Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cenk Ugyur is running for Katie Hill's vacated Congressional seat -- but he has his own skeletons

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Cenk isn't going to bring anything into the district except his own ego and his bulging eyes to stare at women with big tits.

This whole thing is just a vanity project or a ste, and you're extremely naive if you think he's going to spend any time focusing upon local interests. At least he's born in Turkey so he can't attempt to become President.
    American presidents are famously not vain at all
    You're not from the US, but a big problem here occurs when Congresspeople come from out of the area, don't care about the local district, and run either as a vanity project or a stepping stone to higher office.

The local area gets screwed when this happens, as they count on their local Congressperson to represent their interests.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

American presidents are famously not vain at all
    You're not from the US, but a big problem here occurs when Congresspeople come from out of the area, don't care about the local district, and run either as a vanity project or a stepping stone to higher office.

The local area gets screwed when this happens, as they count on their local Congressperson to represent their interests.
    Oh, you mean like John McCain, who moved from Florida to Arizona in the 1980s in order to run for Congress in a district in which a long-time incumbent was retiring?

Oh, and Dick Cheney, who was a longtime resident of Texas in the years leading up to 2000 when George W. Bush took him on to vet VP picks for him after he locked up the GOP nomination, but Cheney instead moved his legal domicile to Wyoming in order to be able to qualify as being from a different state than the presidential candidate on the same ticket.

Yeah, they were total carpetbaggers!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Cenk has over 2200 volunteers working on his campaign. And one of his opponents has dropped out and endorsed Cenk.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Cenk the union buster

Load Metric

Cenk the union buster
    Why does Crowder repeatedly call Cenk Uygar “CHenk WEE-ger”? Is that part of his shtick? Because he actually pronounced Cenk’s first name correctly at one point (“Jenk”), then goes back to mispronouncing it.

Also, gotta love Crowder’s clever conflating big businesses with small ones, and his vacuous “unions served a purpose at one time” argument.

But, if true, this is a blind spot for Uygar. And it’s a valid reason for Crowder to “crow” about the matter. But if Crowder’s reporting is slanted, perhaps he should get a new logo for his show and people should call it “Low-der with Crow-der”.

Name:  3E455AF2-4B9D-4B45-85A2-ABAFF8250274.jpeg
Views: 457
Size:  60.0 KB

Because it’s curious that this particular union also supports Cenk’s main opponent in this Dem primary.

More from that twitter thread.

Name:  381EF304-47D1-417F-A453-110400DE5B92.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  219.5 KB

Name:  A1B38813-D309-4E42-A7CE-222A1ED33671.jpeg
Views: 442
Size:  211.6 KB

Name:  0CBFB85D-D0A6-48B9-9455-97AE3FE9D6A8.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  176.3 KB

Name:  65DA58BD-C065-4B8F-9480-07BCB7B70F57.jpeg
Views: 413
Size:  64.4 KB

And speaking to Crowder disingenuously conflating small and big businesses...

Good try, Druff. But your failure to research this matter more rigorously than posting this comedian’s slanted take on the matter has shown again how you simply parrot right wing propaganda.

Load Metric
    still not reading mumbles’ posts but Uygur admitted the report that he told the staff at TYT not to unionize is true, saying a “unionized workforce would bring new legal and bureaucratic coats that TYT can’t sustain.”

lol mumbles

Comments

MumblesBadly: The issue ignored by Uygur haters is whether a majority of the union-eligible employers want to have that union, or anyone in particular, represent them. But the union trying to set up shop there doesn’t have a majority of support.

Load Metric
    So you waste more time than you do on Fox "news"/Hannity, by watching another SETHRICHer?

A Trump guy asked me how I know what is fake or not, (after trying to show me a Charlie Kirk video)
    I said I don;t, I believe everyone, but you aren't going to get me twice,
    you RW trump fans, why do you get news from people who have straight up lied to you?
    is just baffling to me. Is it just so you don't have to face the fact that Trump lies?

