Page 575 of 947 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625675 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Yea the 200k number was why i made the post. No idea on what the context of the number was. 80-120k seems about right. Your cases and deaths have been a mix of Sweden's and whole EU's trajectory.

Meaning you case numbers never went too low but the deaths dipped hard in the warmer months after initial spikes in colder months.

In the cold the disease does two things, targets have lower immunity response and particles stay longer in the air. Bigger viral loads to softer targets. It's to be seen if that's enough to race to 100k, assuming most things stay roughly the same.
    For posterity the day this started you were at 226k. CDC Dec 31 update gives you 341k. 115k.

I didn't expect Thanksgiving to play out like it did, that was the only large scale event. It only affected the last week or two of death numbers.

Nothing specific was needed to get to 330k. Basically the opposite is true. Something were specific had to happen once you're at a certain trajectory for it to change course. Two months is a very short time span. And yes a lot of this is based on exponential growth.
    This site must be running at a profit for Druff to afford such foolish bets such as that.

Comments

gimmick: i don't think anyone took it, dunno if it was better or worse than Dnegs/Polk match
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

In all honesty dwai. Our political system and politicians are just about as bad as yours.

Australia without doubt though is one of the best countries in the world to live. Except for all the things that can kill you.

The US will be a third world country soon.
    whats funny is that once the US has its long overdue correction and inevitable slide into destitution, the rotten fangs of the CIA are going to drop from australias neck with spectacular and speedy results for aussie culture/economy.

honestly i cant wait to see the russian housewives get off the plane and present a bunch of christian republican housewives a basket filled with webcams and okfans accounts.
    True.

But I suspect it will still take many years for this to happen.
    The US will not just give up, they will cling and go out with a bang.

Hopefully we'll come to our senses and remove ourselves from the shadow of the US, Great Britain etc.. But more then likely Australia will become more of an Asian country that is happening at a speedy rate already.

White Australians are simply not multiplying like the Asian and Muslims that are already here. *shrugs*

Load Metric

whats funny is that once the US has its long overdue correction and inevitable slide into destitution, the rotten fangs of the CIA are going to drop from australias neck with spectacular and speedy results for aussie culture/economy.

honestly i cant wait to see the russian housewives get off the plane and present a bunch of christian republican housewives a basket filled with webcams and okfans accounts.
    True.

But I suspect it will still take many years for this to happen.
    The US will not just give up, they will cling and go out with a bang.

Hopefully we'll come to our senses and remove ourselves from the shadow of the US, Great Britain etc.. But more then likely Australia will become more of an Asian country that is happening at a speedy rate already.

White Australians are simply not multiplying like the Asian and Muslims that are already here. *shrugs*
    diversity is your strength

Load Metric
    https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/virg...complications/

druff rapidly running out of retards for his team.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

because the world definitely need more mentally ill people rn.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric

because the world definitely need more mentally ill people rn.
    More worried about my lungs so we will dismiss this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mental illness is poorly understood by the general public, who picture it as going crazy and being unable to function.

Instead, most mental illness comes in the form of anxiety and depression, which while awful to live through, doesn't typically put others in danger, and doesn't require most people to be institutionalized.

Indeed, the headline sonatine posted was from a November Reuters article: https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN27P35N

It states that the most common forms of post-COVID mental illness were anxiety and insomnia, and that 65% of the people reporting COVID-related mental illness were already predisposed to it (having dealt with other forms of mental illness in the past).

None of this is a surprise, because the slightest changes in brain chemistry can screw up your mind big time. However, the good news is that you can reverse much of the mental illness brought by these external factors, provided that the cause itself is removed. In my case in 2018, I believe the sudden cessation of caffeine combined with taking Nexium (which my body didn't tolerate well) caused a sudden drop in dopamine, then leading to all the issues I experienced.

In short, I think COVID is doing something to certain people's brain chemistry, thus causing these symptoms, but unlike the lung damage, it might be reversible.

Load Metric
    As US inches closer to 350,000 Covid-19 deaths, one model projects about 115,000 more could die in next four weeks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    As US inches closer to 350,000 Covid-19 deaths, one model projects about 115,000 more could die in next four weeks
    And yet the left wants to vaccinate healthy 25-year-old grocery store workers before elderly people with preexisting conditions.

