Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleanest Public Restrooms

Load Metric

Cleanest Public Restrooms

1) The Container Store

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As I have mentioned before I did a short stint as an Uber driver a few years back, and in that profession clean public restrooms is a pretty big concern. I always found Trader Joes a pretty solid option, and it got to the point where I knew the Trader Joes go to in most neighborhoods that were big Uber spots. Also, if you are around a nice hotel and can find parking, they can be pretty solid options for a nice, clean quiet restroom.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: trader joe's john rep

Load Metric
    Agreed re nice hotels, but for the sake of the discussion would like to limit the scope to just stores, restaurants, etc.

Load Metric
    Oh and if the restroom isn’t a closed door single bathroom, then i’m not interested. No stalls please.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Back of the high limit slots room. (almost always closed door single)

Load Metric
    Wrigley Field

Name:  Wrigley-Field-troughs.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  151.1 KB

these aren't sinks
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 12-03-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Semi-related:

I find the greatest need for public restrooms during long drives. Here is my preference regarding where to stop, from best to worst:

1) Fast food. Restrooms are usually reasonably clean, and nobody ever questions that you're just there to use the bathroom and leave. Parking is always very easy, too.

2) Chain hotels. Almost always a clean restroom in the lobby (usually better than fast food, in fact), and nobody questions whether you're a guest or not. Still can be a bit awkward if it's not busy, and the front desk person sees you just walk in with no luggage and head for the bathroom, so #1 still preferable.

3) Highway rest stop. Bathrooms usually aren't terrible, and it's meant exactly for this purpose.

4) Gas station. Bathrooms tend to be gross, but usually you can use these without trouble. Sometimes you have to ask for a key, but I just park at a pump to make it look like I'm getting gas if that's the case. I prefer gas stations with an AM/PM or similar attached, as those bathrooms tend to be both better and more accessible without a key.

5) Supermarket. Bathrooms are usually available, but are often difficult to find, plus you end up doing a lot more walking, both in the parking lot and within the market itself. Usually you have to ask someone where it is, too.

6) Lower-end sit down chain restaurant, such as Denny's. The problem is that you have the awkward moment with the hostess asking if you want a table. I tend to just walk in and pretend I'm looking for someone already there, and then just make my way to the bathroom.

7) Deserted offramp. There's always the option to piss into a tumbleweed and go on your merry way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    4) Gas station. Bathrooms tend to be gross, but usually you can use these without trouble. Sometimes you have to ask for a key, but I just park at a pump to make it look like I'm getting gas if that's the case. I prefer gas stations with an AM/PM or similar attached, as those bathrooms tend to be both better and more accessible without a key.
    Gas station bathrooms are definitely the worst.

Load Metric
    Semi-related:

I find the greatest need for public restrooms during long drives. Here is my preference regarding where to stop, from best to worst:

1) Fast food. Restrooms are usually reasonably clean, and nobody ever questions that you're just there to use the bathroom and leave. Parking is always very easy, too.
    I am going to assume this is a joke, because the worst restrooms on the planet are at fast food places, especially McDonalds and Arbys.

When I am driving and have to take a shit I always stop at a chain hotel, like a Marriott and Hilton properties. It's not like anyone would ever question you walking in the lobby without a reservation, but if they did you simply make up you are checking it later that day.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Semi-related:

I am going to assume this is a joke, because the worst restrooms on the planet are at fast food places, especially McDonalds and Arbys.

When I am driving and have to take a shit I always stop at a chain hotel, like a Marriott and Hilton properties. It's not like anyone would ever question you walking in the lobby without a reservation, but if they did you simply make up you are checking it later that day.
    Kinda ironic a troll calling out trolling but I fully agree.

I would rather risk shitting my pants than using a fast food bathroom.

How are the bathrooms at Red lobster?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I only evaluate public restrooms when taking a shit. I have never had to take a shit at 7pm in a restaurant. Not once. In the handful of times I have been to Red Lobster I have only taken a piss. Non event.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I only evaluate public restrooms when taking a shit. I have never had to take a shit at 7pm in a restaurant. Not once. In the handful of times I have been to Red Lobster I have only taken a piss. Non event.
    Tgull,

Is plumbing work easier or harder in public settings?

Imagine that the toilets themselves are sturdier than your typical section 8 array but it can't be pleasant to be on your knees on a piss soaked floor with a wrench as people evacuate their bowels all around you.

TIA
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Tgull,

Is plumbing work easier or harder in public settings?

Imagine that the toilets themselves are sturdier than your typical section 8 array but it can't be pleasant to be on your knees on a piss soaked floor with a wrench as people evacuate their bowels all around you.

TIA
    Not only was this post not funny, you really demonstrated what an idiot you are. Keep it up failboy. What a douche.

Load Metric
    Bathroom in Trump Tower is very clean

Load Metric
    banks are usually clean

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Semi-related:

McDonald's bathrooms aren't always the cleanest, but they're rarely terrible.

Most fast food bathrooms are WAY better than gas station bathrooms, and it's not even close. They're good enough for a stop on the road. Not a bathroom I'd like to use on a daily basis, but usually fine for a stop while driving. I have noticed that McDonald's is the worst of the bunch, for whatever reason.

One reason is that people aren't at fast food places that long, so there's less of an opportunity/need to have to use the bathroom while there for the typical customer, aside from the quick piss and/or hand washing after a meal.

Anyway, yes chain hotels have nicer bathrooms, but I like the quickness and non-judgment of a fast food place for a bathroom on the road.

Load Metric
    Paper towels are a must have. Those shit blowers are a hard pass.

Also Nordstrom.

Load Metric
    This thread delivers.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

McDonald's bathrooms aren't always the cleanest, but they're rarely terrible.

Most fast food bathrooms are WAY better than gas station bathrooms, and it's not even close. They're good enough for a stop on the road. Not a bathroom I'd like to use on a daily basis, but usually fine for a stop while driving. I have noticed that McDonald's is the worst of the bunch, for whatever reason.

One reason is that people aren't at fast food places that long, so there's less of an opportunity/need to have to use the bathroom while there for the typical customer, aside from the quick piss and/or hand washing after a meal.

Anyway, yes chain hotels have nicer bathrooms, but I like the quickness and non-judgment of a fast food place for a bathroom on the road.
    Wow, what a terrible take. Fast Room restrooms? Most times I take a leak the urinal is flooded. The toilet generally is coated with splatter. A fast food dump is absolutely the last resort, like I said I am finding a hotel chain 100% of the time even if its a Quality Inn or Red Roof Inn. No, no Burger King's for me, it gives me nightmares.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Thread Information