Page 234 of 947 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 18930

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Well this ain't good.

I've had a dry cough for the past 2 days. It's not terrible, just annoying.

However, no fever, no fatigue, no shortness of breath. I could go out and hike several miles right now with no issue (well, other than the pouring rain which usually doesn't come in April like this).

I did have a similar cough in 2018 which was associated with the LPR, which vanished after about a month.

Could be nothing, could be the beginning of the corona super AIDS.
    At least Trump has his priorities in order by now.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    People protesting outside state house wearing V for Vendetta masks, I have a feeling as time goes on these types of activities are going to increase. I probably have 2 weeks left in my tank before I say fuck it. Honestly the isolation would have to drag on for months and months, that is not realistic, at some point we all have to get out there and pull the trigger on the Russian roulette pistol.

Comments

OSA: thats what im saying. i need to fuck some ice
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The TSA screened just 97k air passengers on Tuesday. The last time only 97k people traveled by air in the United States: 1954.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/ap...-back-decades/

Comments

Kuntmissioner: numbers
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    People protesting outside state house wearing V for Vendetta masks, I have a feeling as time goes on these types of activities are going to increase. I probably have 2 weeks left in my tank before I say fuck it. Honestly the isolation would have to drag on for months and months, that is not realistic, at some point we all have to get out there and pull the trigger on the Russian roulette pistol.

the irony here is that people are protesting a dystopian police state that wont exist until their own protests force it to be implemented.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: dystopain wat cred not googling

BCR:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    If there's a God he takes todge before Marty that was like -9800 in the skatz admin pool

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

this makes me wonder if the 102.5 fever and absurd cough i had off an on for over a week could have been it. i tested negative for the flu.

i'm guessing no, but it was weird. i haven't been that sick as far back as i can remember

my whole neighborhood was really sick

ask yourself honestly; why wouldnt it be the rona?

it also lends itself to the theory that we are seeing lower numbers than modeled because of antibody resistance from people getting infected in dec/jan.
    This is what I'm hoping as well although I still feel its wishful thinking.

In January my mother and father both got fairly ill with what appeared to be the flu. Mother came down with pneumonia but was okay. Father also okay but described it as his worst sickness in 40 years.

Load Metric

the irony here is that people are protesting a dystopian police state that wont exist until their own protests force it to be implemented.
    my son knows wat distopian means i forgot already

Load Metric
    How many infected people in the world will there be?

How many dead people in the world will there be?

When Trump ends the "nationwide emergency" on May 1st in about three weeks?

Comments

big dick: 2 million dead americans

Load Metric

I’m curious from the lawyers here. The first amendment and freedom to assemble peacefully. I’m sure there are limits and this has been addressed but I’ve never seen it. Could you deny these protestors and allow churches?

Would they have a case? I doubt it, but I’m just wondering. I think they’re morons who’d I’d douse with foam sanitizer and give five minutes to disperse.

I’d guess the right wingers will hate these people and defend churches, because religion and only the second amendment matters. That I agree with them on this one is irrelevant. I’m just curious if a church argues for free assembly does that open the door to protest?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

New Zealand has one death. That is pretty decent if you ask me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

New Zealand has one death. That is pretty decent if you ask me.
    Pretty decent borders.

Load Metric
    There is nothing more American than showing up to a country uninvited and bringing your horrible diseases with you to kill the locals. America was legitimately founded on that. We might not have been able to colonize until after the mid 1800s when weaponry became more advanced if we didn’t kill 90% of the real native Americans with small pox, measles, etc.

China has taken over everything including being more American than Americans

Comments

Sanlmar: That’s a fresh take. Love it

Sloppy Joe: Guns, germs, and steel. And jesus obv

big dick: Jesus

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric

Force it my ass, seriously in what other world would 99% of population suffer over a 1% loss? It’s enough already, if your scared you isolate, otherwise we need to get back or we all lose biggly. Nuf is nuf.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    If there's a God he takes todge before Marty that was like -9800 in the skatz admin pool
    Don't you mean +9800? I really hope you meant +9800

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

With that said, Trump did waste much of February somewhat in denial of the seriousness of the matter, and seemed more focused upon the Democratic attacks against him. To be fair, Democrats were indeed being unfair and trying to politicize this during February, but that's 2020 politics, and Trump should have ignored this and sprung into action. He didn't, and that was a big mistake.

It became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Democrats were hitting Trump with attacks that he was doing a horrible job, using a lot of unfair/untrue talking points. This caused Trump to obsess over the attacks instead of focusing on the coronavirus, which, in turn, caused him to do a lousy job in February. Not defending him at all for that (he should have tuned it out), but honestly that's what occurred.
    Wait hold up did you seriously just try to say Trump did a lousy job in February because he was too busy focusing on the unfair and untrue Democratic attacks on him and thus he didn’t have time to focus on the seriousness of the Coronavirus? Like seriously? You seriously believe that and it’s not a parody post?
    Which part of my statement is untrue? I criticized him twice in that passage, saying that he made "a big mistake" in February and that it was "no excuse" for his inaction, regardless of what the Democrats were doing.

But were the Democrats obsessively attacking him in February with a lot of unfair talking points? You bet they were. Then, Trump being Trump, he couldn't help himself and spent his attention on trying to fight the attacks, rather than giving his all to dealing with preparation for the virus. Big mistake on his part for sure, but the Democrats can't say they were trying to get down to business while Trump was refusing to take them seriously. They were too busy trying to score political points.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    pollen.
    I wish.

I don't have a pollen issue. I actually don't have any allergies. If this cough has nothing to do with corona, it's either psychosomatic (possible) or a badly-timed recurrence of the LPR-related cough of 2018 (also possible).

It's also been unusually cold in California lately, so the heater has been on a lot. It's possible the heather is blowing dust around the house and increasing my need to cough. As long as I wake up every day with no other symptoms besides this, I'll be happy.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Why didn’t you get the ductwork cleaned before the winter? Also, what’s your humidifier set at?

Load Metric
    You 100 percent have pollen issues

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I’m curious from the lawyers here. The first amendment and freedom to assemble peacefully. I’m sure there are limits and this has been addressed but I’ve never seen it. Could you deny these protestors and allow churches?

Would they have a case? I doubt it, but I’m just wondering. I think they’re morons who’d I’d douse with foam sanitizer and give five minutes to disperse.

I’d guess the right wingers will hate these people and defend churches, because religion and only the second amendment matters. That I agree with them on this one is irrelevant. I’m just curious if a church argues for free assembly does that open the door to protest?
    Here’s a quick primer. When a right is infringed upon by the state, the court uses one of 3 tests. When a “fundamental right” is in play (think procreation, speech, religion) the court uses the “strict scrutiny” test. This means that the state can violate your rights if it has a compelling state interest and the law is narrowly tailored to meet that goal. Importantly, the burden is on the state to prove that it considered other measures, and couldn’t accomplish the objective without a civil rights violation.

So would they have a case? Absolutely. Not likely winnable, but this would be a great law school exam question.

Another excellent example would be: if a safe vaccine is available, could the government force you to take it? Really good arguments on both sides.

Comments

BCR: Got it. A quickly hurried vaccine would be infesting for a virus that has almost zero risk to children. Could you compel the anti-vax mother to vaccinate?
    Last edited by Jayjami; 04-09-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Another excellent example would be: if a safe vaccine is available, could the government force you to take it? Really good arguments on both sides.

my understanding is the case has been decided on this front; fauci is already breaking people in for this being an incumbent reality sooner than later.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information