Cenk the union buster
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not going to answer Jimmy's usual Trump Derangement Syndrome post which manages to seep into EVERY POST HE MAKES on this forum. This isn't about Trump. It's about Cenk Uygur.

Mumbles, I will admit I didn't research this Cenk situation. I just posted the video. To Crowder's credit, he does mention at the beginning that some of the accusers are on the other side of a political race against him, but he "doesn't care". This is because Crowder has a long-running feud with Cenk and just enjoys bashing him.

I knew there was likely more to the story. Maybe I'll look into it later, maybe I won't. However, you taking TYT's statement on the matter as gospel is equally problematic as taking Crowder's assessment as a full explanation.

Comments

dwai: it's pretty obvious he's a fucking beaner or n-word

Load Metric
    Look at the diseases we get from eating animals, I can’t imagine what’s going to happen when we regularly fuck them.

Load Metric
    Not going to answer Jimmy's usual Trump Derangement Syndrome post which manages to seep into EVERY POST HE MAKES on this forum. This isn't about Trump. It's about Cenk Uygur.

Mumbles, I will admit I didn't research this Cenk situation. I just posted the video. To Crowder's credit, he does mention at the beginning that some of the accusers are on the other side of a political race against him, but he "doesn't care". This is because Crowder has a long-running feud with Cenk and just enjoys bashing him.

I knew there was likely more to the story. Maybe I'll look into it later, maybe I won't. However, you taking TYT's statement on the matter as gospel is equally problematic as taking Crowder's assessment as a full explanation.
    Find me a tweet from the twitter account for the union organizers at TYT, @TYTunion, where they say they have accepted TYT’s offer to have a secret ballot, and preferably one that also doesn’t include management employees and is independently run, instead of using a “card check” and I’ll agree that TYT’s responses would be questionable.

Load Metric
    this turkey is getting smoked

Load Metric
    well, cenk is getting annihilated.

there is literally nothing that mumbles touches that does well.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I guess the voters there prefer the yoke of the plutocracy that the corrupt establishment politicians do the bidding of.

dwai: sonatine "touches" a lot of the same things

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    well, cenk is getting annihilated.

there is literally nothing that mumbles touches that does well.
    Darn! Would have loved to see Cenk on the floor of the House calling out the establishment Dems out for their corrupt fealty to corporate and wealthy donors. Oh, well...

Load Metric
    Wait, we're allowed to start threads about people who get 5% in congressional districts now?

Comments

blake: lol

Load Metric
    LOL, Trump Derangement Syndrome? You Fox "news" guys don't even think for yourselves anymore.

What is deranged about me not wanting a criminal in the white house? FTR (I'd be rooting for him if he was on Mott Street or something, not in the WH)

Well it didn't go good for Cenk, but don't think tying your name to Trump will work, either
    Papdaupalis did worse than him.

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Frequent Young Turks contributor Michael Brooks died on July 20 at the age of 36. Unlike most deaths at that age, it was not due to an accident, violence, or drugs.

Brooks just got really really unlucky, had a sudden blood clot in his throat, and it killed him. While I know that COVID-19 deaths are sometimes due to blood clots, it's not reported that he was COVID-19 positive.

Anyway, I didn't agree with the guy's politics at all, but it's sad when someone that young gets struck down through no fault of their own.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Well said.

Load Metric
    BUMP

Frequent Young Turks contributor Michael Brooks died on July 20 at the age of 36. Unlike most deaths at that age, it was not due to an accident, violence, or drugs.

Brooks just got really really unlucky, had a sudden blood clot in his throat, and it killed him. While I know that COVID-19 deaths are sometimes due to blood clots, it's not reported that he was COVID-19 positive.

Anyway, I didn't agree with the guy's politics at all, but it's sad when someone that young gets struck down through no fault of their own.
    Krystal Ball, co-host of The Hill’s “Rising” show, paid him a great tribute that is IMO worth watching regardless of someone political bent:

Thread Information