Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Texas is about to execute an innocence man who was railroaded by the police, the prosecutor, and even his own defense attorney.

  1. #1
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -148
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,111

    Texas is about to execute an innocence man who was railroaded by the police, the prosecutor, and even his own defense attorney.

    Check out this ridiculous miscarriage of justice that is less than a week away (given the scheduled execution date) of becoming irreversible for an innocent man who was wrongfully convicted.

    The State of Texas is Scheduled to Execute an Innocent Man on November 20, 2019
    https://www.freerodneyreed.com/

    ABOUT THE CASE

    Stacey Stites died in April 1996. Nearly one year later, Bastrop Sheriffs arrested a 29-year-old black man named Rodney Reed. He was charged with capital murder, citing DNA evidence matching Reed’s DNA to a small amount of sperm found inside the body. Prosecutors succesfully argued that this was enough evidence to prove that Reed was responsible for her brutal sexual assault and murder.

    Rodney has steadfastly maintained his innocence from Day 1. Absolutely zero evidence exists that Rodney had anything at all to do with this crime. He was in a consensual relationship with Stacey Stites and the only DNA of Rodney’s that was found was from this consensual relationship. The prosecution, citing that DNA persuaded an all-white jury of his guilt; he was convicted and sentenced to die by lethal injection. Currently, he is scheduled to die in just a few days on November 20, 2019.

    The original suspect in the case was Stites’ fiancť, Jimmy Fennell, a brutal police officer with a history of violence against women. After the murder of Stacey Stites, Fennell kidnapped a woman and sexually assaulted her while on duty as a police officer. He was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison for this. Despite sworn affidavits from witnesses establishing that Jimmy Fennell threatened to kill Stites before, and that he has subsequently confessed to the crime, and compelling expert testimony establishing Reed’s innocence, all requests to evaluate new evidence have been unsuccessful.

    REASONABLE DOUBT

    The DNA evidence cited by the prosecution resulted from a consensual sexual relationship with Stites. Multiple witnesses confirm this, including members of Stites’ family.

    The case is on-face implausible. The prosecution claims that Reed was able to break into Stites’ car on foot while she was inside it, and committed a brutal murder and sexual assault without leaving any physical evidence behind.

    No DNA evidence links Reed to the scene of the crime or any other element of the murder. Requests to test the murder weapon for DNA have been repeatedly denied.

    STITES WAS MOST LIKELY MURDERED BY HER FIANCE, JIMMY FENNELL, JR.

    Fennell was the original prime suspect in the case. His friend fellow police officer now admits that Fennell gave him completely inconsistent accounts of his whereabouts at the time of the murder. His most recent claim is impossible based on the most recent evidence.

    Even though he was the “prime suspect” at the time, police never searched the apartment that Stites and Fennell shared.

    Multiple witnesses swear under oath that Fennell knew about Stites’ affair with Reed, threatened to kill her because of it and made it clear at her funeral that he believed “She got what he deserved.”

    Fennell was subsequently incarcerated for another violent sexual assault. In his efforts to join the Aryan Brotherhood, he bragged to other prisoners that he murdered his wife for sleeping with a black man, stating “I had to kill my n*****-loving fiancťe.”

    Fennel has a long history of violence against women, including multiple complaints about his behavior towards women as a police officer.

    EVIDENCE IGNORED

    Three experts that testified during the trial have recanted their testimony, stating that the original time of death is inaccurate, which makes the entire case implausible. Despite their claims that they were wrong at the time, and that the prosecution misinterpreted their testimony in the first place, the State of Texas continues to ignore this evidence.

    Renowned forensic pathologists including Michael Baden, M.D., Werner Spitz, M.D., LeRoy Riddick, M.D., and Cyril Wecht, M.D. have all concluded that Reed’s guilt is medically and scientifically impossible.

    Reed’s request to have the murder weapon tested in this case have been repeatedly denied.
    This case has also been covered in some notable network shows, including Dr. Phil.







