Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: blake are you jewish?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The average Christian in 2020 thinks the left is a much, much greater threat to life and society than the Jews. Some of the idiots conflate the two, but if asked, "Who do you like better? An apolitical Jew or a Christian leftist?", most of them would choose the apolitical Jew, and especially the conservative Jew.

The left has abandoned any attempt to appeal to Christians, and now casts them as evil/ignorant villains with unjustified privilege.
    Depends on how you view it. I know almost nothing but Christians. They might agree with you more on social issues, and find you easier to get along with and less annoying. I’ve never heard of this Christian Left phrased this way. If you mean Christian Democrats who are liberal, Christians view them as misguided and annoying and whatever, but they still think they’ll be in heaven with some explaining to do while you either convert or spend eternity in hell.

They might like you more on some level on this side of life’s curtain, but if someone thinks I’m going to the worst place they can imagine because of who I am, it really doesn’t matter to me if they hit the like button on some post I made. Your land and people play a huge part in their end times story, but they don’t support and protect it for the character of the people or out of love for its inhabitants. That would be a big deal for me if I was Jewish, albeit I’d take the help in a pragmatic way because why would I give a fuck?

I’d just always remember they think I’m deluded and blind to the truth and will burn in hell, because behind any superficial cordiality, that’s what they do think at the end of the day. Those Christians you’ve known forever think I really love Todd, I wish he’d convert and not condemn himself and his family to eternal damnation. They’ll be too polite to say it, and why would you care what they really think? I get that, but it wouldn’t be something I ever forget. I don’t know Jewish thought enough to know what your opinion is of Christians. I don’t know if you think that they’re necessarily damned. They think you are certainly damned if you remain a Jew.

95% of Christians are fake so it wouldn’t bother me either if I were you. I’m a people watcher and I read Facebook like I’m sitting in a cafe watching people walk by. It always amazes me the disconnect. They’ll put some Jesus stuff right below some narcissistic post, right above some post of their four kids by three dads, down the page from some rant against an ex or some shit on haters, and I just think if Jesus had the ability to pick people to represent his brand, you’d be the last motherfucker in the world he’d pick. Like being 300lbs and selling health food shit for some multi-level company. I don’t comment. I just take it in and think how fucked up culture has become. The other 5% though are the only people in the world I know who would have my back in any situation for the right reasons. It’s just such a small minority at this point in time.

there are a _lot_ of progressive christians, primarily on both coasts, who find solace in religion but reject conservative doctrine.

but they are grossly outnumbered by right wing rubes.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i would assume that a large number of self-identified christians believe, correctly, that jesus never actually existed.

Load Metric
    You can call yourself whatever you want. There is all kinds of aspects of the Bible that are open to interpretation to the point you could fall on either side of the political spectrum. You can run with Jesus’s charity and end up way left. You can go Old Testament and cheer on war and wrap shit around your beliefs. That Jews either convert or are damned isn’t open to interpretation. Non-Christians don’t go to heaven. That they’re Jews is irrelevant. Garden-variety honkies have the same fate if they’re not Christians. Whether you’re a liberal Christian or fire-brimmed Pentecostal in Alabama, being Christian is required.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    16 pages for "blake are you jewish" is amazing
    BUT ARE YOU?

Comments

OSA: why are you still here? you got clowned by a 17 page thread.

blake: asking the tough questions

Load Metric
    so was devidee shadow banned after this thread, or did his saying he didn't hate jews push him to retirement?

to be clear, i'm not complaining

Load Metric
    i would assume that a large number of self-identified christians believe, correctly, that jesus never actually existed.
    What do you base this speculation on? How could they believe enough to call themselves “Christian”, without believing that a biblically discussed man Jesus lived 2000 years ago or so while also being the Son of God? They may not actually believe that he was just a very moral man who wasn’t resurrected, nor ascended to Heaven (which would technically make them closeted non-believers), but the jump to a “large number” of them believing that Jesus of Nazareth didn’t exist is a bridge too for even self-identified Christians and is story propagated by some fringe atheists who are pushing the narrative that his existence was pure myth.

Comments

dwai: drive directly off a cliff please
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    thats wild stuff, what AM radio show do you listen to that gives you such insights into the average Christian?
    I know this is hard to believe, given that Christianity is by far the dominant religion in the US, but I happen to personally know a lot of Christians, and also read a lot of material online posted by Christians.

Are you doubting my assertions?

Do you honestly believe that the average 2020 Christian in the US prefers a Christian leftist over a right wing Jew?
    You must have neglected to read up on published political demographics of self-identified American Christian. Because the data shows that only a little over 1/3 of them identify as “conservative”.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...ical-ideology/

Name:  52A207AC-1573-47EE-A531-555FDE16A756.png
Views: 269
Size:  343.5 KB

But don’t let facts get in the way of your insightful pontifacting on the matter. Please. Share with us more of your insights based on your broad personal experience in that realm.

