Thread: Another black eye for DFS: Most recent DraftKings million dollars winner is a female contestant from "The Bachelor", who appears to have colluded with her husband

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Another black eye for DFS: Most recent DraftKings million dollars winner is a female contestant from "The Bachelor", who appears to have colluded with her husband

The following article breaks it down pretty well, so I won't bother writing it up here:

https://www.usbets.com/jade-roper-ba...ngs-collusion/

Cliffs: Jade Roper (now Jade Tolbert) was on the TV show "The Bachelor", and won the DraftKings Millionaire Maker this week. She is married to Tanner Tolbert, who previously appeared on "The Bachelorette".

Both entered this week's contest on DraftKings, and each entered 150 lineups. Their lineups were configured in a way to where it looked more like 300 unique entries, to where there was such little duplication that it is almost statistically impossible for such uniqueness to occur without colluding together.

It's the DFS equivalent of multi-accounting.

Also, laughably one of Tanner's friends, who claimed to have been on the phone with him all day, accidentally congratulated HIM for winning, instead of Jade. Then he deleted his tweet. Oops!

It is very likely that Jade won in name only, and that Tanner submitted both lineups in order to give himself double the chance of winning.

This is very embarrassing for DraftKings, where their first sort-of-famous-outside-of-DFS million dollar winner turned out to be a cheater.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    they are fucking morons...

if dipshit #1 didn't broadcast it on twitter congratulating the wrong person and if dipshit #2 (the woman) didn't brag about winning a million dollars on twitter I doubt that anybody would have cared enough to put this shit together...

another instance of social media being complete and utter fucking AIDS...

yes I think they deserve to face some sort of punishment because they are fucking stupid...yes this circumvention of entry limits goes on a lot and nothing is done, but in a short slate (only 4 games) like this it's even a bigger deal...I think it's scummy as shit to do this, but think the more egregious part of this being dumb enough to broadcast it on social media so the stat nerds can dig through your entries and figure out that 'yeah you probably constructed your lineups in a way that you cheated the entry limit laws (yes the entry limits aren't really imposed by the sites, rather by the states who gave the sites their license)'...

for your cliffs druff, you should say that they had mainly the same core of players in the RB/WR/TE/D spots, but the lack of duplication occurred in the QB spots where there was close to 0 overlap...that's where the cheating occurred...

Load Metric
    i don't think it would be illegal if they said, "i'll take the saturday qbs and you take the sunday qbs, that gives one of us the best chance of hitting it." it's not illegal to share lineup information.

if it's not "the same person" playing both sets of entires, then i don't see how they did anything illegal by trying to maximize the chances that one of them hits it.

realistically, women know nothing about dfs so i'm sure they are all his entries, but still.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i don't think it would be illegal if they said, "i'll take the saturday qbs and you take the sunday qbs, that gives one of us the best chance of hitting it." it's not illegal to share lineup information.

if it's not "the same person" playing both sets of entires, then i don't see how they did anything illegal by trying to maximize the chances that one of them hits it.

realistically, women know nothing about dfs so i'm sure they are all his entries, but still.
    no it's not but it's "illegal" to use two accounts to circumvent the 150 entry rule...

this is a pretty blatant case of that given how their QB exposure is split and how their other ownership lines up...

it should be fucking illegal to be stupid enough to brag about it...

is what it is...for as old as DFS is, it's still the wild west...even moreso than poker...tough to enforce any rules regarding lineup sharing, collusion, entry limits, etc...

easiest solve is to make contests 5-10 entry max, but that will never happen because that won't get them to large prize pools and will shrink their revenue base for their upcoming IPO...

my advice, if you're doing this milly maker think of it as a lotto ticket...if you really want to make money stick to small entry field tourneys with 1-3 max entries...you aren't gonna hit life changing money (but face it you aren't in these 100-200K fields), but you can hit for nice chunks of change...

Comments

DirtyErnie:

sah_24: ding ding ding ... lol dfs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

no it's not but it's "illegal" to use two accounts to circumvent the 150 entry rule...

this is a pretty blatant case of that given how their QB exposure is split and how their other ownership lines up...

it should be fucking illegal to be stupid enough to brag about it...

is what it is...for as old as DFS is, it's still the wild west...even moreso than poker...tough to enforce any rules regarding lineup sharing, collusion, entry limits, etc...

easiest solve is to make contests 5-10 entry max, but that will never happen because that won't get them to large prize pools and will shrink their revenue base for their upcoming IPO...

my advice, if you're doing this milly maker think of it as a lotto ticket...if you really want to make money stick to small entry field tourneys with 1-3 max entries...you aren't gonna hit life changing money (but face it you aren't in these 100-200K fields), but you can hit for nice chunks of change...

sadly i was one holding call away from life changing money.

but let's just say me and a friend want as many chances to hit the million as possible so we discuss our lineups with each other and make sure there's no overlap.

would that be illegal?

Thread Information