Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Prior to the event, the media portrayed yesterday's Virginia gun rights rally as "a worse Charlottesville waiting to happen" and predicted that "thousands of white supremacists" would descend upon the area.

And when the rally itself went down, they didn't hesitate to post scary-looking pictures of people walking in the street with high powered weaponry.

But guess what?

When it was all said and done, despite 22,000 people taking part, and despite many of them having weapons visible, there were ZERO arrests for any kind of violence.

Compare that to an Antifa event.

As far as the white supremacy...

There were plenty of black people, other minorities, gay people, trans women, and everyone was treated with the utmost respect.

Once again the media tries to whip everyone into a frenzy over "violent white supremacists inspired by Trump", and then they're humiliated by the news of the actual peaceful event.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/20/m...-rights-rally/

Trump has most of the mainstream media under constant derangement syndrome.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    AR15s for erryone
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Prior to the event, the media portrayed yesterday's Virginia gun rights rally as "a worse Charlottesville waiting to happen" and predicted that "thousands of white supremacists" would descend upon the area.

And when the rally itself went down, they didn't hesitate to post scary-looking pictures of people walking in the street with high powered weaponry.

But guess what?

When it was all said and done, despite 22,000 people taking part, and despite many of them having weapons visible, there were ZERO arrests for any kind of violence.

Compare that to an Antifa event.

As far as the white supremacy...

There were plenty of black people, other minorities, gay people, trans women, and everyone was treated with the utmost respect.

Once again the media tries to whip everyone into a frenzy over "violent white supremacists inspired by Trump", and then they're humiliated by the news of the actual peaceful event.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/20/m...-rights-rally/

Trump has most of the mainstream media under constant derangement syndrome.
    There it is. Provide everyone with high powered weapons and all is well. Good thing a gun didn't go off
    accidentally or it would have gotten bloody. Shout of to all minorities but keep low, the cops are watching you.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Amazing how none of the black protestors were shot being around all those armed white supremacists.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I still cant quite figure out how people ever got past (the current) Governor Northam in black face AND with yearbook pictures on his page that include someone dressed as a Klansman.

And while Northam is one of the two in that picture, he quite cant remember which one is him.

Come on, really?

Load Metric
    what a fucked up country

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I still cant quite figure out how people ever got past (the current) Governor Northam in black face AND with yearbook pictures on his page that include someone dressed as a Klansman.

And while Northam is one of the two in that picture, he quite cant remember which one is him.

Come on, really?

he was the klansman obv

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Amazing how none of the black protestors were shot being around all those armed white supremacists.
    That''s really a deep thought. I guess those good ole boys have come around. Nice to see a group fine U.S. citizens showing the world that murder in broad daylight is bad. Such control. And what a cause to celebrate each year. I was thinking of getting an axe wielding and cross bow march together but then I forgot

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    That''s really a deep thought. I guess those good ole boys have come around. Nice to see a group fine U.S. citizens showing the world that murder in broad daylight is bad. Such control. And what a cause to celebrate each year. I was thinking of getting an axe wielding and cross bow march together but then I forgot
    I agree, tons of control shown by those white supremacists. All full of hate but still hugging and high diving the black protesters. Maybe they’re in for the long con, bring them in close to kill them at night when no one is looking.

Load Metric
    What the fuck are these losers even rallying for? What’s next? A rally for gaining independence from the crown and British rule? Because they’ve had an uninterrupted right to own guns since the same era. All this over some common sense state statute allowing police to not let people dangerous to themselves or others transfer weapons. That’s what this rally is about, right?

Load Metric
    In states that have open carry laws, it is usually illegal to hold the weapon in public in one’s hands that would allow it to easily be pointed as someone, such as shown in this pic. I believe the legal term is “brandishing”. Perhaps Virginia doesn’t have such a restriction.

Comments

nightmarefish: Retard rep

limitles: fuck a dead horse you fucking nightmare
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What the fuck are these losers even rallying for? What’s next? A rally for gaining independence from the crown and British rule? Because they’ve had an uninterrupted right to own guns since the same era. All this over some common sense state statute allowing police to not let people dangerous to themselves or others transfer weapons. That’s what this rally is about, right?
    There are many on the left today -- including the mainstream left -- who want full scale gun control.