    Personally, I can’t stand listening to Dr. Phil even if he sometimes has good advice or is on the correct side of an issue. I learned about this case recently listening on the latest episode of the “Bob & Weave” podcast, a new show co-started by the founder and show host of “Truth & Justice with Bob Ruff” podcast. You can find that episode here if you prefer to listen versus watch videos:

    https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...=1573796622505

    I highly recommend listening to this episode of Bob & Weave, as well as learning about the hosts and their perspectives and background.

    Bob Ruff is the primary driver of the show, and has an interesting background as a firefighter for over a dozen years, who graduated to fire investigator, and then fire chief, before getting into podcasting about true crime and wrongful conviction cases. And as he mentions in this episode of Bob & Weave, as a ‘law and order’ type of guy, he was once a staunch supporter of the death penalty. Since seeing how fucked up the justice system can be in certain cases that he has investigated in doing the Truth & Justice podcast, he’s done a complete 180 on that position.

    So, give that episode of Bob & Weave a listen. And let me know your thoughts on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  2. #2
    Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Reputation
    246
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    977
    Niggas die everyday b

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Words can’t describe how vile you come off as.
      
      FRANKRIZZO: another day in da hood
    #ToddsPlan

  3. #3
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    351
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Niggas die everyday b

  4. #4
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,850
    Blog Entries
    2
    This is why I feel the death penalty needs reform, rather than elimination.

    The main reform should involve a new higher standard of guilt -- from guilty beyond a reasonable doubt (current) to guilty beyond ANY doubt.

    That is, if it's even 0.1% possible that the accused is innocent, no death penalty.

    This would mostly put an end to what few wrongful death convictions still exist. (The vast majority have been eliminated due to DNA evidence, better surveillance cameras, etc.)

    Why should the death penalty still exist?

    Beyond being a fair and appropriate punishment for murderers, it has a practical application in causing life-without-parole guilty pleas. If life-without-parole is the worst possible result, nobody will plea to it. There have been many life-without-parole guilty pleas simply because the murderer knows he did it, and wants to avoid the death penalty. The Unabomber was a good example of this.

    If we lose the death penalty, we lose the ability to force those guilty pleas, and we will have guilty murderers either beating the charges or getting sentenced far too light for their crime.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Beyond being a fair and appropriate punishment for murderers, it has a practical application in causing life-without-parole guilty pleas. If life-without-parole is the worst possible result, nobody will plea to it. There have been many life-without-parole guilty pleas simply because the murderer knows he did it, and wants to avoid the death penalty. The Unabomber was a good example of this.

    If we lose the death penalty, we lose the ability to force those guilty pleas, and we will have guilty murderers either beating the charges or getting sentenced far too light for their crime.


  6. #6
    Tragic.

    I mean, if only there was place we could send all the white people where they could live in isolation.
    Clearly, itís not safe for POC to be anywhere near (emphasis on near) white people.

  7. #7
    Sounds like your classic wailwoad

  8. #8
    If the "Innocent project" and Cyril Wechts testimony do not free you it is a sad sad day..poor guy..May his Soul and family be comforted. Revise and regulate the deth Penalty. Not Abolish it. A few Crimes Humans are capale of warrants it 100% IMO. ty.

  9. #9
    this "innocent" man is a serial rapist


     
    Comments
      
      Jayjami: We all got it coming kid
      
      Dan Druff: lol mumbles
    Hi Lew!!!

  10. #10
    As one would expect, Mumble's source is mostly propaganda and erroneous information.

    According to Wikipedia, Reed had a history of violence against women, and was actually in jail for a separate incident when he was charged with this attack. Also, according to police there was semen inside the victim AND saliva on her chest that matched his. Also, at the time of the trial the defense did not come up with a single witness to corroborate that Reed and Stiles were in a relationship or even knew each other.