SCIENCE!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    And yet the left wants to vaccinate healthy 25-year-old grocery store workers before elderly people with preexisting conditions.

SCIENCE!!!
    Kind of you to point this out, druff.

When you say left, you mean this is clearly a Democratic policy?

Asking for a friend.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

SCIENCE!!!

Asking for a friend.
    Yes.

There are some sensible Democrats like Nate Silver who are against it, but this is a Democratic policy. I'm not aware of a single Republican who supports this.

Before you say "The CDC is under Trump", the people who came up with this policy at the CDC are known leftists, and the states opposing this are all red states with Republican governors.

Is that enough for you?

Load Metric

Asking for a friend.
    Yes.

There are some sensible Democrats like Nate Silver who are against it, but this is a Democratic policy. I'm not aware of a single Republican who supports this.

Before you say "The CDC is under Trump", the people who came up with this policy at the CDC are known leftists, and the states opposing this are all red states with Republican governors.

Is that enough for you?
    You know, there actually might be a reason more scientists and educators lean left.

Science and the right go together like water and oil.
    Who needs science when you have God on your side.

Thanks for clarifying that this is a democratic policy. *wry smile*

Really is a shame the Republicans aren't in power to undo this grave injustice.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 01-02-2021 at 01:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yes.

Is that enough for you?
    You know, there actually might be a reason more scientists and educators lean left.

So to be clear, science and the right are incompatible, but the COVID vaccination order suggested by scientists on the left are unscientific.

Makes loads of sense.

Load Metric

So to be clear, science and the right are incompatible, but the COVID vaccination order suggested by scientists on the left are unscientific.

Makes loads of sense.

Really is a an utter shame that the Republicans aren't in power to undo this reprehensible injustice that's being perpetrated by the left.

Thanks for pointing this out, druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Makes loads of sense.

Really is a an utter shame that the Republicans aren't in power to undo this reprehensible injustice that's being perpetrated by the left.

They are undoing it -- in states where Republicans are in power.

To review:

- Woke scientists at the CDC put out a bunk recommendation for vaccine distribution, based upon "racial justice" instead of science

- Democratic politicians in charge of states all went along with it

- Some Republican politicians in charge of states chose to ignore the CDC and made their own distribution procedure -- one based upon actual science, and one which mirrors most of the rest of the world's distribution tactics

- Most Democrats are either defending this idiotic plan, or are too afraid to speak up about it

- A few Democrats ARE speaking out against it -- but mostly bloggers and columnists, so they don't have any power to stop it

It seems to me that you just like arguing with me for the sake of argument.

Load Metric

They are undoing it -- in states where Republicans are in power.

To review:

- Woke scientists at the CDC put out a bunk recommendation for vaccine distribution, based upon "racial justice" instead of science

- Democratic politicians in charge of states all went along with it

- Some Republican politicians in charge of states chose to ignore the CDC and made their own distribution procedure -- one based upon actual science, and one which mirrors most of the rest of the world's distribution tactics

- Most Democrats are either defending this idiotic plan, or are too afraid to speak up about it

- A few Democrats ARE speaking out against it -- but mostly bloggers and columnists, so they don't have any power to stop it

It seems to me that you just like arguing with me for the sake of argument.
    I just thought it was funny that you repeatedly bring up the same stuff at every opportunity.
    Sure you have some valid points, but it's still just an opinion that will hardly make a difference one way or the other in your present predicament.
    You think it's idiotic to vaccinate those at the coal face who are most likely to catch and spread this virus.

For someone who is so concerned with saving peoples lives you've been remarkably quiet for the last ten months while your stable genius plays golf and tells everyone it's all good it was just one person bringing this virus in and we caught him, and that Easter will be glorious with packed churches once this virus miraculously disappears.

Sorry, couldn't help but take the piss.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 01-02-2021 at 02:43 AM.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This thread has aids.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    That's nearly as many Americans that died during WWII.

Here's hoping these new vaccines work and become available really soon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    This thread has aids.
    Sorry Belly dude, I'll tone down my arguing with Lord Druff and others in future.

Thread Information