Thread: *** OFFICIAL SCIENTOLOGY THREAD ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platinum
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL SCIENTOLOGY THREAD ***

I could swear there was another scientology thread somewhere here but nothing came up in the search results (so forgive me if there is one).

Anyway, f you've been following this disaster of a cult, you've probably already heard about Leah Rimini's crusade and series exposing this ridiculous and downright dangerous "religion". If you haven't yet, you definitely need to give it a watch.

That being said, recently, I stumbled upon a youtuber who was literally able to get video footage via hidden cameras (fyi, this is EXTREMELY rare)...and apparently he is still alive.

He has an entire YT series and it looks like he posts one video per week (it looks like there are 5 videos out so far). I only watched a portion of part 2 so far, but intend to watch the rest soon. I think there are several more coming out soon.

If you are into this type of stuff, it might be worth a look. There is alot of commentary, so it will probably be kind of annoying when you just want to watch the raw footage, but so far I still think it might be worth a watch especially if you consider how rare it is to get footage and are hooked on learning as much as possible of this fucked up organization.

Here is a link to ep 1 (again, I didn't watch this one yet so forgive me if its crap):

Comments

SPIT this: Thank you! I'm addicted to scientology stuff

blake: i'm fascinated by these guys too

Load Metric
    If Trump took away their tax exempt status, I'd consider voting for him

Comments

blake: yep

Gordman: This

Load Metric
    Scientology could easily be eradicated in my lifetime. It's a dying organization. There's only about 25,000 members now. The internet really killed it. But a few whales are keeping it afloat, and they have significant real estate holdings. If they lost tax exempt status it would really crush them as they'd have to pay property taxes on all their holdings.

Comments

ftpjesus: 9mm between that power hungry fuck Miscaviages eyeballs would cure everything with Scientology ;)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Scientology could easily be eradicated in my lifetime. It's a dying organization. There's only about 25,000 members now. The internet really killed it. But a few whales are keeping it afloat, and they have significant real estate holdings. If they lost tax exempt status it would really crush them as they'd have to pay property taxes on all their holdings.
    All churches are equally tax exempt, I believe, so all would be negatively affected
    and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

And that would have a trickle down effect for political contributions.
    Only fairly recently the maximum individual campaign contribution was
    around $2,500 abut has been changed to infinity.

What could go wrong?
    Last edited by limitles; 01-23-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Load Metric

Comments

blake: i'm always mesmerized by these videos

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    All churches are equally tax exempt, I believe, so all would be negatively affected
    This is... not true. The IRS doesn't just give tax exempt status to anyone claiming to have a religious organization. For a long time Scientology wasn't taxed exempt. Look into the history of how Scientology got tax exempt status. Scientology objectively isn't a religion. Just because they claim they are, doesn't mean the IRS has to go along with it. Plenty of other pseudo-religions are not tax exempt. In fact many other countries that give tax exempt status to religious organizations, and don't give it to Scientology.

Comments

Gordman: Correct

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The most famous celebrity scientologists are Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

They also happen to both be dogged by longtime gay rumors.

Travolta is for sure gay (or at least bi) and in the closet.

With Cruise, it's less clear.

Will Smith, another celebrity thought to be involved with scientology, is also thought to be secretly gay. However, he has (weakly) denied being a member.

I always wondered if the devotion Cruise and Travolta had toward scientology was because the "church" had proof of their gay little secrets, or if these guys are just two lost souls who were taken in by the bullshit.

Often celebrities can be easy targets for shit like this, because they have a hard time discerning between people genuinely liking/loving them and people who are just pretending in order to access their fame/fortune. So when they come across an organization which appears to understand them and care, they can be very susceptible.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is... not true. The IRS doesn't just give tax exempt status to anyone claiming to have a religious organization. For a long time Scientology wasn't taxed exempt. Look into the history of how Scientology got tax exempt status. Scientology objectively isn't a religion. Just because they claim they are, doesn't mean the IRS has to go along with it. Plenty of other pseudo-religions are not tax exempt. In fact many other countries that give tax exempt status to religious organizations, and don't give it to Scientology.
    One hundred fifty-three "Scientology-related entities" in the United States were granted tax exemption.[102] As well as the Religious Technology Center and the Church of Scientology International, the "mother church", they included organizations such as Narconon and Applied Scholastics that usually claim to be secular and separate from Scientology. They even included two publishing houses, Bridge Publications and Author Services Inc., that published Hubbard's wholly non-religious science fiction books.[107]
    The IRS also gave the church the right to extend the tax exemption to future branches, effectively giving the church the ability to grant itself further tax exemptions and to decide which of its activities did not need to be taxed. The agency agreed to send foreign governments a "Description of the Scientology Religion", written by the church but printed under an IRS letterhead, to inform them that the US government had found Scientology to be "organized and operated exclusively for religious and charitable purposes."[107]
    In conjunction with the agreement, a limited amount of information about church finances was released, including details of the salaries of Miscavige and other high-ranking church officials, and the disclosure that the church was making about $300 million annually from a variety of sources.[14]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_st..._the_agreement

Comments

Gordman: I'm going to green rep you here because you're at least being civil etc to the discussion. That aside, everything you rebutted doesn't have much to do with what your trying to rebut

Load Metric

Miscaviage got Scientology its tax exempt status the old fashioned way.. He bribed the fuck out of a bunch of powerful political assholes in DC who subsequently got some paper-pushers and ultimately Senior Executive Services types in the IRS (the SES folks are basically your political appointees in these federal agencies that run shit while the lifer government hacks stay in their cubicles) to sign off on the shit.. There was a massive party when this happened.. Honestly I suspect L Ron Hubbard is rolling over in his grave for what Miscaviage the little Nazi fuck has done to his organization.. Yes Scientology had its issues under Hubbard but it was when David Miscaviage got his hooks into Hubbard before he was even 18 and was deep into the power mantle at 21 and took over entirely the organization at 26.. He is the epitome of the charismatic absolute power hungry leader.. Its his way or the highway (or worse)

Comments

Gordman:
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 01-24-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Load Metric
    If Trump took away their tax exempt status, I'd consider voting for him

i didn't want to add trump to another thread but i was thinking of posting the exact same thing.

if you guys haven't seen it, you should immediately go watch "Going Clear", the hbo documentary on scientology

it's fucking crazy that scientology has tax exempt status and trump should go to war with these people. i'd legit donate to his re-election campaign

Comments

Gordman:

Load Metric

amazing documentary

Comments

Gordman: I watched Going Clear a while back. Definitely worth the watch and it should be a mandatory watch for anyone even remotely interested in scientology. This shit is beyond crazy.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Directv channel 320 is the Scientology Channel. Would love to know how much they pay AT&T to carry the station.

Thread Information