Whenever there's a mass shooting and you hear crying abut, "When are we finally going to do something about this?", that's code for, "When are we finally going to take people's guns away?"

Hell, even Beto stated it directly on national TV.

Most of them aren't marching because of fear of small tweaks in gun laws which will make it more difficult to transfer guns or difficult to own high powered weaponry. Yeah, they're worried about that, too, but those efforts have been going on for decades, and the gun crowd has been relatively quiet. The real worry here is that full scale gun control the ultimate plan for the Democratic Party, and that it's going to start with "common sense reform".

Some people laughed at this, but I stated awhile ago that a real path to common sense gun reform would involve Democrats signing a pledge that they will not pursue full scale gun control at any time, and that they don't and won't support such a thing. I realize that the pledge wouldn't be legally binding in any way, but at least it would be something the Republicans could use in future debates/discussions if it were to come up.

Many Democrats criticize Bernie not for being too far left, but for being too far left in 2020. They feel he'd be too much of a shock to the system, and nothing would get done, even if he were elected. Many feel the correct plan is to elect moderate Democrats who wink-wink-nudge-nudge "don't support" a lot of Bernie's far left ideas, and then slowly enact legislation which takes the country further and further left. There's a belief that change no longer can come from radical activism, but slowly transitioning to the left wing platform as the public grows to accept it as the new normal.

Look at what has happened with gay/trans issues in the past 15 years. Imagine if, in 2004, Democrats were campaining to not only allow full gay marriage, but to let trans women use women's bathrooms, and to gender-transition 3-year-olds. The public would have laughed them off the stage. Instead, it was done slowly. First civil unions. Then as that acceptance grew, full gay marriage. then as that acceptance grew, more rights for trans people. Then as that acceptance grew, the demand for trans women to be able to use women's bathrooms. Then as that acceptance grew, the demand for teenagers to be able to transition. Then as that became accepted, we started seeing the "preferred pronons" thing appear, even for people who clearly identify as one gender and aren't trans in any way. Then we started seeing transgender 3-year-olds and that being defended as normal and enlightened.

All in a span of 15 years.

The new tactic of the left is "give us a fingertip, and we will eventually take the whole hand".

That's why they were marching. They see gun rights being the next massive transformation in the upcoming 15 years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    There are many on the left today -- including the mainstream left -- who want full scale gun control.

Whenever there's a mass shooting and you hear crying abut, "When are we finally going to do something about this?", that's code for, "When are we finally going to take people's guns away?"

Most of them aren't marching because of fear of small tweaks in gun laws which will make it more difficult to transfer guns or difficult to own high powered weaponry. Yeah, they're worried about that, too, but those efforts have been going on for decades, and the gun crowd has been relatively quiet. The real worry here is that full scale gun control the ultimate plan for the Democratic Party, and that it's going to start with "common sense reform".

Some people laughed at this, but I stated awhile ago that a real path to common sense gun reform would involve Democrats signing a pledge that they will not pursue full scale gun control at any time, and that they don't and won't support such a thing. I realize that the pledge wouldn't be legally binding in any way, but at least it would be something the Republicans could use in future debates/discussions if it were to come up.

Many Democrats criticize Bernie not for being too far left, but for being too far left in 2020. They feel he'd be too much of a shock to the system, and nothing would get done, even if he were elected. Many feel the correct plan is to elect moderate Democrats who wink-wink-nudge-nudge "don't support" a lot of Bernie's far left ideas, and then slowly enact legislation which takes the country further and further left. There's a belief that change no longer can come from radical activism, but slowly transitioning to the left wing platform as the public grows to accept it as the new normal.

Look at what has happened with gay/trans issues in the past 15 years. Imagine if, in 2004, Democrats were campaining to not only allow full gay marriage, but to let trans women use women's bathrooms, and to gender-transition 3-year-olds. The public would have laughed them off the stage. Instead, it was done slowly. First civil unions. Then as that acceptance grew, full gay marriage. then as that acceptance grew, more rights for trans people. Then as that acceptance grew, the demand for trans women to be able to use women's bathrooms. Then as that acceptance grew, the demand for teenagers to be able to transition. Then as that became accepted, we started seeing the "preferred pronons" thing appear, even for people who clearly identify as one gender and aren't trans in any way. Then we started seeing transgender 3-year-olds and that being defended as normal and enlightened.

