Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this girl didn't get into harvard. but barry's daughter did

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Dr Mumbles.

i think it might stick...we needs a new dr since pockles isn't around.

Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    My high school in El Paso was a total shit show...half my teachers only taught when it was review day....other than that it was read the text book and answer the questions at the end of the chapter.

I don’t even recall there being AP classes, between the race riots and rampant drug use it’s a miracle I got the hell out of there.
    lulz...did any students try and bring box cutters to school as weapons?....that's why families move to other neighborhoods unless they want to pay 25k for day school or 50k for boarding school
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Back when I was in college 30 years ago, public colleges were cheap. Money wasn't really an issue as long as your family was middle class or higher.

Went up rapidly in the 90s and beyond because the schools realized they could milk the state and the parents for more $. That's why I laugh at these free college proposals. What we need is cheaper college -- not giving schools a blank check signed by da gubbmint.

I graduated college in 3 years. Unlike most kids there, who wanted to stay young and irresponsible, I was in a hurry to grow up. I shouldn't have been.

100% I would change that if I did it all over again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

What state university is he going to?
    Tough but fair...in Texas. However, most private schools around here will give you moolah to match the public’s

And some privates in town are total shit....
    A friend’s wife recently took a job at a somewhat well-regraded private university. It’s not an IVY, but it’s a $55k a year private that when I graduated high school, I probably couldn’t have gotten into. I had the test scores. I didn’t attend school enough to have the impeccable GPA.

She has this geographical area she’s in charge of where she filters applications. She approves them, rejects them, or kicks them to a committee if they’re borderline. I was shocked at how low the requirements were to get in. Outside the Ivy League, she said this is the trend. It’s far trickier to get into Ohio State than her school, which blew my mind.

It was the exact opposite when I graduated. I had friends with a 2.6 and 17 ACT accepted with me. Now you better have a 3.8 and 27 minimum to be on the border at a state school. She’s accepting 3.6 and 24 if they write a good essay and said it’s the norm at a lot of these private schools. I guess people wised up to the notion of spending $225k on an undergrad degree and are saving their bullets for grad school.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Back when I was in college 30 years ago, public colleges were cheap. Money wasn't really an issue as long as your family was middle class or higher.

Went up rapidly in the 90s and beyond because the schools realized they could milk the state and the parents for more $. That's why I laugh at these free college proposals. What we need is cheaper college -- not giving schools a blank check signed by da gubbmint.

I graduated college in 3 years. Unlike most kids there, who wanted to stay young and irresponsible, I was in a hurry to grow up. I shouldn't have been.

While true, this is not the overwhelming reason why tuition has soared. In the late 90s the government began to make a big push on getting very involved in the student loan market, offering fully guaranteed loans for 100% of student's costs. They also offered interest rates way below the market value since they after all set the interest rate. All of a sudden people that would have never considered college went because it was effectively "free" not taking into consideration they would one day have to actually pay it back. Stats estimate 40% of people who took out loans in the early 2000s will default in the next 5-10 years. The market was flooded with cash, and Universities saw an opportunity to raise prices dramatically with no push back, since the government would loan the 19 year old student the money either way. The 19 year old student was too dumb to realize anything, just increase the size of the loan and worry about it later. It was a bonanza for Professors and Athletic Departments.

The whole thing is a joke. I have two relatives that took advantage of this Sallie Mae program. One went back to school at age 23 and got a degree in Marketing to the tune of $100K. She was a bartender before college, during college and now at the age of 31, still a bartender. She now owes $100K and recently got divorced because her husband did not want to be saddled with her debt. I saw her a couple months ago at a gathering and she was constantly making fun in a sad way of her financial situation. She was still talking up her degree though saying she is just waiting for the right opportunity.

The other relative is even in worse shape. Always wanted to be a lawyer. Works during the day going to school at night to get his bachelor's degree, than it's another $100K for law school. At the pace he is going he will be in his late 30s if and when he gets his law degree.

What a fucking scheme this is.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

While true, this is not the overwhelming reason why tuition has soared. In the late 90s the government began to make a big push on getting very involved in the student loan market, offering fully guaranteed loans for 100% of student's costs. They also offered interest rates way below the market value since they after all set the interest rate. All of a sudden people that would have never considered college went because it was effectively "free" not taking into consideration they would one day have to actually pay it back. Stats estimate 40% of people who took out loans in the early 2000s will default in the next 5-10 years. The market was flooded with cash, and Universities saw an opportunity to raise prices dramatically with no push back, since the government would loan the 19 year old student the money either way. The 19 year old student was too dumb to realize anything, just increase the size of the loan and worry about it later. It was a bonanza for Professors and Athletic Departments.

The whole thing is a joke. I have two relatives that took advantage of this Sallie Mae program. One went back to school at age 23 and got a degree in Marketing to the tune of $100K. She was a bartender before college, during college and now at the age of 31, still a bartender. She now owes $100K and recently got divorced because her husband did not want to be saddled with her debt. I saw her a couple months ago at a gathering and she was constantly making fun in a sad way of her financial situation. She was still talking up her degree though saying she is just waiting for the right opportunity.

