Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Honestly black friday is just trash.

Load Metric
    lol wow wears the red paper hat cause he’s management

Load Metric
    im not sure i can allow this from sal

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im totally missing something here... how is a auto loan from tesla to buy a tesla somehow worse than an auto loan from anyone else to buy any other car, except for the obvious (tesla being a better handling, safer, and more luxurious car).

like seriously their interest rates are the same as everyone elses, so i dont get it.
    I’m just stringing words together. Buuuuut. Imagine you are desperate for sales... like Tesla. aaaaand you write your own paper.

You relax your standards and put GPS in that Model Y and 3 months after the sale you take it back with some cigar chomping employee using one of them trucks and a hook welded into the bed.

You got the sale and the repo disappears somewhere in accounting.

Load Metric
    I mean your showroom is nestled between Orange Julius and Hot Dog On A Stick at the San Bernardino Mall

It could happen. You should meet our sales guy.

Load Metric
    bro i stay shopping in orange county so act right

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    im totally missing something here... how is a auto loan from tesla to buy a tesla somehow worse than an auto loan from anyone else to buy any other car, except for the obvious (tesla being a better handling, safer, and more luxurious car).

like seriously their interest rates are the same as everyone elses, so i dont get it.
    I’m just stringing words together. Buuuuut. Imagine you are desperate for sales... like Tesla. aaaaand you write your own paper.

You relax your standards and put GPS in that Model Y and 3 months after the sale you take it back with some cigar chomping employee using one of them trucks and a hook welded into the bed.

My last vehicle was bought @ 0% financing thru Ford credit. What's the difference?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

this whole /r/teslaq routine is cringe and makes me wonder if you took a bath on a short position at some point, because man o man are you committed.

also did you seriously not know that teslas come with gps built in for a hundred super obvious reasons because wowwwwwwwwww.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    im uncomfortable with seeing orange julius trotted out in this thread.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

My last vehicle was bought @ 0% financing thru Ford credit. What's the difference?
    The difference is your credit rating. We already sold to all those who can afford a car.

Now we sell to folk with poor ratings who prolly live week to week. That’s how their problems prolly started. They need wheels to get to work and will agree to 21%.

A lender resells that loan and it gets repackaged into a bond with a big delicious interest rate. California Teacbers Union buys it for their pension fund.

We need to redirect this convo back to lol wow

Load Metric
    Right hand to god I’ve never read that Reddit thread.

Boomer, amirite? Credible excuse. I just got a thing for fact checked reporting and the Danni Ashe thread always has a light on for me.

Oops Danni Ashe is Boomer land too

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

The difference is your credit rating. We already sold to all those who can afford a car.

Now we sell to folk with poor ratings who prolly live week to week. That’s how their problems prolly started. They need wheels to get to work and will agree to 21%.

A lender resells that loan and it gets repackaged into a bond with a big delicious interest rate. California Teacbers Union buys it for their pension fund.

thats part of it but the other part is that there are pickup trucks landing that cost low six figs once you get fairly standard options rolled in. the 2019 ford f-450 is base sticker price 90k.

hence the need for the longer loan period.

youre quite right about the target audience including my landscapers but seriously farmers rolling 30k of their original loan into a new credit package has already become standard.

Load Metric

thats part of it but the other part is that there are pickup trucks landing that cost low six figs once you get fairly standard options rolled in. the 2019 ford f-450 is base sticker price 90k.

hence the need for the longer loan period.

youre quite right about the target audience including my landscapers but seriously farmers rolling 30k of their original loan into a new credit package has already become standard.
    Apropos of nothing ...

In my neck of the woods “farmers plates” elicit a knowing smile and mild envy.

What was once farmland 80 years ago is now McMansion developments. However, there are holdouts who do minimal farming ... maybe they grow hay. They get property tax relief on their real estate. Prolly scamming some farm credit. reduced excise on vehicles and auto insurance

Gentleman farmers. You never go wrong with real estate. Especially if someone is helping subsidize the wait.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-01-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Load Metric
    The Bernie Sanders sticker on the back of wow’s Subaru responsible for reckless depreciation.

Lesbian transportation resale

Load Metric
    For San:

Pretty good analysis of the uptrend in USA delinquent car loans (vis a vis 2008 Financial Crisis):

https://next-media-api.ft.com/rendit...0/1280x720.mp4

Gotta agree with most of that.

Comments

sonatine: 1:55 for real

OSA: 2:21 is a dumb analogy and example but everything else is analyzed very well.

Sanlmar: Great pick

Krypt:

Load Metric
    As I said I haven’t delved into it yet. Sure is interesting.

These headlines need to be addressed.

General Motors is cutting 14,000 jobs and focusing on self-driving and electric vehicles

Daimler Plans 10,000 Layoffs Amid Auto Industry’s Electric Vehicle Pivot

Audi to Cut 9,500 Jobs to Boost Profit
    Luxury-car maker is navigating slowdown in global auto market and costly transition to electric vehicles

...and so on.

Are autos oversold? Prolly. Why the requisite electric mention? Repeatedly. Do rolling toasters require less labor or is this just a public policy excuse?

I seriously don’t have a grip.

Tesla is like the incoming Freshman class that arrives before the upperclassmen. Before the inevitable hazing and sexual abuse. That Tesla is going to have new roommates that come from wealthier families and have bad manners is beyond doubt.

Load Metric
    this is the article i referenced a hot minute ago:

https://jalopnik.com/84-month-auto-l...-yo-1825414883

good supplemental reading for that video.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    What I take away from the article is that a serious slowdown is on the horizon.

7 years. Ya know, trucks have amazing build quality now. 200k easy. I can’t afford a new one cause I’m still knee deep in my loan but I don’t need a new one either.

Trucks styles don’t age.

Same holds true for cars to a lesser degree.

They mentioned gas prices. That’s the wild card. Despite 7 speed transmissions and all that some folk are gonna send the keys to the bank.

I know a lot of kids who own big stupid trucks. They have zero need. It’s as stupid as Hummers were just before 2007. Wretched conspicuous consumption. It’s a sign post in our economic cycle.

7 years. Who the fuck know what life will be like in 7 years - especially the economy. Absolutely no one knows. Of that I am certain.

The auto short idea really merits some time. Glad we had this chat.

We really need to address cyber Monday forecast for crushing records. There is another layer beyond just good news.

Load Metric
    shut the fuck up sal

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    shut the fuck up sal
    You got it boss

Load Metric
    there was one other article that drew a line between the ford f-450 and the entire loan industry pivoting to make sure people who couldnt afford them would buy them.

like no one is going to buy a house at 12 percent but subprime borrowers are spending actual honest to god house money on those fords with 84 month loans.

the interest alone is house money in some areas.

Thread Information