Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2020 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2020 Thread

should be a big off season and several big contracts.

really wondering how much peeps will go for cole.

yank's have to come away with a big time starter.

have to think there will be a bidding war for cole and some team will give him crazy 30mil, 7-10yr contract
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    can't believe the nyy lets didi gregorius walk.

some team is gonna get solid production on a lower than it should be 2/3yr year deal.

this guy really developed into a good hitter with power to go along with a decent glove.

his floor is really, what? 20hr 260 avg with a good glove... ..if he remained a yankee i wouldn't have been surprised to see 35 ding dongs and close to a 300 ba if he played a full season.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Rendon and Cole should get record breaking deals.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    rendon coming off a career year and hits 30 years of age..no way i give him 7/8 yrs but i'm sure somebody will that's in win now mode that needs a good bat.

i honestly think cole could make 35mil/350 over 10yrs. would not surprise me to see multiple teams that "have to have him" and have to overpay to do it

the phillies, yanks could easily outbid one another. not to mention the angels possibly getting involved...and behind them you have the padres, white sox and dodgers that could even make a play. doesn't make sense for him to go to the white sox unless they throw 35/40mil at him.

wtf are the dodgers going to do ..losing hill and and the chinaman. not to mention kershaw might never be the same. they have to be in play for SP as well
    Last edited by mulva; 11-05-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Load Metric
    Column: Dodgers need to focus on truths rather than beliefs this offseason

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodge...n-corey-seager

Pretty honest assessment.

It’s all there. Kershaw, Pederson, Seager, Jansen, failure. we’ve gone over this a million times.

Dodgers won’t willingly change. The window is almost closed. The cycles of baseball don’t require that a decision be made. It’s been made for them.

Dodgers are a reflection of their fans and the culture of the city they entertain. Nobody is really that upset. They are easily satisfied.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Column: Dodgers need to focus on truths rather than beliefs this offseason

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodge...n-corey-seager

Pretty honest assessment.

It’s all there. Kershaw, Pederson, Seager, Jansen, failure. we’ve gone over this a million times.

Dodgers won’t willingly change. The window is almost closed. The cycles of baseball don’t require that a decision be made. It’s been made for them.

Dodgers are a reflection of their fans and the culture of the city they entertain. Nobody is really that upset. They are easily satisfied.
    I partially agree with the article.

Kershaw is a #3 starter now on a playoff team. That's a fact.

Jansen is no longer a lockdown closer. Another fact.

Neither will get better. Both will be 32 next season, with Jansen turning 33 toward the end.

Seager isn't a lost cause yet. You shouldn't build the franchise around him or give him a monster contract, but he will just be turning 26 as the 2020 season starts. Max Muncy and Justin Turner, both reliable bats in 2019 (and in the postseason) were non-factors in MLB at age 26. Seager was well regarded enough and had a good enough start to his career to where he deserves more time to get things right following that year off.

Joc is Joc. He only hits HR from one side of the plate, strikes out a ton, and doesn't hit for average. He did hit 36 HR, so he has his usefulness. Not a superstar you build the team around, but useful to have if he doesn't cost too much.

Last offseason was a terrible one for the Dodgers. The two biggest acquisitions were Kelly and Pollock -- both for decent money, both for multiple years, and both with a laundry list of reasons that they'd likely fail and become dead money.

Friedman can't free agent.

He just can't.

He's too locked in the small market mindset of signing flawed players with a tiny sliver of high upside. At the same time, he shies away from big money free agents, and won't pull the trigger on big trades.

Dodgers need to act like a big market team and sign Gerrit Cole.

Friedman is just fortunate that he's run well with young in-house players and stumbled into unexpected productivity from nobodies Chris Taylor and Max Muncy (especially Muncy). Otherwise he'd probably be gone by now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    rendon coming off a career year and hits 30 years of age..no way i give him 7/8 yrs but i'm sure somebody will that's in win now mode that needs a good bat.

i honestly think cole could make 35mil/350 over 10yrs. would not surprise me to see multiple teams that "have to have him" and have to overpay to do it

the phillies, yanks could easily outbid one another. not to mention the angels possibly getting involved...and behind them you have the padres, white sox and dodgers that could even make a play. doesn't make sense for him to go to the white sox unless they throw 35/40mil at him.

wtf are the dodgers going to do ..losing hill and and the chinaman. not to mention kershaw might never be the same. they have to be in play for SP as well
    Yeah with Rendon I was thinking along the lines of record-breaking AAV for a position player, not length/total money. Supposedly he might not want to sign long-term anyway.

