Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2020 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Dodgers are only paying about half of Price's salary. They're basically paying the same they paid for Rich Hill for the past 3 years.
    We are now making Rich Hill comps. Look in the mirror man.

Name:  8EC2DE07-77FA-4311-B229-1C12ABFC4B22.png
Views: 300
Size:  199.6 KB

Dodgers have all the chips in the world. Put them in play

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Dodgers are only paying about half of Price's salary. They're basically paying the same they paid for Rich Hill for the past 3 years. Price should contribute more than Hill, because Hill was injured so often.

If this $48m was just going to be dead money, I'd understand the criticism, but Price should at least be able to be worth $25m-$30m over the 3 years, and maybe a lot more if he rejuvenates his career in LA.

You've criticized the Dodgers for not going for it, and just standing pat because they knew they could keep winning the NL West.

This year they've finally made a real move with an eye towards winning the Series. I still think they need some starting pitching for the playoffs, but maybe that will come later.
    The Dodgers improved

The Dodger’s Betts rental has my full attention. Betts is Trout. That is going for broke. But what else? Pitching?

This is 2nd only to Yankees
    RF Betts
    1B Muncy
    3B Turner
    CF Bellinger
    LF Pollock
    SS Seager
    C Smith
    2B Lux

be serious
    serviceable regular season rotation
    Buehler (max respect)
    Kershaw
    Price

May (I like him)
    Urias (I hold the upper hand here - correct since day 1)

Awful
    Kelly
    Treinen
    Jansen

The Red Sox looked at NYC and folded. They have multiple fresh rings. They will take some abuse for appearing financially focused but they had ZERO shot against Yankees. Just can’t say it publicly.

Price is an aging mental defective. You will find out soon enough. Countdown to the Fortnight gamer stories.

I would say thats 2a maybe, with 2b being:
    RF Kepler
    SS Polanco
    LF Rosario
    DH Cruz
    3B Donaldson
    1B Sano
    C Garver
    2B Arraez
    CF Buxton

Basically, IMO, Yanks, Dodgers, Twins are the only 3 teams where you could randomly set the batting order and they would be fine. Houston right behind, but they arent batting Reddick or the catcher higher than 8-9.

I would say the Dodgers are least likely for regression from an unjuiced ball though, compared to the Twins and Yankees.
    Last edited by gut; 02-09-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Load Metric
    Beetsis a good player but he's elite when he knows what's coming.

I chalk that trade up to the Red Sox not wanting to pay him in the future as a recent MVP winner.

His stats the last 2 seasons are 100% bogus. That's not the player the Dodgers are getting.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    weird rays and pads trade.

pagan for margot, driscoll

don't know why the rays would give up an arm like that. many bullpens don't have more than 1/2 that can get peeps out.

i guess margot can have a career year in the next 1-3 years, but it looks like the pads won this. margot right now is a shitty hitter with a poor eye

i would have lol'd if this was presented to me from the padres
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    saw this after the trade...

LAD U 100.5 -110

im gonna fire...yes, they're good, yes they're gonna win a shitton of games, but jesus Christ you talk about pricing something to perfection...

looking forward to san's screenshot when he bets this one...

Silver
    Load Metric
    MLB considering major changes to post season including adding four more teams, adding byes, and a wrinkle where team can pick their opponents. At first glance this sounds like AIDS

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...umber-teams-14

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

LAD U 100.5 -110

im gonna fire...yes, they're good, yes they're gonna win a shitton of games, but jesus Christ you talk about pricing something to perfection...

most of the time these bets come down to the last couple weeks of the season. i don't see enough value in the under imo.

i'm pretty bullish on the dodgers and certain players having huge and bounce back seasons. nobody is talking about him but urias could easily be a beast of a SP.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

LAD U 100.5 -110

Not a bad bet, because it's hard to win 101 games, even if you're a really good team.

However, beware of the fact that the Dodgers division sucks this year, and this group of guys has been very good at crushing bad teams over the past few years.

I do understand how this is probably a good bet, though. For example, let's say they lose Bellinger or Buehler to injury for awhile, that will definitely take away from their expected win total. They are not all that deep anymore at either pitching or hitting, so injuries could really hurt them. Well, I guess they'll be deeper if they don't end up trading Joc, and that one is questionable right now.

Platinum
    Load Metric

LAD U 100.5 -110

Not a bad bet, because it's hard to win 101 games, even if you're a really good team.

However, beware of the fact that the Dodgers division sucks this year, and this group of guys has been very good at crushing bad teams over the past few years.

I do understand how this is probably a good bet, though. For example, let's say they lose Bellinger or Buehler to injury for awhile, that will definitely take away from their expected win total. They are not all that deep anymore at either pitching or hitting, so injuries could really hurt them. Well, I guess they'll be deeper if they don't end up trading Joc, and that one is questionable right now.
    this is one of my main reasons for wanting to make the bet...162 games is a whole lotta season...injuries, nagging or otherwise, are gonna pop up...is the peddle gonna be all the way down the whole season or can they cruise to 95-98 wins, win the division, get home field? don't get me wrong don't think it's a slam dunk by any means, but willing to give it a gamble...

I entered my "large" $150 wager and DK is still trying to figure out if they want that big, big action...WTF!?!?

Name:  IMG_0546 (1).PNG
Views: 331
Size:  315.2 KB

Comments

Sanlmar: Wow - that is sooo interesting. Not a good sign dude.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    MLB considering major changes to post season including adding four more teams, adding byes, and a wrinkle where team can pick their opponents. At first glance this sounds like AIDS

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...umber-teams-14
    I thought this was The Onion using satire to mock the NBA. It’s ESPN.

