Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cenk Ugyur is running for Katie Hill's vacated Congressional seat -- but he has his own skeletons

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Cenk Ugyur is running for Katie Hill's vacated Congressional seat -- but he has his own skeletons

I always found The Young Turks to be awful. It's not because I disagree with their politics (which I do), but the whole show is just terrible in all ways. Cenk Ugyur comes off as an asshole, Anna Kasparian is bitchy, humorless, and unlikable, and the various parade of beta male contributors are cringeworthy. On the flip side, I can watch John Oliver and admit that he's funny and does a good job, even if I disagree with most of what he says.

Anyway, Cenk is attempting to run for Congress to fill the seat vacated by Katie Hill, who resigned a few months ago after a sex scandal.

First off, Cenk is a carpetbagger. He has no real ties to California District 25, which includes a weird gerrymandered area with Simi Valley, Newhall, and Palmdale. It's a straight-down-the-middle swing district, with no inherent advantage for Republicans or Democrats at the moment.

Democrats already fear that the carpetbagger label itself will turn off a lot of local residents.

Anyway, his bigger problem is that some old blog posts from the early 2000s were unearthed where he made lots of perverted and degrading comments about women, including expressing the belief that women are genetically flawed because their sex drives are too low:

Quote Originally Posted by Cenk Ugyur
    Obviously, the genes of women are flawed. They are poorly designed creatures who do not want to have sex nearly as often as needed for the human race to get along peaceably and fruitfully.
    Here's an article from The Wrap going over the various stuff he wrote back then: https://www.thewrap.com/young-turks-...-women-flawed/

While these blogs were written from 2000-2003, he can't claim youthful indiscretions. Cenk was in his 30s when he wrote this stuff. He also wrote about getting drunk and feeling 23 different women's breasts while in New Orleans. (It's not clear if he just grabbed them, or if the women let him touch them.)

A buddy he traveled with at the time also blogged about how they saw teenage girls on the street, and how they felt the girls were "future sluts". Lovely, huh?

Just in case you think Cenk is a changed man, here's some less-offensive but still very telling tweets he wrote in 2013:

Here's the blog where he complained about the women being genetically flawed, and how he loved the tits he saw in Miami: https://web.archive.org/web/20020607.../newpage41.htm

Notice he still had the obsession with tits in Miami, 13 years later.

None of this stuff is terrible, and in general I don't like judging candidates based upon stuff they wrote online 10+ years ago (or when they were very young), when there was also a different standard for what was considered appropriate.

Still, this is dragging Cenk down, and some Democrats fear they will lose the district back to Republicans if he ends up winning the primary.

Load Metric
    Cenk is also on record saying that fucking animals should be legal as long as the animal busts a nut.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Cenk is also on record saying that fucking animals should be legal as long as the animal busts a nut.
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/28/c...ze-bestiality/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    What does the primary have to do with hot Miami women? Do you think swing voters will take offense to hot women? I guess I don't understand your point about him winning the primary.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    What does the primary have to do with hot Miami women? Do you think swing voters will take offense to hot women? I guess I don't understand your point about him winning the primary.
    It's the entire picture. If he just tweeted in 2013 about "improbable breasts and butts" in Miami, nobody would care.

It's all the other "perverted guy who sees women as sex objects" blogs from the early 2000s which will turn off certain voters, especially women.

He also has the carpetbagger status which could be problematic, as well.

Load Metric
    Druff, please give me props for holding off making a thread on this topic so that you (as I privately predicted) would soon enough do so. (You’re welcome!)

Name:  A566C4C9-6642-43EA-BAC6-58EFBB6045C2.gif
Views: 789
Size:  885.8 KB

Comments

dwai: die already
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Oh yeah and Ben Shapiro comes off better than "bitchy, humorless, and unlikable"
    That is more of a discrimination of Laura Ingram,

FTR TYT are progressives, so they want you all to have health care, so yeah she is awful for you people.

Anyone who wants to talk shit about how old "No Malarkey"
    wtf he using terms like carpetbagger, now? (over and over, like it was his word of the day)
    You bringing terms from the 1850's back?

and I hardly consider a district that was Red 20 straight years and 1 blue for one as a " It's a straight-down-the-middle swing district, with no inherent advantage for Republicans or Democrats at the moment."

left A sex Scandal? more like bullied by misogynists at "Red State" and her husband. Same thing wouldn't have happened to a man.

this post is just trash,
    between Fox "news" and his new favorite "Red State", Druff has literally no objectivity left.
    His posts should be considered (like Hannity), just opinion, not for news consumption.