I do wonder if Strasburg being there as a consolation prize will hurt Cole a bit. Probably not, but who knows with modern front offices.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

He's too locked in the small market mindset of signing flawed players with a tiny sliver of high upside. At the same time, he shies away from big money free agents, and won't pull the trigger on big trades.

Our Dodgers impasse is both frustrating and endlessly entertaining - at your expense. I recognize reality is creeping around the edges of your Dodger understanding. I’ll give you that.

A quick review:
    The Dodgers really aren’t a big money team. Friedman is exactly the guy they wanted and his behavior has been rigidly consistent. He is doing the job he was hired for.

You never read “The Best Team Money Can Buy”. The sad tale of Dodgers ownership. You have a flawed foundation. There are facts your parents never told you.

The Dodgers are not the indulgence of a billionaire like Sawks Henry or Detroit’s now deceased Pizza guy to name two.

You must remind yourself that the Dodgers are largely owned by a privately held insurance enterprise that has been under suspicion for some time.

They are in the annuity business for the most part. Billions are paid in and 30 or 40 years later you fill out a form and hope the money is still there.

The average consumer looks at the company’s rating and places a bet as close to A++ considering the time factor involved. Let’s just say that Walters’ (Guggenheim owner) is the Michael Milken of life insurance annuities. His ratings are B-something.

You are witnessing a three-card monte practitioner. It’s been a while since i went down this rabbit hole and it is headache inducing but let’s just be kind and say Walters is not keeping funds segregated to use poker parlance.

Shit has worked out for him in terms of timing the short term economic cycle. He started his foray with a bankrupt insurance enterprise during the housing crash. The concern that the instant success may have Enron style book keeping elements has always lingered.

Not gonna get into the class action lawsuits and the mysterious dropping of same with non disclosure.

It all doesn’t pass the aroma test.

Look, it’s Hollywood and it’s hard to tell what’s real without help from guys like me. You’re like a child watching CGI Disney movies thinking dogs can dunk basketballs.

I’ll reduce this to simple terms:

Friedman isn’t using some rich guy’s unlimited bankroll to lure Cole or Strasburg. It’s insurance money. Fiduciary responsibility practiced by an enterprise that is under industry scrutiny and puzzlement.

I do not accept the Dodgers current valuation either. You still can’t watch them legally in your living room. Valuation is eyeballs. There is a lot of nonsense there too. Small quibble but it will be revisited some day when our economic cycle turns down. That is usually when fraud is revealed. Madoff anyone? Lol, that was a Mets story... I digress.

Thoughts while shaving. There were 2 more investors recently. $120m? Why? That’s short change. Cash an issue?

I am sufficiently satisfied I have the right read given my research over the years. It has not been a slog and I’m not a martyr cause for the same reasons I’m at PFA ... I enjoy stories of Financial shenanigans.

Twenty years from now your son will tell people he is a long suffering Dodgers fan cause of his father. It’s not too late to give him the future you were denied. Meanwhile, your gonna be trying to collect that Guggenheim life insurance annuity.

Good luck

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sanlmar, that's an entertaining essay as always, but you're missing the main point with Friedman.

He's like the guy who can afford a new car but keeps buying used cars with questionable history, and by the time he is finished spending money on repairs and junking several vehicles, he ended up spending more than had he just bought a new, luxury car in the first place.

Combine the salaries of guys like Joe Kelly and AJ Pollock and you can get a high-end free agent for the same money.

He's one of those guys who is afraid to make large purchases, but doesn't blink before wasting lots of money on several medium sized purchases.

It's time to stop this BS and simply pull the trigger on a Cole type. Even it's at the expense of acquiring some mid-level players he's had his eye on.

Yes, I am aware that the current Dodgers ownership is somewhat frugal, and has basically decided that if the team wins the West and stays under the cap, they've done well enough. However, there is such backlash over what happened this year, they may need to deviate if they don't want fans abandoning them. Their only saving grace might be that Washington went on to win the World Series, so the narrative has shifted from, "We let a wildcard team steal a series from us when we had it mostly locked up in Game 5" to "We were beaten by the eventual World Series champs, who crushed the Cardinals and beat the mighty Astros four times on the road."

