Thread: The gays can go eat their chicken now: Chick-Fil-A stops donating to "anti-LGBT" charities

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The gays can go eat their chicken now: Chick-Fil-A stops donating to "anti-LGBT" charities

Chick-Fil-A is a Christian-owned company which has come under fire in recent years for donating to charities which are non-supportive/non-accepting of gays.

Previous boycott attempts by the LGBT crowd and other leftists have been unsuccessful. The boycotts would hit the news, and those boycotting would be replaced by a much greater number of customers trying to show their support.

That's why I was surprised at yesterday's announcement that Chick-Fil-A would be ceasing donations to the charities against same-sex marriage.

It is possible that Chick-Fil-A finally became concerned by certain municipalities shutting them out. San Antonio, for example, banned them from their airport.

Three companies will no longer receive money from Chick-Fil-A: Salvation Army, the Paul Anderson Youth Home, and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Salvation Army is the most notable of the three.

I was actually a fan of the Salvation Army and sometimes donated furniture and clothing to them. However, I had a bad experience with the Las Vegas branch, where they went to the wrong address, realized it, and decided to leave me in the lurch anyway. I ended up having to run a "rich uncle just got angry about this and won't donate anymore" bluff on them in order to get them to act honestly and keep their commitment. The manager eventually admitted that she realized the mistake was completely on their end, but that "nobody wanted to deal with it" and they wanted to make me "just go away".

In general, I don't like when people delve into the politics of ownership of businesses, and then try to ruin the business if the owners don't think the "right" way. If the company provides a good product or service, that should be enough.

Load Metric
    It was getting in the way of their growth.
    But after years of “taking it on the chin,” as a Chick-fil-A executive told Bisnow, the latest round of headlines was impossible to ignore. This time, it was impeding the company’s growth.

Company leaders … felt a new message was needed — especially in foreign markets, where the most prominent brand exposure to Chick-fil-A are headlines about its support for organizations with anti-LGBT stances.

Load Metric
    It's just not a feasible business model to have an interpretation of a sky wizard book serve as a business constraint in 2019.

Most of the gun toting, sky wizard brigade likely went to Chick-Fil-A as a form of support once or twice before realizing that $8-$9 is too big of a hit on the budget for lunch and retreating to regularly scheduled McD's or Long John Silver's instead.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Slippery slope to being open on Sunday

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If was them I would just say fuck it and quit donating to charity altogether.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Lol

Load Metric
    The gays can just choke each other's chickens

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    None of the SJWs on my Facebook are impressed.

All of them are insisting they will continue to boycott just as much.

But maybe this really will help regarding stopping getting banned from airports and other locations controlled by cities.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    None of the SJWs on my Facebook are impressed.

All of them are insisting they will continue to boycott just as much.

But maybe this really will help regarding stopping getting banned from airports and other locations controlled by cities.
    And now conservatives are boycotting them too

Thread Information