I always found The Young Turks to be awful. It's not because I disagree with their politics (which I do), but the whole show is just terrible in all ways. Cenk Ugyur comes off as an asshole, Anna Kasparian is bitchy, humorless, and unlikable, and the various parade of beta male contributors are cringeworthy. On the flip side, I can watch John Oliver and admit that he's funny and does a good job, even if I disagree with most of what he says.

Anyway, Cenk is attempting to run for Congress to fill the seat vacated by Katie Hill, who resigned a few months ago after a sex scandal.

First off, Cenk is a carpetbagger. He has no real ties to California District 25, which includes a weird gerrymandered area with Simi Valley, Newhall, and Palmdale. It's a straight-down-the-middle swing district, with no inherent advantage for Republicans or Democrats at the moment.

Democrats already fear that the carpetbagger label itself will turn off a lot of local residents.

Anyway, his bigger problem is that some old blog posts from the early 2000s were unearthed where he made lots of perverted and degrading comments about women, including expressing the belief that women are genetically flawed because their sex drives are too low:

Quote Originally Posted by Cenk Ugyur
Obviously, the genes of women are flawed. They are poorly designed creatures who do not want to have sex nearly as often as needed for the human race to get along peaceably and fruitfully.
Here's an article from The Wrap going over the various stuff he wrote back then: https://www.thewrap.com/young-turks-...-women-flawed/

While these blogs were written from 2000-2003, he can't claim youthful indiscretions. Cenk was in his 30s when he wrote this stuff. He also wrote about getting drunk and feeling 23 different women's breasts while in New Orleans. (It's not clear if he just grabbed them, or if the women let him touch them.)

A buddy he traveled with at the time also blogged about how they saw teenage girls on the street, and how they felt the girls were "future sluts". Lovely, huh?

Just in case you think Cenk is a changed man, here's some less-offensive but still very telling tweets he wrote in 2013:

Here's the blog where he complained about the women being genetically flawed, and how he loved the tits he saw in Miami: https://web.archive.org/web/20020607.../newpage41.htm

Notice he still had the obsession with tits in Miami, 13 years later.

None of this stuff is terrible, and in general I don't like judging candidates based upon stuff they wrote online 10+ years ago (or when they were very young), when there was also a different standard for what was considered appropriate.

Still, this is dragging Cenk down, and some Democrats fear they will lose the district back to Republicans if he ends up winning the primary.