Thread: Florida County Commission Vote to Block Library from renewing NYTimes Subscription

Load Metric

Florida County Commission Vote to Block Library from renewing NYTimes Subscription

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...subscriptions/

They cancelled their digital subscription bc Trump. It's sad people just believe the words that come out of his mouth.

“Fake news, I agree with President Trump,” Carnahan said. “I don’t want the New York Times in this county. I don’t agree with it, I don’t like 'em, it’s fake news and I’m voting no. They can take that money and do something else with it ... I support Donald Trump."

Guess they forgot about when Hillary was attacking the Times for their big story on her emails.

The digital subscription cost $2700 for all members to have digital access (70,000 people). I doubt anyone reads it in citrus county anyway, so it's only a big deal if you compare it to the other library thread.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 11-09-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Load Metric
    Peak Florida

Load Metric
    Conservatives have been removing knowledge and unpopular opinions and facts from libraries for centuries.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Conservatives have been removing knowledge and unpopular opinions and facts from libraries for centuries.
    As opposed to liberals who have never been known to restrict access to conservative-leaning material or viewpoints on college campuses.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    As opposed to liberals who have never been known to restrict access to conservative-leaning material or viewpoints on college campuses.
    I hope you don't consider your views right leaning anymore - you fell over about a year ago. Wait, maybe it was 2 years ago? I don't know. I remember you definitely used to be just right leaning politically and able to look at and discuss everything rationally. Now it's just about pwning the libs.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Coge
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 11-09-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Load Metric
    And even from the public sphere altogether.

Name:  281C7C3F-763E-40F7-B3BA-B7D1A584DEF6.gif
Views: 244
Size:  716.5 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    And even from the public sphere altogether.

Name:  281C7C3F-763E-40F7-B3BA-B7D1A584DEF6.gif
Views: 244
Size:  716.5 KB

I know exactly what you mean.

Name:  23DF64D3-FB5C-4D58-9DE7-44B9FFC29E8B.jpeg
Views: 208
Size:  36.7 KB

Name:  3A3CCD5E-FB38-4653-ACE9-77105522AEA9.jpeg
Views: 235
Size:  16.8 KB

Name:  67CEF93B-4B8A-4A7F-9DC4-317DC0D51C7D.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  40.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

I hope you don't consider your views right leaning anymore - you fell over about a year ago. Wait, maybe it was 2 years ago? I don't know. I remember you definitely used to be just right leaning politically and able to look at and discuss everything rationally. Now it's just about pwning the libs.
    I'm a conservative, and I don't hide that.

I'm not alt-right, and I'm not extreme.

You'll even see in the Trump thread that I criticized him a few days ago (and not from further right).

At the same time, I cannot go along with a lot of the ridiculousness I see from the left nowadays, so that's probably why I seem to be more vocal. I haven't gotten more conservative, I've just gotten more annoyed with the extreme left creeping in to the mainstream Democratic Party.

Load Metric

You'll even see in the Trump thread that I criticized him a few days ago (and not from further right).

At the same time, I cannot go along with a lot of the ridiculousness I see from the left nowadays, so that's probably why I seem to be more vocal. I haven't gotten more conservative, I've just gotten more annoyed with the extreme left creeping in to the mainstream Democratic Party.
    If you mean the handling of the MAGAChallenge...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post867534

... that is a trivial matter related to his campaign, and not anything of consequence regarding policy, nor relevant to the criminal behavior he has exhibited and fostered his lackeys to commit to personally benefit him and his family.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

But the criticism of Trump has nothing to do with the annoying SJW stuff.

The SJWs are retards, but that doesn't mean you have to side with Trump. He's fucking up everything he touches.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

But the criticism of Trump has nothing to do with the annoying SJW stuff.

The SJWs are retards, but that doesn't mean you have to side with Trump. He's fucking up everything he touches.
    Buddy, there's liberal professors in universities. How can you not see that banning the New York Times from libraries in an appropriate reaction to that?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: I LOLed
    Last edited by SPIT this; 11-10-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They aren't "banning" the NY Times.

They are choosing not to spend public money on a NY Times subscription, which is very different. The NY Times isn't automatically owed a subscription by a city library just because it's been around a long time.

Trump initially called the NY Times and CNN "fake news" because they were doing unflattering but mostly accurate stories on him. Both have since evolved to become exactly what he accused them of being. They have become obsessed with slamming him to where they don't even attempt to hide their bias anymore. The amazing thing about this is the fact that Trump screws up enough to where reporting the real news on him should be enough. Instead, they lie, exaggerate, and speculate about him.

The NY Times has also taken a lot of heat lately for some really dumb moves. In September, they published a story about yet another Kavanaugh victim coming forward. The only problem? The entire story was fabricated, and even the alleged victim said that none of it ever happened.

They've also dealt with anti-Semitism within their ranks this year. One of their editors is an open anti-Semite, and to my knowledge, he wasn't even fired when his past tweets indicating as such were unearthed.

Another incident involved an anti-Semitic editorial cartoon which printed in the global edition.

The newspaper has basically become a far-left-biased, Trump-obsessed, anti-Semitic rag, and I can't blame someone who would not want to spend public money on it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And regarding the college remark, I think it's funny to see the left whining about one small city in Florida refusing to buy the NY Times for their library, when almost all universities around the country intentionally suppress the conservative point of view, and that's considered totally fine.

I'm not just talking about "liberal professors". What little conservative speech exists on college campus is constantly thwarted and attacked, to where it's mostly stamped out. Almost all college campuses are far-left echo chambers, and the entire concept of free speech is mostly abandoned, disguised as "fighting hate speech".

It was already like this when I attended college in the early 1990s, but it's substantially worse now.

Comments

MumblesBadly: That’s because in the era, many conservative “news” outlets intentionally publish outright lies. #FoxNewsIsNotNews

Load Metric
    Remember You Can Always Trust New York Times Predictions - They Did A Great Job in Getting Hillary Clinton Elected President

Load Metric
    Chance of winning the popular vote?

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: Hahahaha

Load Metric
    The worst offenders of book burning and other forms of intellectual suppression at the college level are the hard left.

The worst offenders at the public high school, grade school, and public library levels are the religious right, and now the new Trump right has also weighed in.

A pox on all their houses.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agree

Thread Information