Thread: Two celebrity deaths: Marie Fredriksson (Roxette) and Philip McKeon (Alice)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Two celebrity deaths: Marie Fredriksson (Roxette) and Philip McKeon (Alice)

Two celebrities kicked the bucket today, both rather early in life. One was a surprise, the other wasn't so much.

Marie Fredriksson was part of the Swedish group Roxette, which found a lot of success in the late '80s and early '90s. Their biggest hit was "Listen to Your Heart", which was featured prominently in Pretty Woman, but they also had various other hits around the time, such as "The Look", "Joyride", "Dangerous", and "Dressed for Success".

Unfortunately for Fredriksson, she was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2002, and she toughed out 17 years with it, including a portion of time when it appeared she was cured. The disease ultimately ended up killing her, but it's pretty impressive she lasted so long. She was 61 years old, and was well regarded within the industry as both talented and a nice person.

Philip McKeon played Tommy on the '70s/'80s TV show "Alice". He was the slightly older brother of "Facts of Life" star Nancy McKeon.

He died at age 55. It is unclear what killed him, and he was not publicly known to be sick, but his family said he had a "long illness". Only two of the original cast of "Alice" remain, with Linda Lavin (Alice) and Polly Holliday (Flo) both being 82. McKeon actually wasn't the first choice. The original Tommy was the same kid who played the character in the movie from which the show was loosely based (Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore), but network brass didn't care for that kid, so he was replaced after the pilot with McKeon.

Load Metric
    Every now and then you see an episode of Alice on cable and fuck, Tommy was annoying. I am not happy he is dead personally but glad his character will never be revived ever.

Another bit character that was terrible was Lionel from the Jeffersons. He had no business being on the show either.

There was also that little dwarfy kid from the Brady Bunch with the glasses everyone hated.

Hollywood can't leave anything alone.

Load Metric

Unhappy

RIP

Load Metric
    Alice? What the fuck is Alice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Nice movie with Kris Kristofferson and Ellen Burstyn. Burstyn won an Oscar for Best Actress for her role in "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" in 1974.

Weak tv show that I watched before I got cable and then never again.

Ellen Burstyn is still with us at age 87.

Name:  248_v9_bb.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  368.0 KB

Thread Information