Load Metric

He's (Friedman) like the guy who can afford a new car but keeps buying used cars with questionable history, and by the time he is finished spending money on repairs and junking several vehicles, he ended up spending more than had he just bought a new, luxury car in the first place.
    isn’t that what poor people do?

They buy used shit boxes from sketchy used car dealers who practice usury. Dealers who prey on folks with no down payment and no credit.

Po’ folk make bad auto investments cause they have no choice. The furniture in Friedman’s office is rented by the week.

How do you keep widows and orphans who depend on insurance (or their lawyers) from getting alarmed if you pay David Price or Chris Sale money to a pitcher.

The widow appreciates your buying dented cans and week old bread like she does.

John Henry can light dollar bills on fire in persuit of rings. Walters and Friedman cannot. Not really.

It’s unseemly

There is more to this odd Dodger behavior than meets the eye. I hear ticking. Do you?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-06-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Load Metric
    You ever wonder what would have happened if Stan Kroenke together with his even wealthier buddy had bought the Dodgers?

It’s a “back to the future” kinda imagining that still causes me nightmares. I came close to being brutally embarrassed.

Dodgers went with a bloke only worth a paltry billion but sure could write a ballsy bid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's time to stop this BS and simply pull the trigger on a Cole type. Even it's at the expense of acquiring some mid-level players he's had his eye on.
    all it takes is 2 teams for big money bidding against each other. there's potentially 4 thinking the same thing you wrote.

if i were sd or the white sox i would offer 200mil over 5/6 years. he wont take it though..lol..all that will do is make sure he gets 35mil per x8/10

Platinum
    Load Metric
    we posting our guesses for cole so we can have something to either laugh about or go atta boy to somebody..

id be willing to bet boras is gonna want to go to $40 AAV, but I just don't see that happening for a pitcher, even one as dominant as cole...

my guess is around $35...
    7/250

Platinum
    Load Metric
    rendon will be interesting...he turned down 200 from the nats right as the postseason started, I believe...cant remember years, but gonna guess it was 8 and not 10...

was gonna say it would be crazy for him to get 30 AAV, but if my memory is correct and he turned down 8/200, maybe he gets there...

EDIT: I retract that last sentence...forgot that Arenado got a shitton from Colorado last year...8/260...yeah there's no way rendon is getting less than 30 AAV...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 11-06-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Our Dodgers impasse is both frustrating and endlessly entertaining - at your expense. I recognize reality is creeping around the edges of your Dodger understanding. I’ll give you that.

A quick review:
    The Dodgers really aren’t a big money team. Friedman is exactly the guy they wanted and his behavior has been rigidly consistent. He is doing the job he was hired for.

You never read “The Best Team Money Can Buy”. The sad tale of Dodgers ownership. You have a flawed foundation. There are facts your parents never told you.

The Dodgers are not the indulgence of a billionaire like Sawks Henry or Detroit’s now deceased Pizza guy to name two.

You must remind yourself that the Dodgers are largely owned by a privately held insurance enterprise that has been under suspicion for some time.

They are in the annuity business for the most part. Billions are paid in and 30 or 40 years later you fill out a form and hope the money is still there.

The average consumer looks at the company’s rating and places a bet as close to A++ considering the time factor involved. Let’s just say that Walters’ (Guggenheim owner) is the Michael Milken of life insurance annuities. His ratings are B-something.

You are witnessing a three-card monte practitioner. It’s been a while since i went down this rabbit hole and it is headache inducing but let’s just be kind and say Walters is not keeping funds segregated to use poker parlance.

Shit has worked out for him in terms of timing the short term economic cycle. He started his foray with a bankrupt insurance enterprise during the housing crash. The concern that the instant success may have Enron style book keeping elements has always lingered.

Not gonna get into the class action lawsuits and the mysterious dropping of same with non disclosure.

It all doesn’t pass the aroma test.

Look, it’s Hollywood and it’s hard to tell what’s real without help from guys like me. You’re like a child watching CGI Disney movies thinking dogs can dunk basketballs.

I’ll reduce this to simple terms:

Friedman isn’t using some rich guy’s unlimited bankroll to lure Cole or Strasburg. It’s insurance money. Fiduciary responsibility practiced by an enterprise that is under industry scrutiny and puzzlement.

