Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Honestly black friday is just trash.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Heres the other thing he literally went to 11 party cities in search of a 3x deer costume

He came up short people

Z

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Honestly. the shit thats being offered 'for sale' is generally all absolute trash and more often than not they just list it at maybe -5% less than any other day, but make sure to show some totally fictional price next to it that they generated by adding 40% more than what they normally charge.

and none of it is very interesting.

like ok if you want a tv, sure, fuck it, black friday has you covered.

but everything else, why fuckin bother?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_So..._the_Spectacle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Normally I'd delete all this garbage and ban lol wow from the thread, but since it's yours, my heavy hands will go light and leave it alone.

I do have a comment about your OP though.

You are correct that there are a lot of BS Black Friday "deals" which are either fake-marking-down the price (by grossly inflating the "regular" price listing), or are some kind of inferior crap in the first place.

This first fully came to my attention four years ago. I needed a new laptop badly, as mine had actually died and I was limping along by sharing my girlfriend's laptop.

My plan was to wait until Black Friday, as I was only a few weeks away. However, I found the machine I wanted with HP, and they were running a sale, so it looked like I was getting a good deal. When they fucked up my order and it caused another 2 weeks delay beyond what I was already quoted, I got them to knock off like another $120 for the hassle. So now I had an even better deal.

However, now I was going to get the laptop right around Black Friday, and I feared I made a mistake. Surely the Black Friday deals would be better. I convinced myself that the extra $120 I got was probably still leaving my deal as the best.

Well, I get an e-mail that week from HP entitled "Doorbusters". That term always pisses me off when it describes online sales, because it's in relation to old school Black Friday where people would line up outside the door in the morning for the best deals, and then rush in. Online obviously can't have Doorbusters.

Anyway, I open up the e-mail, and there is my exact laptop "40% off". Except the price was about $150 higher than the price I paid before my additional $120 discount! So had I waited until Black Friday for "Doorbusters", the fake deal on my laptop would have cost me $270 more than my early-November order, and $150 even if I hadn't gotten that customer service credit.

Ever since then I have highly scrutinized Black Friday "deals"...

More next post

I have several similar experiences, but this just happened the other day. Wifey and I were looking to book a vacation at an upscale resort in Mexico. I thought wait until Black Friday and get a better deal. But this past week, we had looked at the resort website and noticed that the price of the room deal they currently had was fluctuating by the hour. On Thursday evening, the price dropped and I said to Wifey...”Fuck it, let’s take this deal and we can always cancel and re-book if a better deal shows up on Friday.” Sure enough I wake up Friday morning and get an email from the resort saying they had a “Black Friday special” with rates of 35% off. I go to the website and put in the dates we wanted to go. Sure enough the “Black Friday Special” rate was $250/night MORE than what I paid on Thursday evening. They jacked up the room rate substantially and applied some bullshit discount. And, I’m sure some suckers ate it up.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Load Metric
    ALERT i did pick up two pairs of air max 90s on friday and one i literally went into the store in palm desert where you have to walk through the macys and 9 thousand armenians testing cologne , 2nd pair got on the zon but marrone

Z

Comments

OSA: figures youd pick the 90s over the 97s or 95s
    Last edited by lol wow; 11-30-2019 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Z was missing

Load Metric
    cyber monday.. jesus christ... at amazon is an absolute dumpster fire. 70% of the products on sale for more than $100 convert your home into a dystopic surveillance petting zoo, and predictably are manufactured by amazon itself. 20% of the remaining items are tvs.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    fatotine is so proud of himself for getting dystopic right on the 5th try

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    fatotine is so proud of himself for getting dystopic right on the 5th try

quoted to demonstrate that sometimes the waddles hanging from lol wow's arms hit enter before he can add his z signature.

Load Metric
    how dare you

Load Metric
    Be sure to text

lol wow

for a free bottle

Side effects are common and include vaginal ejaculations, lump in the throat, darkened stool, darkened soul, diabeetus, virginity, gender impertinence

Comments

sonatine: incredible

Load Metric
    sorry what the fuck is this sal i did not just become a bottle service girl

Load Metric
    also story checks out this piece of shit staten island trash doesnt know what the best air maxs are

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    sorry what the fuck is this sal i did not just become a bottle service girl

i feel like you did.

Load Metric
    aaaand subprime auto loan delinquencies are off the hook but tine’s tesla will be on the hook of some repo truck at 2am

you’re driving him wow. not me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    aaaand subprime auto loan delinquencies are off the hook but tine’s tesla will be on the hook of some repo truck at 2am

Ok, I heard that story a few weeks ago; so how do we make $ off this now?

Load Metric
    bit late on the draw there.

Load Metric
    also fun fact the heart of the subprime auto loan tranches are those flyover state pickup truck loans where they extended the payment window so long you essentially pay for the whole ass new car in interest.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Ok, I heard that story a few weeks ago; so how do we make $ off this now?
    I’ve been driving distracted so I really haven’t thought about the how. (It’s common knowledge)

The loans get repackaged and offered to investers crying for any sort of return. It’s the mortgage deal again. The machine needs fresh paper weekly and they are looking at ‘tine. The process has no brakes.

Only a crash at the end of the quarter mile when the chute don’t open ends it.

The manufacturers are prolly a long term short. You see layoffs weekly. Feels solid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    also fun fact the heart of the subprime auto loan tranches are those flyover state pickup truck loans where they extended the payment window so long you essentially pay for the whole ass new car in interest.
    I admire the work here , I do. I’m just screwing around.

Seriously, it’s your landscaper and the girl who served you your meatless quarter pounder who are getting fucked. They are actually the meat, I guess.

It’s kinda sad.

Load Metric
    im totally missing something here... how is a auto loan from tesla to buy a tesla somehow worse than an auto loan from anyone else to buy any other car, except for the obvious (tesla being a better handling, safer, and more luxurious car).

like seriously their interest rates are the same as everyone elses, so i dont get it.

Thread Information