Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Class Flights are NOT worth it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Agree that the Amex Centurion Lounge is top-top.

Regarding first class, it's more necessary for me than others because:

1) I'm taller than 97.5% of the US population.
    2) My anxiety problems of last year still remain in low-grade (and probably won't ever completely vanish), and now make flying harder. So whereas before I used to do a mixture of economy plus and first class, now I pretty much need first class.

I don't drink, so I don't derive the benefit from the alcohol. Food is better, but is overrated. Often it kinda sucks anyway, and isn't that much better than the food-for-purchase in coach.

Regarding boarding early, I used to hate it for the reasons already stated by others, but it's necessary because of the carryon faggotry where people quickly take up the overhead bin space, even in first class. I used to wait til close to the last minute to board because I prefer to be on the plane for as little time as possible, but I can't do that now.

Regarding the overall quality of first class, there is huge variance from plane to plane. Domestic US first class isn't very good, but it's still big step up from coach if you need the room (and/or it's a long flight).

International first class is WAY better. Some planes -- especially ones used for international routes -- now have the sleeper seats, which is a step above regular domestic first class. Look for "Delta One" or "United Polaris". I think American also has a similar product, but I'm not sure what it's called. If you can get it for the same price as regular first class, definitely grab it.
    Wow, always assumed that overhead space in first class was reserved solely for them. I would be livid if unpaid first class and couldn't have my bag handy.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Overhead in first class is reserved for first class, but some assholes cram so much shit in there that it still fills up sometimes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Overhead in first class is reserved for first class, but some assholes cram so much shit in there that it still fills up sometimes.
    Most wide-body planes dont let you turn left if you've gotta turn right for cattle class, so it's rarely a problem. Only in narrow-body aircraft like 737 and a320

Load Metric
    Lol at you plebs that don’t fly first class

Kidding - but I do love to fly business class when work pays for it.

Thread Information