Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This guy makes big dick look like he's right about Jews

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If this is an elaborate troll job, I give him A+, though.
    He's done it before, so, yes, probably just a troll whore:

When there was that terrible bombing at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester - killing 22 and injuring over 50 - David Leavitt quickly tweeted:

"The last time I listened to Arianna Grande I almost died too."

He was even called out by Anthony Bourdain (yes that Anthony Bourdain) with a tweet that said: "You, sir, are truly a steaming, gaping asshole.".

Then, not to be outdone, after Bourdain took his own life, Leavitt made sure he got the last word, er, tweet:

Wow, such a friend-inducing nice fellow.

Load Metric
    Yeah, the 0.01 seems to be referring to something regarding the toothbrush on display, and not an actual price. Stupid to have that printed anywhere the public can see, but regardless, apparently Massachusetts law allows retailers to NOT honor prices which were a result of "gross (significant) error".

In the meantime, a Gofundme has raised almost $15k for "Target Tori to go on a vacation". However, I don't believe Target Tori has been fully identified yet, aside from that one picture. I'm sure she can be found, though.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-tori...on-from-target
    It’s NOT even referring to the toothbrush on display. The brand and model name for the toothbrush would need to be printed on the price label, and possibly also marked “Display Model Only” for the retailer to be required to honor that price for the display model toothbrush. It’s not. As printed on the price label, it’s for the “Perfect Plac DISPLAY FXTR”. Here “Plac” and “FXTR” are most like abbreviations for “Placard” and “Fixture”, meaning the display placard the toothbrush is attached to. Just because a retail clerk forgot to affix the price label for the toothbrush to the placard does not mean that the retailer must sell the toothbrush for the stated price of the display placard.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I'm gonna go with obvious troll job and/or scam. Wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the gofundme.

Come on, nobody is "shaking" because they didn't get a 1 cent toothbrush. And the "cop" in this story is not believable at all.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    I'm gonna go with obvious troll job and/or scam. Wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the gofundme.

Come on, nobody is "shaking" because they didn't get a 1 cent toothbrush. And the "cop" in this story is not believable at all.
    Would be an absolutely brilliant con if it was coordinated with the girl and you had some someone who appeared removed from the situation start the go fund me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Would be an absolutely brilliant con if it was coordinated with the girl and you had some someone who appeared removed from the situation start the go fund me.
    Indeed it would; 18k has been raised for Tori's trip as at this moment. Good for her, someone should get some pleasure from this douche's actions.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Indeed it would; 18k has been raised for Tori's trip as at this moment. Good for her, someone should get some pleasure from this douche's actions.
    Honestly, I thought that after that homeless guy got like $400k for giving that lady his last $20 and they ended up stealing it. It feels like you could create organic looking gofundme scams. Like get a.smart tech guy and a few creative people and devise things that can go viral. Honestly, people love to be hustled because it makes them feel good. Who keeps giving to a gofundme for a homeless addict after getting him a place to live and a few essentials?You have a better chance to kill him than help him if you hand him $400k

Load Metric
    bcr has been dreaming about scams at night people

Comments

BCR: Love a good con

Load Metric
    its ridiculous what yanks will call the police for

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

After reading it more last night after radio, I started to believe it was a troll job, and in fact I felt silly for falling for it and giving the story any time on radio.

His defiant tone on Twitter, including his current tactic of posting Magic-related tweets while ignoring that 100% of the responses are about this, makes it seem even more troll-like.

A non-troll would have abandoned ship by now. He's reveling in the attention. That, combined with his history, makes this seem like it's probably real. I do think it's possible the story has some roots in truth (perhaps he did try to buy the toothbrush at 1 penny, got rejected, and took a picture of Tori the manager who refused him), but I now doubt he called the police, or that he legitimately feels the way he does.

I don't believe the Gofundme is related to him, though. It was started by "Carpe Donktum", a longtime semi-known conservative social media guy. I've seen Carpe Donktum around before all of this. However, I think it's possible that Carpe Donktum never gets the funds over to Tori, as is common with these "raise money for someone else" Gofundme campaigns.

Load Metric

After reading it more last night after radio, I started to believe it was a troll job, and in fact I felt silly for falling for it and giving the story any time on radio.

His defiant tone on Twitter, including his current tactic of posting Magic-related tweets while ignoring that 100% of the responses are about this, makes it seem even more troll-like.

A non-troll would have abandoned ship by now. He's reveling in the attention. That, combined with his history, makes this seem like it's probably real. I do think it's possible the story has some roots in truth (perhaps he did try to buy the toothbrush at 1 penny, got rejected, and took a picture of Tori the manager who refused him), but I now doubt he called the police, or that he legitimately feels the way he does.

I don't believe the Gofundme is related to him, though. It was started by "Carpe Donktum", a longtime semi-known conservative social media guy. I've seen Carpe Donktum around before all of this. However, I think it's possible that Carpe Donktum never gets the funds over to Tori, as is common with these "raise money for someone else" Gofundme campaigns.
    Hmmmm... Perhaps you have latent anti-Semitism that lured you into blaming his supposedly outrageous cheapness on his Jewishness enough for you to publicly entertain lending credence to big dick’s anti-Semitic trope-filled tirades before coming around to seeing how he might have pulled an cheap version of an Andy Kaufman “happening”.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tori has been located, and appreciates the money raised so far.

GoFundMe has also stated that "Carpe Donktum" is not being given access to the money, and that they will send it directly to Tori.

Load Metric
    For 30k we better get some tit pics

Load Metric
    For 30k we better get some tit pics
    Maybe after the boob job she can buy. Just saying she looks like a member of the IBTC.

Update: upon further inspection I take back what I said. She looks like she’s hiding them well likely at least a C maybe legit close to D hiding in that sweater of hers. Kinda pushed down but very large circularwise. (Ok I’m going to stop now over analyzing this chicks boobs. It’s totally inappropriate in reality.)

Load Metric
    Even separate from the fact that the price label on the display placard does not in any way refer to a toothbrush, electric or otherwise, Druff was 100% on the money that a retail store in Massachusetts has to honor a displayed price that is the result of a “gross error”. See Section 940 CMR 3.13.1: Pricing, paragraph f, in the linked PDF from Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General’s public documents for details.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents...13/940cmr3.pdf

(f) Correct Pricing. It is an unfair or deceptive act or practice for any person subject to 940 CMR 3.13 to charge a consumer an incorrect price for any item offered for sale. The “correct price” is the lowest of: the advertised price in any circular, newspaper, magazine, television or radio commercial, or in any other medium, or any published correction thereof; the price indicated on any store sign, shelf label, price tag or price sticker for the item; or the price rung up by the store’s automated retail system; provided, however, that the seller shall have no obligation to sell such item at the lowest represented price if it is the result of a gross error,if it is based on the price marked on another unit of the same item and the tendered item is marked only with a higher price, or if the price tag, label or sign shows evidence of obvious physical tampering. A “gross error” is a price which was never intended as the selling price at any time during the previous 30 day period, and which, for an item with an actual selling price of not more than $20.00, is less than half the price stated by the seller as the actual selling price, or which, for an item with an actual selling price of more than $20.00, is more than 20% below the price stated by the seller as the actual selling price.
    So, yeah. Even if the price label had said “OralB” and included the model name, a displayed price of 1 cent for an item that normally sells for over $20 would not have to be honored by the retailer.

Thank you, Mr. Leavitt, for wasting a colossal number of people’s time and attention on this supposed consumer ripoff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually, I'm surprised Massachusetts law goes that far.

They're saying that a price displayed less than 20% of any advertised or recently sold price can be claimed "in error". That could lead to all kinds of bait and switch bullshit.

I feel it should be half, except on large ticket items such as ones over $300.

Load Metric
    Actually, I'm surprised Massachusetts law goes that far.

They're saying that a price displayed less than 20% of any advertised or recently sold price can be claimed "in error". That could lead to all kinds of bait and switch bullshit.

I feel it should be half, except on large ticket items such as ones over $300.
    I saw in the TOC of that document that there was a section that addresses bait-and-switch. Maybe the risk of what you allude to here is addressed with some specific measures to discourage blatant abuse of the 20% cutoff.

Load Metric
    Is it possible you were blinded by all his pro Clinton/Bernie/Warren and anti Trump tweets?

Comments

SPIT this: lol was my thought too

Thread Information