    Whether you believe there should be a death penalty or whether this case deserves the penalty, or even the irregularities around the case is one thing. But lets at least try to be a little honest when describing what happened.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    As one would expect, Mumble's source is mostly propaganda and erroneous information.

    According to Wikipedia...
    So you say mumbles source isn't very good, then you cite Wikipedia...
    @CursedDiamonds on twitter

  12. #12
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -148
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,111
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    As one would expect, Mumble's source is mostly propaganda and erroneous information.

    According to Wikipedia, Reed had a history of violence against women, and was actually in jail for a separate incident when he was charged with this attack. Also, according to police there was semen inside the victim AND saliva on her chest that matched his. Also, at the time of the trial the defense did not come up with a single witness to corroborate that Reed and Stiles were in a relationship or even knew each other.

    Whether you believe there should be a death penalty or whether this case deserves the penalty, or even the irregularities around the case is one thing. But lets at least try to be a little honest when describing what happened.

    Bullshit! There were over a dozen people who were ready to testify that Reed and Stiles were having an affair. And there was no other forensic evidence other the semen and saliva, both which would have survived from a consensual encounter from the night before the murder.

    Oh, and by the way, the Court of Appeal has stayed his execution.

    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...6vm-story.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  13. #13
    Donít know whether this guy is guilty or not but the death penalty is awful and should be used so sporadically that youíre surprised when someone is put to death.

    Timothy McVeigh types, Serial killers, Mass shooters.

    While a lot of mass shooters die as a result of their deeds...the ones that donít should be executed the week they are found Guilty.

    Trial...appeal...dead...the end

  14. #14
    Gold duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    419
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is why I feel the death penalty needs reform, rather than elimination.

    The main reform should involve a new higher standard of guilt -- from guilty beyond a reasonable doubt (current) to guilty beyond ANY doubt.

    That is, if it's even 0.1% possible that the accused is innocent, no death penalty.
    It's impossible to prove anyone guilty beyond ANY doubt though.

    "The aliens took over my body/ the security footage was tampered with/ I have a clone/ the illuminati figured out how to fake DNA evidence"

    Maybe we need to change who has the burden of proof in these situations.

  15. #15
    The lesson to be learned here is this...

    Don't sleep with a woman right before her man kills her... don't look good when they do the swabs.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Especially if the other guy is a cop.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Maybe we need to change who has the burden of proof in these situations.
    Say what?

  17. #17
    I'm not opposed to the death penalty, especially for terrorists, but these kind of death penalty cases where there seems to be some level of uncertainty make me very uncomfortable. Life w/o seems to be the way to go until something truly exonerating him turns up.

  18. #18
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5455
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,944
    neural uplinks will make it impossible to lie.

    youre welcome.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  19. #19
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,850
    Blog Entries
    2
    I haven't researched this case, but if the guy really is a serial rapist, fuck him. As much as I would hate to see a man wrongly sentenced to death for a murder he didn't commit, if he really was a serial rapist, then in the worst case we are putting a serial rapist to death.

    And let's be honest here -- that's really not a bad thing.

    Reminds me a bit of the Chandra Levy case. She was the murdered intern of Gary Condit, whom he was also fucking, which was a huge story in the middle of 2001, until 9/11 obliterated it from the news.

    Since the murder was never solved, they eventually just pinned it on a 20-year-old serial rapist they had caught multiple times in the area. His name was Ingmar Guandique. There was no question that Guandique was guilty of multiple attacks on women in the park where Levy disappeared. There just wasn't really much evidence that he committed this particular crime.

    He was eventually convicted, and at the time I knew it was probably bullshit, but I didn't cry for him because the fact was that he was a scumbag serial rapist, so fuck him either way.

    Eventually cooler heads prevailed years later, and he was released and deported back to El Salvador in 2017.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2019, 07:56 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 01:19 PM
  3. I'll execute every last mother fucking one of you
    By limitles in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 10:42 PM
  4. I'll execute every last mother fucking one of you
    By limitles in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •