incompetent - APPROVED

Couldn't get along with co-workers the entire time - APPROVED

Ongoing lateness or spotty attendance record - APPROVED

As you can see, sudden actions getting yourself fired (no-showing for work, creating a disturbance) are seen as a form of quitting, and get denied. Ongoing problems are considered "fired for cause but not intentionally ending employment", and get approved.

I'll give you two examples from people I know in real life.

"Kevin" had a history at a particular job calling in sick frequently and showing up late. However, Kevin did a good job when he was there, so they tolerated this behavior for 18 months. Finally, one day they warned Kevin that if this continued, he'd be fired. Kevin continued showing up late, and they fired him. I told Kevin to ADMIT he was routinely missing work and showing up late, but that he did this for ALL 18 MONTHS he was there, and thought they were wiling to tolerate it because he did a good job. Kevin was very hesitant to say this, but he reluctantly did, because I kept insisting it was correct. The UI agent checked with Kevin's work if it was true that this behavior went on for 18 months. When they said yes, he was approved!

"Randy" had a tougher situation. He had trouble with an obnoxious co-worker, and one day he snapped and called her the N-word. He was obviously insta-fired. I asked Randy to tell me the full story. He said that she was constantly harassing him and calling him names, and he finally couldn't take it anymore. I asked if he ever also instigated with her, and he reluctantly admitted to me that, yes, he had. This left him in a pretty bad spot. Then I asked him if she ever had used an epithet against him. He said that, yes, she had called him a "kike", and had done so on more than one occasion. I asked if this was before the N-word incident, and he said yes, but on different days. I asked if others heard her do that, and he said yes. I told him to ADMIT to the UI agent that he called her the N-word, but that he "snapped" after being subjected to a constant barrage of anti-Semitic language from her (and to name the witnesses to it). The UI agent called the employer and asked if it was possible that woman had called Randy a "kike" before, and the employer sheepishly admitted that he wouldn't be surprised if that were true. Randy's unemployment was APPROVED.

Thread Information