Comments

dwai: omg you are awful blind af typical liberal trash n-word lover

MumblesBadly: A lot of truth here.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Oh yeah and Ben Shapiro comes off better than "bitchy, humorless, and unlikable"

FTR TYT are progressives, so they want you all to have health care, so yeah she is awful for you people.

wtf he using terms like carpetbagger, now? (over and over, like it was his word of the day)

and I hardly consider a district that was Red 20 straight years and 1 blue for one as a " It's a straight-down-the-middle swing district, with no inherent advantage for Republicans or Democrats at the moment."

left A sex Scandal? more like bullied by misogynists at "Red State" and her husband. Same thing wouldn't have happened to a man.

this post is just trash,
    between Fox "news" and his new favorite "Red State", Druff has literally no objectivity left.
    His posts should be considered (like Hannity), just opinion, not for news consumption.
    Hate to tell you, Jimmy, but it's your own fellow Democrats criticizing Cenk for this Congressional run -- far more than anything he's getting from the right at the moment. Oh, and that criticism is coming from the far left, not the center-left.

They think Cenk is a misogynist.

I don't know if he is. He might just be a pervert. But this type of shit isn't a good look for a guy who became famous for being a politically correct left wing talk show host.

The Los Angeles Democratic Party says that Cenk "does not belong in Congress".

If I were in that district, I would be much more concerned about Cenk being an outsider (yes, a carpetbagger) who clearly doesn't give a shit about the area, and won't do anything for them. If your Congressperson isn't actively fighting for the interests of their district, they aren't doing their job. Unfortunately, some areas get screwed when a carpetbagger comes in, wins the election, and only concerns themselves with federal-level issues. Cenk doesn't give one shit about Santa Clarita/Palmdale/Simi Valley. He's doing this for his own ego.

Ana Kasparian is very unlikable. That's a fact. It's not because she's an opinionated or assertive woman. For example, I don't agree at all with Rachel Maddow, and she's very assertive/opinionated, but I'll concede that she's at least somewhat likable. Ana Kasparian just comes off as a bitch. Cenk comes off as an arrogant jerk. The points they raise are often very weak or incredibly flawed, and they will obsess over stupid minutiae. The whole show just sucks. I find it unwatchable.

Load Metric
    Gonna have to visit Miami some day. (.)(.)
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

this post is just trash,
    It certainly is, and who you calling YOU PEOPLE?

Has this guy gotten worse or has he always been this bad?

Comments

dwai: his avatar is colin kaepernick ffs what do you think

Load Metric
    The Dems who are attacking Cenk Uygar are primarily the ones who are corrupted by corporate contributions, such as California’s senior senator, Diane Feinstein, one of the most economically conservative Dems around.

Comments

dwai: SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT BITCH
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    the misogynistic shit he wrote and the pro bestiality sentiments he expressed have actually made me dislike him substantially less than I did before

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles is mesmerized by both Elizabeth Warren and Cenk Ugyur.

His wet dream would be Rep Ugyur serving under President Warren.

What a nightmare that would be for the rest of us.

Comments

dwai: he really is a guilty white feminist faggot piece of shit

Load Metric
    Mumbles is mesmerized by both Elizabeth Warren and Cenk Ugyur.

His wet dream would be Rep Ugyur serving under President Warren.

What a nightmare that would be for the rest of us.
    I would love to see Cenk Uygar as an elected member of the House give a speech on the floor the denouncing the corruption of House members who take outsized corporate contributions, including members of the Dem Party.

Comments

dwai: get AIDS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Look, the entire electoral process needs to be vetted. Every individual seeking office, a position of power, needs to be background checked. Unfortunate but true. This Turk appears to be flawed. Granted.
    The rules that apply to him should apply to all including the top rung

Load Metric
    Your choice in this congressional district appears to be between Maxine Waters and a stalker.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/omar-...B9A5UTIFNAX9yy

Load Metric
    Bernie Sanders has endorsed Cenk Uygur.

Name:  C84042C3-BD69-4E57-BAAE-A81C489B23E8.png
Views: 559
Size:  774.1 KB

Name:  12DFA8CE-9D4B-4327-8997-30597ABC8E80.png
Views: 551
Size:  890.7 KB

Comments

dwai: DRIVE YOUR TRUCK INTO A LAKE

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A Bernie endorsement will probably hurt, not help, Cenk's chances in a purple district like CA-25.

Load Metric
    A Bernie endorsement will probably hurt, not help, Cenk's chances in a purple district like CA-25.
    The Antelope Valley is much more conservative than LA, but has a growing Hispanic population. The endorsement will help him in the northern San Fernando Valley but not out in Palmdale. His best bet is to convince people he is actually of Mexican ancestry! Ie., pull a Pocahontas. The district is 35% Hispanic and 45% white.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    The Antelope Valley is much more conservative than LA, but has a growing Hispanic population. The endorsement will help him in the northern San Fernando Valley but not out in Palmdale. His best bet is to convince people he is actually of Mexican ancestry! Ie., pull a Pocahontas. The district is 35% Hispanic and 45% white.
    This is the candidate the Dem Party establishment is backing in the upcoming primary. And her base of support is in Simi Valley.

Name:  AE389341-D90E-415E-A695-BB43E1A15788.jpeg
Views: 480
Size:  29.5 KB

Are you saying that Hispanics are going to get behind her lily-white face versus a darker skinned guy who has repeatedly publicly railed against institutional racism in America???

Comments

dwai: take a shower dirtbag

Thread Information