Thread: High stakes cash pro Kym Lim folds quads, Twitter goes crazy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

High stakes cash pro Kym Lim folds quads, Twitter goes crazy

Yes, I know this is posted in backwards order (aside from the last one), but it actually makes most sense reading it this way, so there ya go.

What do I think?

Yes, I believe the hand happened as she stated. Preflop I understand the flat because people were so deep. On the flop, I understand the check-around, though it's keeping the pot smaller, which you don't want at this point. Yes, may would suspect she has AQ here (due to the flat pre), but there's also two diamond out there, and a bet on the flop might actually trick people into thinking she didn't flop a monster.

As played, I don't understand the turn check around. At this point you have to fire. Maybe you'll get lucky and run into AA, 88, Q8, or A8, or a flush, and they won't want to lay it down (especially by the fish, who could have any of these except the AA).

River I agree with her play. The regular isn't making it $43k more unless he has a super-sick read or he has it. I have to say it's most likely he has it (Jd9d or JdKd), and knows AA/QQ/AQ might have a hard time laying the hand down. This is also why betting the earlier streets is helpful, as it might give you more of a clue as to what they really have (or force them off and never let them get there on the river).

But I'm not a high stakes cash NL player, so what do I know?

LOL at the low limit trolls on Twitter saying that she's playing with daddy's money.

Here is Kym Lim, who I believe is age 33:

Load Metric
    She should just quit poker if she's gonna lay that down to that bet in that spot.

Comments

zealanddonk: Phil Helmuth soul read for the win
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I understand the pre-flop limp, but I’m reraising with those Queens 100% of the time. I’m not that good at no limit and play “better before the flop”, and I absolutely hate it when comes in behind me with position cheap. Agree with Druff that you got to bet the turn and start getting some money in the pot.

Her analysis is probably correct that her hand is no good. There’s no chance he has AA. He would have reraised pre-flop. I don’t think I could make this fold myself, but a huge factor would be my bankroll. If it’s $200,000, I might call, if it’s pretty much going to put me out of action, I’m likely to fold. This is exactly why I don’t play anything higher than 2/5 anymore.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

As played, I don't understand the turn check around. At this point you have to fire. Maybe you'll get lucky and run into AA, 88, Q8, or A8, or a flush, and they won't want to lay it down (especially by the fish, who could have any of these except the AA).
    I dont think I'd feel lucky if there were 5 queens in the deck.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Can't really argue with the river play - against a solid reg the third nuts isn't good here - but of course getting in money on the flop and turn is much better. Devilfish once correctly folded quads to a straight flush but he was playing PLO.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    kiss...Flop a Monster Quads,,I come out betting..who bets quads? then you have a better grip on the hand. Cannot check Flop and turn for sure..IMO. Had to foldas played.-

Load Metric
    Only two things would strike me as possible...

1) He has the straight flush and it paid off, went runner runner but dayyyyyym she hit and cheap! In that case good fold and what a catch for him.

2)She has him beat (he may even have "something" but he's beat) but he says crap I really want that 200 + 6800 so what the hell. Ill call 21k and add 42k on top?

Maybe it's me and maybe I don't have the balls to bluff to that degree and would gladly eat the 6800+ but logically that move makes no senses unless we believe #1) happened. I mean wasn't the 6800 on the 1500 just to see if you could steal it and you got your hand caught?

Maybe I'm old and scared now but if that is the way this guy plays to steal pots, hats off to him, he either has very good nights or very short ones.

Good fold imo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lol @ folding on river after making that 4 bet river play and having so much money in pot

lol @ both parties checking flop and turn..especially kym sum.

lol @ kym chi yum not taking control of the hand at anytime...pre, flop and turn.

lol @ some pros/wanna be pros saying she did the right thing

Comments

Hockey Guy: Exactly this.

Jayjami: Good take
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information