Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Astros Sign Stealing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    After the stuff that came out yesterday I’m embarrassed by my initial hawt take. Much worse than I imagined. I expect more too.

Two minutes in the box for my own bad self

My question to you -
    Is this scandal worse than the NBA Donaghy Scandal and the NBA trying to bury that?
    Yes, this is worse.

David Stern successfully was able to pin it on a rogue official in the face of loads of circumstantial evidence that at least more than one was involved (Scott Foster, a current NBA official, often called Donaghy before and after games and had similar patterns in controlling point spreads).

This would never have worked in the era of Twitter, and the league still has done excellent in keeping suspicious games offline, save for the big ones.

Having some of the biggest stars and managers embroiled in a Mike Postle scheme is devastating for the integrity of baseball.

Comments

Dan Druff: agree
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

https://www.getmoresports.com/astros-news-possible-picture-jose-altuves-jersey-buzzer/

edit: That tweet, which has since been deleted, is supposedly from Carlos Beltran's niece according to the article I linked.
    I mentioned the tweet was supposedly from Beltran's niece which I assumed was false. Gary Sheffield Jr. has now stated unequivocally that is from a burner account of a player in the know.

https://twitter.com/GarysheffieldJr/status/1217893662652133376
    Wouldn’t surprise me if this wasn’t Verlander himself on the burner acct. he has to be concerned his legacy is tarnished with this shit in Houston

Secondly the guy I really feel sorry for is Grienke. Guy gets traded from AZ to Houston and then this shit explodes. He’s not much for overt attention he was always basically a guy who threw really well but did his job and went home at the end of the day. He has to be pissed as hell thinking he was traded to a good organization only to find out they’re a bunch of cheating assholes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    absolute joke that the astros didn't have their title stripped

You can't give it to the Dodgers because there were two other teams they played in the postseason who could have theoretically won the title.

But they shouldn't be able to keep the title. There should be no title at all.
    People are saying oh you can’t have no World Series champion. Funny it happened in 1994 with the strike and the world didn’t end back then either.

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Ouch!

Load Metric
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-white-sox-80s

If true he must have left it in Chicago or Canseco would have told us all about it in a book 15 years ago. He might just run with the story even if untrue and be talking about it tonight if anyone will pay him $500

Diamond
    Load Metric

OMG SUCH SCAMMING TRASH YANKEES V NATS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN TAMPA NEXT WEEK IMO

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jose Altuve is the Mike Postle of MLB. Who knew?
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    What I wonder is how many on that team DIDN'T participate when at bat, was it each and every guy in the lineup or was there one guy with a conscious?

If not I can only imagine the peer pressure wins out but imagine you were the 1 guy who didn't participate and now you get labeled, sucks for that guy.

Further on, imagine being on the pitching staff of the Astro's and knowing what was going on, as a pitcher that had to make you paranoid when you heard a noise anywhere else when you were pitching LOL

I heard there is a supposed secret vow of silence on cheating even if you move teams you keep mouth shut. I bet it exists or clearly it did for the most part but it only takes one and that stuff was bound to come out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    What I wonder is how many on that team DIDN'T participate when at bat, was it each and every guy in the lineup or was there one guy with a conscious?
    Interesting question. I've read that some guys don't like to know what's coming because they tighten up, can't react like they'd want to. Makes them think when they only want to react. They prefer to rely on what they've always done. Practical reasons, not ethical. Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a least 1-2 stragglers who in the league who wouldn't use it for ethical reasons, but would def be surprised i it were more than that. Those types of guys might be whistle blowers, too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

I mentioned the tweet was supposedly from Beltran's niece which I assumed was false. Gary Sheffield Jr. has now stated unequivocally that is from a burner account of a player in the know.

https://twitter.com/GarysheffieldJr/status/1217893662652133376
    Wouldn’t surprise me if this wasn’t Verlander himself on the burner acct. he has to be concerned his legacy is tarnished with this shit in Houston

Secondly the guy I really feel sorry for is Grienke. Guy gets traded from AZ to Houston and then this shit explodes. He’s not much for overt attention he was always basically a guy who threw really well but did his job and went home at the end of the day. He has to be pissed as hell thinking he was traded to a good organization only to find out they’re a bunch of cheating assholes.

My guess is it's Gerritt Cole or most likely Grienke. It has to be 1 of the pitchers at least.

That account also put out a tweet, since deleted, saying something along the lines of "keep talking/denying, I have pictures from the clubhouse".
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Is there something in the rule book that says you can't have a buzzer in your shirt?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Is there something in the rule book that says you can't have a buzzer in your shirt?
    Yes.

Comments

SPIT this: Thanks lol. Thought maybe it was like "no rule that says you can't have a dog on your team" loophole
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Baseball should just make everything legal.

Are you on steroids? You're damn right.

Load Metric
    Technology and chemistry might have just outrun any hope of fairness in sports.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  074D44AC-D220-408B-89B5-E12D77176956.jpeg
Views: 643
Size:  129.3 KB

Name:  33A660D6-600B-4BAD-B70B-BF2B3D828A57.jpeg
Views: 677
Size:  152.7 KB

Name:  283FCF40-D0AD-4E7D-A32E-469413CB62B4.jpeg
Views: 619
Size:  158.1 KB

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Lol

Diamond
    Load Metric
    this is pathetic. spineless trash

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Is it worth betting against the Astros like every big game for the 1st half of the season? Because I have to suppose youll be getting good money to do so and you have to imagine that this is going to be in their heads distracting them. Plus other teams will be laser focused wanting to beat them and give 150% every game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Is it worth betting against the Astros like every big game for the 1st half of the season? Because I have to suppose youll be getting good money to do so and you have to imagine that this is going to be in their heads distracting them. Plus other teams will be laser focused wanting to beat them and give 150% every game.
    My gut tells me the exact opposite. That they’re going to come out determined to prove the haters wrong. I’m guessing the PED routine was off the charts this offseason. If they come out struggling they know what the narrative will be.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    My gut tells me the exact opposite. That they’re going to come out determined to prove the haters wrong. I’m guessing the PED routine was off the charts this offseason. If they come out struggling they know what the narrative will be.
    Prove what? They have fat contracts, multiple WS rings, endorsements and a great cult following.

I was in line at Joes Pizza and saw a guy wearing a brand new Astros hat in front of me. I said you must have alot of balls wearing that in NY of all places. He goes, I bought it the week after the allegations came out. Lol.

These guys are going to be villified in every opposing ballpark.

That is unless MLB sweeps this entire thing under the rug and refuse announcers or reporters make it a big deal

Load Metric
    Druff, I’m guessing that this is one of those rare occasions when even you will appreciate a HuffPost article.

‘Strip The Title’: Angry Players, Fans Demand MLB Action Against Cheating Houston Astros
    Even LeBron James is urging baseball to “fix this for the sake of Sports.”
    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b6eb8e95b4a80e
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information