Thread: HapppyThanksgiving

Load Metric

HapppyThanksgiving

To all the gobblers on this site and your relatives.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Fuck you.

Comments

jsearles22: Stop posting in every fucking thread like a manic psycho

Load Metric
    Frank is a good guy.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: tthank you bud didn't mean it in a derogatory way

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Feeling generous with the extra letter? Can we guess that you have been imbibing?

Comments

dwai: SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT BITCH
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Comments

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Feeling generous with the extra letter? Can we guess that you have been imbibing?
    What's wrong with you? What are you even talking about? Are you imagining spelling errors that aren't even there?

Happy Thanksgiving, Frank, and all the other motherfuckers still here after all these years. Even you, Mumbles.

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Classic

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I dont know why, but I had this stupid Thanksgiving song in my head today.

I remember it when I was like 10 years old and my parents (who were inherently part Yooper) would occasionally play a "Da Yoopers" album that contained this song.

Oh well... If nothing else, my 11 year old currently seems to be mildly entertained by it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

What's wrong with you? What are you even talking about? Are you imagining spelling errors that aren't even there?

Happy Thanksgiving, Frank, and all the other motherfuckers still here after all these years. Even you, Mumbles.
    Thanks Crowe. And great post of Alice’s Restaurant. I woulda greened you but I’m out of reps at the moment.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: You can rep anything you want, at Witteles's poker for'm.

Load Metric
    Had a great one. Hope everyone else did too.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This might sound trite or lame, but nowadays every day is Thanksgiving for me.

Not a day goes by that I don't feel thankful that I broke out of those terrible, debilitating psychological problems which developed in August 2018. For awhile, I really thought I would be stuck that way for life -- a combination of super-high anxiety 24/7, super severe depression, and the complete inability to feel any form of excitement, pleasure, or love. I once said to myself that I would gladly give away almost all of my money if I could just feel normal again and never have this come back. I felt I might just have to live out my final decades of life with zero joy or real quality of life. And there seemed to be nothing I could do, as it was from a physical cause which was difficult to pinpoint.

Then it started to get better, then it started to get a lot better, and now it's like 95% gone. I promised myself that, if I ever got better, I wouldn't take it for granted, and every day would be thankful that it's gone. And every day, I really do think about it, and feel both thankful and relieved.

Load Metric
    I think you were suffering from demonic possession
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Not a day goes by that I don't feel thankful that I broke out of those terrible, debilitating psychological problems which developed in August 2018. For awhile, I really thought I would be stuck that way for life -- a combination of super-high anxiety 24/7, super severe depression, and the complete inability to feel any form of excitement, pleasure, or love. I once said to myself that I would gladly give away almost all of my money if I could just feel normal again and never have this come back. I felt I might just have to live out my final decades of life with zero joy or real quality of life. And there seemed to be nothing I could do, as it was from a physical cause which was difficult to pinpoint.

Then it started to get better, then it started to get a lot better, and now it's like 95% gone. I promised myself that, if I ever got better, I wouldn't take it for granted, and every day would be thankful that it's gone. And every day, I really do think about it, and feel both thankful and relieved.
    Almost all your money was the bar you set for your life being back to normal? Sounds like you care way too much about money to me.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Anxiety subsiding really is life altering.

I frankly have no idea why mine subsided, as I didn't change anything else; had already implemented many life changes that helped somewhat, but it exponentially has just basically evaporated for me over the past three months.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: frankly rep
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Almost all your money was the bar you set for your life being back to normal? Sounds like you care way too much about money to me.
    If I had $1,000 to my name, then yes, that would be easy to give up in exchange for feeling normal.

I've grinded out my money over time -- first by working, then by playing poker -- and by being a cheap Jew. If I were to give up all or most of my money, all of that time and effort is down the drain.

More important, I have a family now, so that's also a big factor.

I thought about the hypothetical of, "What would I give up if I could go back to normal?", and money was obviously what came to mind. I thought of people who were close to broke but feeling normal, and at the time, I would have traded places with them. Obviously this wasn't any actual deal I could make, but it was just something which came to mind.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Anxiety subsiding really is life altering.

I frankly have no idea why mine subsided, as I didn't change anything else; had already implemented many life changes that helped somewhat, but it exponentially has just basically evaporated for me over the past three months.
    When did yours start?

My one advantage was that I had never experienced it prior to August 2018. That made it different from the anxiety/depression most experience, as that tends to be hereditary, and usually first appears between the ages of 13-25. That type of anxiety/depression is usually lifelong, and medication is often the only way out (though finding the right one is tough, and for some people it's not effective.)

Because my problem was new, and brought on by a physical cause, at first I had hope of it subsiding on its own. However, as it first worsened, then plateaued for 6 weeks, it started to feel like there wasn't going to be any relief from it. Furthermore, as it's rare to suddenly come down with first-time severe anxiety and depression at age 46, there were few examples of others I could follow regarding what to expect. It really was unpredictable what would happen from that point, and even my psychiatrist acknowledged that.

For me, the depression and anhedonia (which are related) lifted incredibly quickly once they started to get better. They went from very severe to almost gone within a week (that is, it lasted 6 weeks, but the final week it rapidly vanished). The anxiety also started to get better at that time, but it took a full month to get about 70% better, and then another month to get to about the 90% point. Then I had a small regression (which seemed to be related to getting sick and having an unrelated back injury simultaneously), and then it got better again. For most of 2019, it's stood at the 90-95% better mark, which is probably where it will stay forever. I can live with that.

I pretty much got every symptom related to both anxiety and depression at a severe level, aside from social anxiety (didn't have it at all) and suicidal feelings (again, didn't have it). Those 6 weeks were absolute hell, and by far the worst 6 weeks of my life. The next 2 months after that had their challenges, but I was improving every day, so it wasn't nearly as bad, especially because I was thrilled there was positive movement.

Anyway this is something which nobody can understand until they experience it. I thought I understood, but I really didn't. I felt in August and September 2018 that my life was essentially over, even though I would continue going through the motions of being alive. Then I got a reset and my old self was back, and I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for that.

I'm glad to hear that you are experiencing a similar improvement.

Thread Information