Page 435 of 946 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535935 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,700 of 18909

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    USA is number one.

Thank you, Donald Trump.

UK, has 66M people. US has 340M. Do the math. And LOL at trusting numbers out of India, Iran and China. What a dope. If you are a fucking fat ass or old stay inside, pretty simple. Fat people suck and are a drain on society. All they do is contribute to fast food profits, plain and simple.

Comments

splitthis: Also to healthcare, drug companies, dme companies the list goes on and on

Walter Sobchak: Piss off

Tellafriend: when you are right, you are right

TheXFactor: WRONG!

dwai: offset xretard

Load Metric
    Just stop at the second or third slice of pizza, ok? There is no mandate you have to eat the whole fucking pie. Got it? Same thing with wings, you can have 4 or 5, not 20.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Just stop at the second or third slice of pizza, ok? There is no mandate you have to eat the whole fucking pie. Got it? Same thing with wings, you can have 4 or 5, not 20.
    Im eating 10 wings and drinking at least 10 beers. I even hide them and I think I may got this shit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Im eating 10 wings and drinking at least 10 beers. I even hide them and I think I may got this shit.
    10 wings is still too many, especially with a cup of ranch. 5 with mild wing sauce is ok. And 1 tall beer, not 10. James Gandolfini essentially died because he had too many fried prawns at one sitting (he also had like 10 drinks and was in 107 degree heat all day but you get my point).

Platinum
    Load Metric
    *Covid hits Europe*

European governments: Hey we need to lock down for awhile and everyone wear masks.

European citizens: Ok, good idea.

American citizens: haha that'll never happen here silly Europeans

*Covid hits America*

American government: Hey we need to lock down for awhile and everyone wear masks.

American citizens: Fuck you open everything I'm not wearing a mask I want a haircut

American government: Guys c'mon really...

American citizens: *points machine gun in governments face* Open everything now we need hamburgers

*Covid gets better in Europe*

European governments: Hey guys good job you all did your part, we can start opening now just still wear a mask please.

European citizens: Sweet thanks glad we could help.

American government: Since y'all are mad we'll start reopening but please wear a mask

American citizens: Fuck you I don't want to wear a mask the virus is fake anyway

*Covid gets worse in America*

American government: Guys seriously if you don't wear a mask we'll have to lock down again nobody wants to do that.

American citizens: Fuck you I'm not wearing a mask! Freedom!!

European governments: Guys you did a great job feel free to travel and go hang out now enjoy your summer just bring your masks and be safe.

European citizens: Yay summer! I'm gonna go visit my friends!

American citizens: They just want to control us and take our rights away man

*Covid keeps getting worse in America*

American government: Guys c'mon we told you.....now we need to lock down again please please wear a mask please.

American citizens: They just want to control us!! Masks are tyranny!!

European governments: We gotta quarantine America, don't invite them to your summer parties.

European citizens: Yeah good idea those people are crazy.

American citizens: FREEDOM!!!!

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Yes. We're the Florida of the world

Walter Sobchak: This

1marley1: Who wrote this

BCR: Pretty much accurate

gimmick:

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

American citizens: Fuck you open everything I'm not wearing a mask I want a dick

FYP. Much more important

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    *Covid hits Europe*

European governments: Hey we need to lock down for awhile and everyone wear masks.

European citizens: Ok, good idea.

American citizens: haha that'll never happen here silly Europeans

*Covid hits America*

American government: Hey we need to lock down for awhile and everyone wear masks.

American citizens: Fuck you open everything I'm not wearing a mask I want a haircut

American government: Guys c'mon really...

American citizens: *points machine gun in governments face* Open everything now we need hamburgers

*Covid gets better in Europe*

European governments: Hey guys good job you all did your part, we can start opening now just still wear a mask please.

European citizens: Sweet thanks glad we could help.

American government: Since y'all are mad we'll start reopening but please wear a mask

American citizens: Fuck you I don't want to wear a mask the virus is fake anyway

*Covid gets worse in America*

American government: Guys seriously if you don't wear a mask we'll have to lock down again nobody wants to do that.

American citizens: Fuck you I'm not wearing a mask! Freedom!!

European governments: Guys you did a great job feel free to travel and go hang out now enjoy your summer just bring your masks and be safe.

European citizens: Yay summer! I'm gonna go visit my friends!

American citizens: They just want to control us and take our rights away man

*Covid keeps getting worse in America*

American government: Guys c'mon we told you.....now we need to lock down again please please wear a mask please.

American citizens: They just want to control us!! Masks are tyranny!!

European governments: We gotta quarantine America, don't invite them to your summer parties.

European citizens: Yeah good idea those people are crazy.

American citizens: FREEDOM!!!!
    I'll agree with you that Americans are unreasonably stubborn about the mask thing, compared to other countries.

However, pretty sure most other countries wouldn't have had mass social protests (about an unrelated matter) while this was going on, nor would the media in those countries have encouraged and praised those protests, while also shaming those who didn't want to lock down a week earlier.

Also, while mask-wearing does seem to help, it's a huge oversimplification to state that it's worse in the US because of non-compliance.

Some places in Europe also got it pretty badly, most notably Italy, Spain, and Belgium.

Comments

splitthis: Got that shit right!

dwai: BUT TRUMP THO

MumblesBadly: Re conservative retards refusing to wear masks: It’s called “leadership”. If Trump had started wearing a mask and called on his Trumptards to do so, they’d have become an nationwide army of gun-toting mask-Nazis.

