View Poll Results: If you're the manager, how much credit BACK do you give the customer on the $900 purchase?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • $90 (the original offer)

5 27.78%
  • $120

2 11.11%
  • $150

5 27.78%
  • $200

4 22.22%
  • $250

0 0%
  • $300

1 5.56%
  • Don't know or care... just want to see the results

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jew Make the Call: Late Laptop Edition

Load Metric
    My gut says you deserve double the original inconvenience offer and nothing less. Hence, I voted for $200. What did they give you?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    i never thought i'd say this but where is devidee when we need him

Load Metric
    Your partner must have been rather disappointed to get a printout of a computer offer under the tree. A partner expects something more tangible from a partner.

Two suggestions:

1) Could you have bought one somewhere else and have them make up the difference? If not, $90 plus another $90 in credit for accessory items that your partner might need.

2] You may find this objectionable, but I would have also considered bailing on the deal entirely as Xmas approached and bought your partner a laptop that would have met your partner's standards that I could walk out of the store with regardless of the cost.This is easy for me to say because it's not my money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Your partner must have been rather disappointed to get a printout of a computer offer under the tree. A partner expects something more tangible from a partner.

Two suggestions:

1) Could you have bought one somewhere else and have them make up the difference? If not, $90 plus another $90 in credit for accessory items that your partner might need.

2] You may find this objectionable, but I would have also considered bailing on the deal entirely as Xmas approached and bought your partner a laptop that would have met your partner's standards that I could walk out of the store with regardless of the cost.This is easy for me to say because it's not my money.
    Good questions.

I like ordering custom-built laptops. By December 19, my only option was to go into something like Best Buy and get a pre-built laptop. If I ordered one from anywhere else, it would not be there in time, and in fact would not have even arrived in 2019.

My girlfriend actually has very similar tastes in laptops as I do:

- PC, not a Mac
    - At least 16GB RAM
    - Touch screen
    - Decent keyboard
    - SSD hard drive of at least 512GB, preferably larger (or, alternately, a 256GB SSD with a second non-SSD drive)
    - Intel processor which is in the upper eschelon of those offered at the moment (but not the very top)
    - 15 or 17 inch screen

She's not a gamer, so she doesn't need a killer graphics card or anything like that.

Anyway, I got one like this for $900+tax, and the hard drive was 1TB SSD, which was great. Screen was 17".

Zero point zero chance I could have found a machine like this in Best Buy, except perhaps one double the price with shit she didn't need.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    didn't read thread but i voted 90 because it was the lowest number

Load Metric
    didn't read the thread but also didn't vote

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Interesting responses in this thread.

Seems like opinions are mixed, and the mixed voting results would also indicate that.

Here's the end of the story:

The manager asked me at the end of the call what I wanted for them to make it right.

Druff's Rule #3 of Customer Service Credits states that you never throw out the credit figure first. You let them offer one to you. If it's surprisingly good, you accept. If it's lower than you expected, then you argue.

So I said, "I'm still thinking about that... maybe you can give me a figure you think is fair."

In my mind, I thought, "If he offers under $150, I'm going to argue for more. If he offers over $150, I'll snap-accept and not argue. If he offers exactly $150, I'm not sure what I'll do."

Of course, true to form, he offered me $150.

I paused for a moment, thinking that perhaps I could try to squeeze another $25 or $50 out of him. However, I was tired (the call woke me up, and I only answered because I knew it was going to be hell getting called back), and I also kinda felt $150 was fair and felt a bit like an asshole demanding more.

I responded, "Uhh.... yyyyyyeah.... $150 is fine. Thanks. Let's do it."

Also, the $150 turned out it was coming off the purchase price (even though I had already paid), so it adjusted off another $10 or so of tax as well, making it a refund of about $160.

I also saved a little money at the beginning buying e-gift cards online at a discount to pay for about $300 worth of the computer. I was actually going to buy enough for the entire purchase, but there weren't enough to buy. Now I'm glad I didn't, or crediting me back was going to be a bitch.

Anyway, between the gift card savings, the $160 credit, and the good deal I got, I probably paid about $750 total (after tax) for the above machine.

Great success!

Load Metric
    Interesting responses in this thread.

Seems like opinions are mixed, and the mixed voting results would also indicate that.

Here's the end of the story:

The manager asked me at the end of the call what I wanted for them to make it right.

Druff's Rule #3 of Customer Service Credits states that you never throw out the credit figure first. You let them offer one to you. If it's surprisingly good, you accept. If it's lower than you expected, then you argue.

So I said, "I'm still thinking about that... maybe you can give me a figure you think is fair."

In my mind, I thought, "If he offers under $150, I'm going to argue for more. If he offers over $150, I'll snap-accept and not argue. If he offers exactly $150, I'm not sure what I'll do."

Of course, true to form, he offered me $150.

I paused for a moment, thinking that perhaps I could try to squeeze another $25 or $50 out of him. However, I was tired (the call woke me up, and I only answered because I knew it was going to be hell getting called back), and I also kinda felt $150 was fair and felt a bit like an asshole demanding more.

I responded, "Uhh.... yyyyyyeah.... $150 is fine. Thanks. Let's do it."

Also, the $150 turned out it was coming off the purchase price (even though I had already paid), so it adjusted off another $10 or so of tax as well, making it a refund of about $160.

I also saved a little money at the beginning buying e-gift cards online at a discount to pay for about $300 worth of the computer. I was actually going to buy enough for the entire purchase, but there weren't enough to buy. Now I'm glad I didn't, or crediting me back was going to be a bitch.

Anyway, between the gift card savings, the $160 credit, and the good deal I got, I probably paid about $750 total (after tax) for the above machine.

Great success!

You did okay, but caving to his first offer shows that you failed the True Scotsman test of being a savvy negotiator. Plus, if Jews are supposed to be so cheap versus other people, how come the following list is practically devoid of them?

https://money.com/collection-post/richest-cheapskates/

Seriously, stop spreading such an anti-Semitic trope.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information