Comments

dwai: drive directly off a cliff please
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    What do you base this speculation on? How could they believe enough to call themselves “Christian”, without believing that a biblically discussed man Jesus lived 2000 years ago or so while also being the Son of God? They may not actually believe that he was just a very moral man who wasn’t resurrected, nor ascended to Heaven (which would technically make them closeted non-believers), but the jump to a “large number” of them believing that Jesus of Nazareth didn’t exist is a bridge too for even self-identified Christians and is story propagated by some fringe atheists who are pushing the narrative that his existence was pure myth.

just a guess. but a large number of self-identified christians don't believe in the resurrection and don't believe in the bible; i.e., "christians" don't believe that jesus is god. it's not a stretch for these "christians" to not believe he ever existed. after all, if they don't think the biblical jesus existed, who are they worshipping? just some guy named jesus? (very common name for the time btw).

do you identify as christian? it's interesting to me that you push back on this.

Load Metric

just a guess. but a large number of self-identified christians don't believe in the resurrection and don't believe in the bible; i.e., "christians" don't believe that jesus is god. it's not a stretch for these "christians" to not believe he ever existed. after all, if they don't think the biblical jesus existed, who are they worshipping? just some guy named jesus? (very common name for the time btw).

do you identify as christian? it's interesting to me that you push back on this.

I think you are way off base here Blake.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I know this is hard to believe, given that Christianity is by far the dominant religion in the US, but I happen to personally know a lot of Christians, and also read a lot of material online posted by Christians.

Are you doubting my assertions?

Do you honestly believe that the average 2020 Christian in the US prefers a Christian leftist over a right wing Jew?
    You must have neglected to read up on published political demographics of self-identified American Christian. Because the data shows that only a little over 1/3 of them identify as “conservative”.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...ical-ideology/

Name:  52A207AC-1573-47EE-A531-555FDE16A756.png
Views: 269
Size:  343.5 KB

But don’t let facts get in the way of your insightful pontifacting on the matter. Please. Share with us more of your insights based on your broad personal experience in that realm.
    This is because many self-identified "Christians" are not particularly observant. The ones who actually go to church and make Christianity a part of their life skew very much conservative these days.

Almost every observant Christian I personally know is right wing. Small sample size, yes, but the 24% "liberal" falls big time if you take out the non-religious ones.

Also, if you just take white Christians, it's especially skewed conservative.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

maybe i shouldn't be using the term "self-identified christians."

i am thinking about it this way -- there's an awful lot of people that would call themselves "jews" that don't even believe in god. that always sounded weird to me as i thought a belief in god was kind of a prerequisite to being jewish.

i'm thinking there's a lot of "christians" that are the same way. they're born to christian parents but never go to church and don't necessarily believe in anything.

i'm 100% certain there are lots of people on this website that meet this description.

still, even though they may be agnostic or atheist, if you asked what religion they belong to, they would probably say christian as that's what they were born into.

not sure how i got started with this topic but ok.

Load Metric

i am thinking about it this way -- there's an awful lot of people that would call themselves "jews" that don't even believe in god. that always sounded weird to me as i thought a belief in god was kind of a prerequisite to being jewish.

i'm thinking there's a lot of "christians" that are the same way. they're born to christian parents but never go to church and don't necessarily believe in anything.

i'm 100% certain there are lots of people on this website that meet this description.

still, even though they may be agnostic or atheist, if you asked what religion they belong to, they would probably say christian as that's what they were born into.

I think I get your point, for many it is really just another ethnicity?

Comments

blake: correct

Load Metric
    blake is literally the worst for keeping this going

Comments

blake: can't won't

Load Metric
    bump
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Ummm, yeah. Those people usually would identify themselves as “agnostic” or “atheist”. Big difference.

And in response to Tellatard’s bid to consider them an “ethnicity”: Uhhh... No. And even if you stretch the definition to consider religious affiliation as an ethnic category, Once-raised-Christians-who-no-longer-believe wouldn’t be considered “Christian”; they are “Not affiliated”.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    atheist, agnostic and god fearing Jews on both sides of the political spectrum love playing with semantics instead of just comprehending what someone is trying to say

Load Metric
    Did we get answers that Blake is Jewish or that Devidee is an anti-Semite???

Load Metric
    Hope the owls survive this.
    Chaps neighborhood I think

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...ium%3Dsharebar
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

I do NOT identify as Christian. I’m an atheist. I was raised Roman Catholic, but stopped believing in supernatural things sometime in my early teens. So that pretty much rules out identifying with any type of Abrahamic religion. I looked into Buddhism for a bit, but came to the conclusion that it strictly relied upon some supernatural beliefs even if some varieties don’t include belief in a deity.

So, to put simply, I identify as a secular humanist. But I’m not a fanboy of militant atheism, as I believe that it is simply too emotional difficult for most people to altogether abandon belief in something supernatural, even if they can’t describe its nature like traditional religions do.

Does that answer your question?

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: enjoy hell, witch

Load Metric
    somehow this thread got even worse

Thread Information