The other relative is even in worse shape. Always wanted to be a lawyer. Works during the day going to school at night to get his bachelor's degree, than it's another $100K for law school. At the pace he is going he will be in his late 30s if and when he gets his law degree.

It’s often observed that unchecked lending abnormally drives up asset prices. So, it’s reasonable to apply that logic to the intangible asset of a “college degree” if the suppliers aren’t materially constrained in setting their offering prices.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Zero chance the orange tinted dictator's son in law deserved it more than Barack Obama's daughter.

Of all the people that got into Harvard, his daughter (who is a legacy) is the only one that didn't deserve to get it in?
    Seriously, why even post shit like this?
    You can't even act like you aren't a racist prick,
    END OF POST.

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    so barry's daughter must be as gifted if not more gifted than Eva Smerekanych

lol...zero chance of that.

here's your real competition getting into the top 10 schools

lol @ 19 AP's

Comments

dwai: perpetually triggered n-word lover
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric

Have you ever seen how much money it costs to go to the University of Phoenix???? It's insane.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Tough but fair...in Texas. However, most private schools around here will give you moolah to match the public’s

And some privates in town are total shit....
    A friend’s wife recently took a job at a somewhat well-regraded private university. It’s not an IVY, but it’s a $55k a year private that when I graduated high school, I probably couldn’t have gotten into. I had the test scores. I didn’t attend school enough to have the impeccable GPA.

She has this geographical area she’s in charge of where she filters applications. She approves them, rejects them, or kicks them to a committee if they’re borderline. I was shocked at how low the requirements were to get in. Outside the Ivy League, she said this is the trend. It’s far trickier to get into Ohio State than her school, which blew my mind.

It was the exact opposite when I graduated. I had friends with a 2.6 and 17 ACT accepted with me. Now you better have a 3.8 and 27 minimum to be on the border at a state school. She’s accepting 3.6 and 24 if they write a good essay and said it’s the norm at a lot of these private schools. I guess people wised up to the notion of spending $225k on an undergrad degree and are saving their bullets for grad school.
    obv not williams or bowdoin

any college could become a "good" school or elite. all admissions has to do is stop admitting as much. then all these pretentious 18yr olds would want to go there. ..lol @ usc and northeastern being top schools now
    Last edited by mulva; 01-21-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Zero chance the orange tinted dictator's son in law deserved it more than Barack Obama's daughter.

Of all the people that got into Harvard, his daughter (who is a legacy) is the only one that didn't deserve to get it in?
    Seriously, why even post shit like this?
    You can't even act like you aren't a racist prick,
    END OF POST.

lol @ 19 AP's

oh jimmy. i was just illustrating the unfairness of it all. sure kush kush, and offspring of all prominent politicians participate. and why wouldn't they.

even BU has a legacy thing. and legacy is just another problem with yale and others as well.
    Last edited by mulva; 01-21-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

It’s often observed that unchecked lending abnormally drives up asset prices. So, it’s reasonable to apply that logic to the intangible asset of a “college degree” if the suppliers aren’t materially constrained in setting their offering prices.
    wondering if this might be another house of cards like the housing crisis. can't be completely ruled out. but right now the competition is high for many colleges and there was a baby making boom after y2k for a few years. so the money grab is in high swing now. in 5-10 years, maybe not so much

Load Metric

lol @ 19 AP's

Couldn’t make it through the entire video. Got super annoyed by her incessant vocal fry.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

You did it right. I didn’t get adulting right until I was almost 30. I don’t think the memories of fun outweigh the productive time lost. Thankful my kid took your path and not mine.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lets take affirmative action even further.

the reverse racism in getting into medical school.

i mean lol. if you're hispanic or black and have the same subset of grades you have a 3 and 4 times likely hood of getting into medical school than being white or asian.

lol........wut kind of nonsense is this. this is seriously some backwards ass paddle faster i hear banjos type of thing.

if i'm going under the knife no hispanic or african american is going to be cutting me open unless they're an all star.

Load Metric

i mean lol. if you're hispanic or black and have the same subset of grades you have a 3 and 4 times likely hood of getting into medical school than being white or asian.

lol........wut kind of nonsense is this. this is seriously some backwards ass paddle faster i hear banjos type of thing.

if i'm going under the knife no hispanic or african american is going to be cutting me open unless they're an all star.

My brother is a surgeon. While in med school he walked in on a group of black students with a professor having an after hours class to go back over what had already been taught. No white students. Make of that what you will.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

My brother is a surgeon. While in med school he walked in on a group of black students with a professor having an after hours class to go back over what had already been taught. No white students. Make of that what you will.
    so not right. our whole education plan needs to be revamped somehow.

i have no idea how it would happen but it needs a big fix.

it's sad and very unfair on just about every level.

congress should not be going after lori loughlin and the others so hard to make an example. they should be going after the schools.

Thread Information