The new tactic of the left is "give us a fingertip, and we will eventually take the whole hand".

That's why they were marching. They see gun rights being the next massive transformation in the upcoming 15 years.
    Good grief is everything right and left with you. You can't imagine conservatives who are disgusted with the deplorable waste of life with the annual slaughters in your country? I can't believe you persist in such thinking.

Compare it to the air pollution problem in your city in the 70's. A common problem that needs fixing for the population as a whole regardless of what some morons want or believe.

Load Metric
    i don't know why you keep saying this.

you think the fear of being made to look hypocritical scares politicians? they do it on a daily basis. the public doesn't care. everyone now believes the ends justify the means.

after this pledge, you would be one mass shooting away from the democrats saying that gun reform didn't work and that they need to get serious. guess what? their popularity would only go up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i don't know why you keep saying this.

you think the fear of being made to look hypocritical scares politicians? they do it on a daily basis. the public doesn't care. everyone now believes the ends justify the means.

after this pledge, you would be one mass shooting away from the democrats saying that gun reform didn't work and that they need to get serious. guess what? their popularity would only go up.
    It would have to be strongly worded to where that excuse couldn't be used without looking like they were violating it, even under "changed circumstances".

Again, it wouldn't be binding or foolproof, but would be better than nothing.

At the moment, many on the left want full gun control, and they think we will get there by getting the public to first warm to "common sense gun reform".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Good grief is everything right and left with you. You can't imagine conservatives who are disgusted with the deplorable waste of life with the annual slaughters in your country? I can't believe you persist in such thinking.

Compare it to the air pollution problem in your city in the 70's. A common problem that needs fixing for the population as a whole regardless of what some morons want or believe.
    les, stick to Canadian politics.

Air pollution has massively been improved in the US (especially Los Angeles) over the past 30 years.

There are indeed "annual slaughters" in the US, but it's not from the occasional spree killing. It's from the constant gun violence in cities like Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit, and gun control ain't fixing those problems. But the Democrats don't like talking about the vast majority of gun violence deaths occurring in inner cities, because it's their own failed policies which have led to them worsening, and they really don't care about black people killing each other, as long as they consistently keep voting Democrat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Air pollution has massively been improved in the US (especially Los Angeles) over the past 30 years.

There are indeed "annual slaughters" in the US, but it's not from the occasional spree killing. It's from the constant gun violence in cities like Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit, and gun control ain't fixing those problems. But the Democrats don't like talking about the vast majority of gun violence deaths occurring in inner cities, because it's their own failed policies which have led to them worsening, and they really don't care about black people killing each other, as long as they consistently keep voting Democrat.
    Fuck right off. Stick to your ignorant takes on several important topics in this world. Because I live in Canada I can't care about civil war in countries or starving children etc.?

You constantly display how little you know on several important issues. I'm surprised. Stick to counting
    numbers. And you accuse others of not thinking critically? I'm shocked the more I read your positions.

You didn't even understand the analogy I used to show it's a problem that is worsening and it
    is going to take a majority of people with enough sense to do something about it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Fuck right off. Stick to your ignorant takes on several important topics in this world. Because I live in Canada I can't care about civil war in countries or starving children etc.?

You constantly display how little you know on several important issues. I'm surprised. Stick to counting
    numbers. And you accuse others of not thinking critically? I'm shocked the more I read your positions.

You didn't even understand the analogy I used to show it's a problem that is worsening and it
    is going to take a majority of people with enough sense to do something about it.
    You should take a deeper look into some of the problems you talk about, such as the real stats on gun violence in the US.

School shootings are shocking and depressing, and always bring strong emotions to everyone, but in reality they're a tiny percentage of gun violence deaths in this country.

The real gun violence danger in the US is in poor black and Hispanic neighborhoods, but gun control would do very little to prevent those. There needs to be a solution in those communities, but these are areas long controlled by Democrats, and they're happy enough with the status quo. If I were black, I would feel incredibly betrayed by the Democratic Party.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My point was you constantly paint everything left or right ignoring serious problems affecting today’s world. Shedding blame on a specific group for problems that affect everyone is not just foolish and wrong it also prolongs or worsens those problems.

Thread Information