Thread: Texas is about to execute an innocence man who was railroaded by the police, the prosecutor, and even his own defense attorney.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Texas is about to execute an innocence man who was railroaded by the police, the prosecutor, and even his own defense attorney.

Check out this ridiculous miscarriage of justice that is less than a week away (given the scheduled execution date) of becoming irreversible for an innocent man who was wrongfully convicted.

The State of Texas is Scheduled to Execute an Innocent Man on November 20, 2019
    https://www.freerodneyreed.com/

ABOUT THE CASE

Stacey Stites died in April 1996. Nearly one year later, Bastrop Sheriffs arrested a 29-year-old black man named Rodney Reed. He was charged with capital murder, citing DNA evidence matching Reed’s DNA to a small amount of sperm found inside the body. Prosecutors succesfully argued that this was enough evidence to prove that Reed was responsible for her brutal sexual assault and murder.

Rodney has steadfastly maintained his innocence from Day 1. Absolutely zero evidence exists that Rodney had anything at all to do with this crime. He was in a consensual relationship with Stacey Stites and the only DNA of Rodney’s that was found was from this consensual relationship. The prosecution, citing that DNA persuaded an all-white jury of his guilt; he was convicted and sentenced to die by lethal injection. Currently, he is scheduled to die in just a few days on November 20, 2019.

The original suspect in the case was Stites’ fiancé, Jimmy Fennell, a brutal police officer with a history of violence against women. After the murder of Stacey Stites, Fennell kidnapped a woman and sexually assaulted her while on duty as a police officer. He was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison for this. Despite sworn affidavits from witnesses establishing that Jimmy Fennell threatened to kill Stites before, and that he has subsequently confessed to the crime, and compelling expert testimony establishing Reed’s innocence, all requests to evaluate new evidence have been unsuccessful.

REASONABLE DOUBT

The DNA evidence cited by the prosecution resulted from a consensual sexual relationship with Stites. Multiple witnesses confirm this, including members of Stites’ family.

The case is on-face implausible. The prosecution claims that Reed was able to break into Stites’ car on foot while she was inside it, and committed a brutal murder and sexual assault without leaving any physical evidence behind.

No DNA evidence links Reed to the scene of the crime or any other element of the murder. Requests to test the murder weapon for DNA have been repeatedly denied.

STITES WAS MOST LIKELY MURDERED BY HER FIANCE, JIMMY FENNELL, JR.

Fennell was the original prime suspect in the case. His friend fellow police officer now admits that Fennell gave him completely inconsistent accounts of his whereabouts at the time of the murder. His most recent claim is impossible based on the most recent evidence.

Even though he was the “prime suspect” at the time, police never searched the apartment that Stites and Fennell shared.

Multiple witnesses swear under oath that Fennell knew about Stites’ affair with Reed, threatened to kill her because of it and made it clear at her funeral that he believed “She got what he deserved.”

Fennell was subsequently incarcerated for another violent sexual assault. In his efforts to join the Aryan Brotherhood, he bragged to other prisoners that he murdered his wife for sleeping with a black man, stating “I had to kill my n*****-loving fiancée.”

Fennel has a long history of violence against women, including multiple complaints about his behavior towards women as a police officer.

EVIDENCE IGNORED

Three experts that testified during the trial have recanted their testimony, stating that the original time of death is inaccurate, which makes the entire case implausible. Despite their claims that they were wrong at the time, and that the prosecution misinterpreted their testimony in the first place, the State of Texas continues to ignore this evidence.

Renowned forensic pathologists including Michael Baden, M.D., Werner Spitz, M.D., LeRoy Riddick, M.D., and Cyril Wecht, M.D. have all concluded that Reed’s guilt is medically and scientifically impossible.

Reed’s request to have the murder weapon tested in this case have been repeatedly denied.
    This case has also been covered in some notable network shows, including Dr. Phil.

Personally, I can’t stand listening to Dr. Phil even if he sometimes has good advice or is on the correct side of an issue. I learned about this case recently listening on the latest episode of the “Bob & Weave” podcast, a new show co-started by the founder and show host of “Truth & Justice with Bob Ruff” podcast. You can find that episode here if you prefer to listen versus watch videos:

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...=1573796622505

I highly recommend listening to this episode of Bob & Weave, as well as learning about the hosts and their perspectives and background.

Bob Ruff is the primary driver of the show, and has an interesting background as a firefighter for over a dozen years, who graduated to fire investigator, and then fire chief, before getting into podcasting about true crime and wrongful conviction cases. And as he mentions in this episode of Bob & Weave, as a ‘law and order’ type of guy, he was once a staunch supporter of the death penalty. Since seeing how fucked up the justice system can be in certain cases that he has investigated in doing the Truth & Justice podcast, he’s done a complete 180 on that position.

So, give that episode of Bob & Weave a listen. And let me know your thoughts on this matter.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Niggas die everyday b

Comments

MumblesBadly: Words can’t describe how vile you come off as.

FRANKRIZZO: another day in da hood
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Niggas die everyday b

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is why I feel the death penalty needs reform, rather than elimination.

The main reform should involve a new higher standard of guilt -- from guilty beyond a reasonable doubt (current) to guilty beyond ANY doubt.

That is, if it's even 0.1% possible that the accused is innocent, no death penalty.

This would mostly put an end to what few wrongful death convictions still exist. (The vast majority have been eliminated due to DNA evidence, better surveillance cameras, etc.)

Why should the death penalty still exist?

Beyond being a fair and appropriate punishment for murderers, it has a practical application in causing life-without-parole guilty pleas. If life-without-parole is the worst possible result, nobody will plea to it. There have been many life-without-parole guilty pleas simply because the murderer knows he did it, and wants to avoid the death penalty. The Unabomber was a good example of this.

If we lose the death penalty, we lose the ability to force those guilty pleas, and we will have guilty murderers either beating the charges or getting sentenced far too light for their crime.

Load Metric
    Beyond being a fair and appropriate punishment for murderers, it has a practical application in causing life-without-parole guilty pleas. If life-without-parole is the worst possible result, nobody will plea to it. There have been many life-without-parole guilty pleas simply because the murderer knows he did it, and wants to avoid the death penalty. The Unabomber was a good example of this.

If we lose the death penalty, we lose the ability to force those guilty pleas, and we will have guilty murderers either beating the charges or getting sentenced far too light for their crime.

Load Metric
    Tragic.

I mean, if only there was place we could send all the white people where they could live in isolation.
    Clearly, it’s not safe for POC to be anywhere near (emphasis on near) white people.

Load Metric
    This is why I feel the death penalty needs reform, rather than elimination.

The main reform should involve a new higher standard of guilt -- from guilty beyond a reasonable doubt (current) to guilty beyond ANY doubt.

That is, if it's even 0.1% possible that the accused is innocent, no death penalty.
    It's impossible to prove anyone guilty beyond ANY doubt though.

"The aliens took over my body/ the security footage was tampered with/ I have a clone/ the illuminati figured out how to fake DNA evidence"

Maybe we need to change who has the burden of proof in these situations.

Load Metric
    The lesson to be learned here is this...

Don't sleep with a woman right before her man kills her... don't look good when they do the swabs.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Especially if the other guy is a cop.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Maybe we need to change who has the burden of proof in these situations.
    Say what?

Thread Information