Sanlmar: kid doesn’t see any correlation between COVID & unrest.

big dick: too far gone

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, population-adjusted, the deaths in Belgium, UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and France were all WORSE than the US has had thus far.

Comments

splitthis:

dwai: BUT MUH TRUMP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, population-adjusted, the deaths in Belgium, UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and France were all WORSE than the US has had thus far.
    And yes they aren't anymore, whereas here it's actually getting worse.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    This is the pivotal week.

Cases started to spike 20 days ago, and we know deaths are about 20 days trailing.

If deaths don’t spike then a handful of things could be true:

Virus mutations are now less deadly

Younger people are acquiring the virus and it’s much less deadly than originally thought.

Cases might be spiking but the overall case count could be way down because of the lack of early testing might mean that we double or triple our case count but based on CDC findings that’s still a third of the earlier cases.

Maybe a combination of the three.

Best guess is we need about 60 million more infections to see beginning benefits of immunity. That’s about twice the number of estimated cases so far in the US.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    This is the pivotal week.

Cases started to spike 20 days ago, and we know deaths are about 20 days trailing.

If deaths don’t spike then a handful of things could be true:

Virus mutations are now less deadly

Younger people are acquiring the virus and it’s much less deadly than originally thought.

Cases might be spiking but the overall case count could be way down because of the lack of early testing might mean that we double or triple our case count but based on CDC findings that’s still a third of the earlier cases.

Maybe a combination of the three.

Best guess is we need about 60 million more infections to see beginning benefits of immunity. That’s about twice the number of estimated cases so far in the US.
    Your last paragraph is troublesome, as we are at a point where even with the increased velocity of the cases, that most likely doesn’t occur for awhile, and in the dead of winter most likely at soonest.

I’m not sure what to make of this thing right now. I agree everything you listed could be an explanation. I think the normal delay will be more delayed when the primary source of infection starts young. As tine has pointed out, it will be those they got sick and you need to start a new clock on them.

Either it’s weakened somewhat, or you are way better off getting this in summer if you must get it. It’s better to never get it, but it seems many always have the sniffles and some little bug for most of the fall/winter, while not in summer. Maybe adding this to even something minor underlying is a major complication. I see some cases of young people dying who have asthma. I feel really bad for them as they’re losing 50 years of life as the asthma wouldn’t have shortened their life. That’s not that surprising as asthma is still bad in summer, and for many, worse.

I tend to partially agree with what Druff says about each area getting hit hard, but when I think about the fact only 20% had it in the worst places like NYC, I don’t think we can say an area will only be hit once even if we have some cross immunity. We may not see a NYC situation at its worst again, but we were pretty locked down right around Saint Patrick’s day most places. I think there are a ton of susceptible people still out there. I agree with your sentiment that in a few weeks we are going to be able to say something given we have spiked now for a few weeks. What we will be able to say definitively and if it’s unique to summer will be the parts I’m unsure of. I got bad feelings about fall with this many cases circulating. I hope it’s weakened.

Load Metric

This might be the most irrelevant statistic posted in this thread to date.

Load Metric
    USA is number one.

Thank you, Donald Trump.

I guess China had a lot less deaths then we thought.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

USA is number one.

Thank you, Donald Trump.

I’m curious why you think it’s irrelevant? I have viewed it as a measure of whether rising cases are simply increased testing or increased cases. I’m curious why you find it irrelevant?

Obviously you have no idea as do any of us, but if you had to set a line on Chinese deaths, what would you put it at?

I literally have no idea. I think they contained it geographically better than we ever could, but they also were willing to let people die in their apartments, put a bullet in them, and they just have so many people.

I was thinking about where I’d struggle to go over or under. Life is cheap there as far as the govt is concerned, health care slightly worse, they’re thinner, but that province has 60 million people packed in and air quality is horrible. I think somewhere 300-500k is where I’d struggle to pick over or under. I wouldn’t be shocked if it was a million, but I also wouldn’t be shocked if it was only 100k. That Asian strain seems less potent than its European brother who came later.

I was thinking a million, but if only 20% got it in NYC, let’s say 50% got it there because of the sheer mash of humanity, at 1% true death rate, we are at 300k. I think 50% is probably high, but it likely killed more in other provinces that went unreported. They took it super serious, but there’s just so many people.

If I set line at 400k, are you over or under?

Load Metric
    435 pages and some of you still think there is an immunity end game.

america is really fucking bad at science.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Your argument is what exactly? That the human immune system doesn’t benefit from anti-bodies of mutated viruses?

If you fuck your wife, then try to fuck her sister, she’s probably not going to fuck you. Although there is the rare instances where the sister is just crazy. That’s COVID immunity.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: That doesn't make any sense, but +1 for trying to fuck your wife's sister

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Your argument is what exactly? That the human immune system doesn’t benefit from anti-bodies of mutated viruses?

If you fuck your wife, then try to fuck her sister, she’s probably not going to fuck you. Although there is the rare instances where the sister is just crazy. That’s COVID immunity.

Comments

Sanlmar: Apropos

Load Metric
    Although, if the sister turns you down you might grow a mustache and affect an English accent.

Horny bugger that I am I won’t stop tryin. I bet she won’t be able to resist me more than a couple of months.

Who knows?

Comments

big dick: HORNY BUGGER LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    that's a great line, I think it's over but not by much, ~30k

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    that's a great line, I think it's over but not by much, ~30k
    I agree, if we're including all the collateral damage... people getting offed by soldiers for various offenses and people left to starve in their apartment and etc

Thread Information