They add to the post season or that other nonsense, I’m done. Never look back.

Load Metric

this is one of my main reasons for wanting to make the bet...162 games is a whole lotta season...injuries, nagging or otherwise, are gonna pop up...is the peddle gonna be all the way down the whole season or can they cruise to 95-98 wins, win the division, get home field? don't get me wrong don't think it's a slam dunk by any means, but willing to give it a gamble...

I entered my "large" $150 wager and DK is still trying to figure out if they want that big, big action...WTF!?!?

Name:  IMG_0546 (1).PNG
Views: 331
Size:  315.2 KB
    You follow the Yankees last year? The injuries were non stop. At any one time half the starting line up was getting surgery or such.

An easy 100+ games. In the AL East no less

Beastly deep organization.

Not saying the Dodgers are that deep but I’m not in the mood to tie up my funds this year like I usually do. I still think it’s a proper bet.

(Oops, I have a real early under 94.5 that is gonna lose)

I’m gonna look forward to the Dodgers offense. I’m not gonna lie. Dodgers totals lines will be very very very interesting. Middling pitching and sick offense. Price + offense could be a good spot

Let me just suggest we see a preflop 12 total early in the season - and post it here for posteritydodgers.

Gut, PFA was big on the Twins last year . They were an autobet. You wanna talk offense? They were amazing. Twins overs were silly. I know Daly was with me. He was “Minny Minny Minny”. I’m very loyal to them for last summer.

Load Metric
    Geez, it was under 97.5 Dodgers

It was a Betonline pre Christmas special. Like those give-always you get in NJ

Name:  924BE3BC-9FB7-4538-8115-6757FFDC1947.jpeg
Views: 343
Size:  106.6 KB

Still looks good actually. I don’t think the Dodgers improve their pitching. They never do

Those hope-a-trons are looking for a miracle from someone like Urias or Kelly or who knows what.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kelly sucks and won't contribute much, barring as you said, a miracle.

Urias is a different story. He's actually looked good as of late. Dodgers have underutilized him for whatever reason, but they're finally ready to hand him the ball regularly in 2020.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New playoffs format discussed for 2022: https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-conside...tseason-format

Interestingly, this is somewhat similar to the NBA format I proposed on PFA a few months ago, including byes for the best teams.

The new proposed MLB format:

The team with the best record in both the American and National League would receive a first-round bye, automatically advancing to the Division Series. The other two division winners would host all three games in a best-of-three Wild Card round, as would the Wild Card team with the next-best record.

Three other Wild Card teams would also advance to the best-of-three round, though none would host a game.

The division winner with the second-best record in the league would then get to decide which of the bottom three Wild Card teams it wants to play in the opening round -- a decision that would be aired on live television on the final Sunday night of the season, just hours after the regular season concludes.
    LOL @ the live announcement of which team they want to play. That part sounds dumb. That sounds like they're publicly humiliating the worst of the wildcard teams.

The above sounds confusing, but they're saying that four (!!) wildcard teams would exist in each league. WTF!!!

That's a horrible idea. You'd make the playoffs if you finished just barely over .500, and it would open a serious possibility each year of sub-.500 teams making the playoffs!

This is not good, especially because MLB games have such variance, and the worst team can easily beat the best team in a short series. (It's different than the NBA, where the much better team almost always prevails.)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    FIFTEEN DOLLARS...FIFTEEN MOTHER FUCKING DOLLARS!!??!?!?

Thank you for reaching out to us!

After review, I can see that our traders set the max wager for this particular bet at $15. In this case, your wager was manually reviewed by our trader and the decision was [[for full approval, for partial approval, to deny any further wagers on this market]]. Such decisions include various factors and we cannot disclose specific detail on individual trading decisions.

I apologize for any confusion that our traders may have caused.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the future.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

After review, I can see that our traders set the max wager for this particular bet at $15. In this case, your wager was manually reviewed by our trader and the decision was [[for full approval, for partial approval, to deny any further wagers on this market]]. Such decisions include various factors and we cannot disclose specific detail on individual trading decisions.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the future.
    Which site was this?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

so they would have accepted 60 now questions asked but since you shipped 150 they reviewed it and only let you bet 15...lol @ online betting

Platinum
    Load Metric

Which site was this?
    DKNJ...

I asked if it was specific to my account or if i'd be able to place a bigger bet as the season got closer and they said that the traders have that info on lockdown...

I have no fucking clue on this one...id wager that im a net loser...I chopped my season long player props on the NFL, lost the raiders over and at best might win a couple of units in my NBA season longs...so it's not like im some savant that has been crushing them...

all my season long bets are in the hundreds of dollar range so it's not like this bet was suddenly way bigger than anything I had fired before...

honestly never thought at the hundreds of dollar level a legal book would ever cut you off...

Load Metric
    so this off season the Dodgers rid themselves of major leaguers Ryu, Maeda and minor leaguer Wong....

coincidence or virus inspired conspiracy?

regardless, they are taking a different slant of things
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

so they would have accepted 60 now questions asked but since you shipped 150 they reviewed it and only let you bet 15...lol @ online betting

just looked at that screenshot again...didn't realize I was preapproved for $60 then they downgraded it to $15...

just as well...foxbet (aka stars) is offering the under 100.5 at EVEN...

Thread Information