I do not accept the Dodgers current valuation either. You still can’t watch them legally in your living room. Valuation is eyeballs. There is a lot of nonsense there too. Small quibble but it will be revisited some day when our economic cycle turns down. That is usually when fraud is revealed. Madoff anyone? Lol, that was a Mets story... I digress.

Thoughts while shaving. There were 2 more investors recently. $120m? Why? That’s short change. Cash an issue?

I am sufficiently satisfied I have the right read given my research over the years. It has not been a slog and I’m not a martyr cause for the same reasons I’m at PFA ... I enjoy stories of Financial shenanigans.

Twenty years from now your son will tell people he is a long suffering Dodgers fan cause of his father. It’s not too late to give him the future you were denied. Meanwhile, your gonna be trying to collect that Guggenheim life insurance annuity.

Good luck
    are you referring to Ogles v Security Benefit Life Insurance Co et al, U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, No. 18-02265?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    That was one of them. Not enough specific detail was offered it appears. Tough case

There was a similar one maybe a year earlier that was settled and hushed.

It’s clear there is a general feeling out there but it has yet to gain general public interest.

Druff knows I’m just messing around for my own amusement but there is a lot to work with if you are imaginative and bored.

I wouldn’t give my money to this outfit. Like I said, an economic downturn has a way of stress testing and cleansing the world of dirty outfits and over rated baseball teams.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    really hope the mets get didi. they can move rosario to the OF where he belongs.

seems like a good fit for a team that doesn't want to spend a lot of coin.

i'm just big on getting value and didi looks like value, turning into vintage curtis granderson with the bat.

mets might be in play for a 3B as well. not to mention pitching.

no doubt in my mind that it easily could have been the mets winning the ws if they didn't have to overcome what they did last year.

this team is still built to contend and win it all

lol @ mlb for sorting the FA by war

SP is deep. getting a couple could really transform any team. even if it isn't cole

Catchers
    Yasmani Grandal (31 years old, 5.2 WAR)
    Robinson Chirinos (36, 2.3)
    Jason Castro (33, 1.6)
    Travis d’Arnaud (31, 1.6)
    Alex Avila (33, 1.3)
    Russell Martin (37, 1.2)
    Austin Romine (31, 0.9)
    Stephen Vogt (35, 0.9)
    Martín Maldonado (33, 0.8)
    Yan Gomes (32, 0.8)
    Francisco Cervelli (34, 0.1)
    René Rivera (36, 0.0)
    Nick Hundley (36, -0.3)
    Matt Wieters (34, -0.3)
    Bryan Holaday (32, -0.3)
    Drew Butera (36, -0.5)
    Jonathan Lucroy (34, -0.5)
    Chris Iannetta (37, -0.5)
    Welington Castillo (33, -1.0)

First Basemen
    Howie Kendrick (36, 2.9)
    José Abreu (33, 1.9) -- received qualifying offer from CWS (11/4)
    Eric Thames (33, 1.9)
    Mitch Moreland (34, 0.7)
    Neil Walker (34, 0.4)
    Justin Smoak (33, 0.2)
    Logan Forsythe (33, 0.2)
    Ryan Zimmerman (35, 0.1)
    Matt Adams (31, -0.1)
    Logan Morrison (32, -0.1)
    Ryon Healy (28, -0.1)
    Justin Bour (32, -0.4)
    Mark Reynolds (36, -0.8)
    Steve Pearce (37, -0.9)
    Lucas Duda (34, -1.0)
    Yonder Alonso (33, -1.2)

Second Basemen
    Eric Sogard (34 years old, 2.6 WAR)
    Brian Dozier (33, 1.7)
    Jonathan Schoop (28, 1.3)
    Starlin Castro (30, 1.3)
    Brock Holt (32, 1.3)
    Brad Miller (30, 1.2)
    Jason Kipnis (33, 1.1)
    Wilmer Flores (28, 1.1)
    Ben Zobrist (39, 0.2)
    Cory Spangenberg (29, 0.1)
    Gordon Beckham (33, -0.1)
    Hernán Pérez (29, -0.2)
    Yangervis Solarte (32, -0.3)
    Scooter Gennett (30, -0.5)
    Josh Harrison (32, -0.6)
    Chris Owings (28, -0.8)
    Eduardo Nuñez (33, -1.0)

Third Basemen
    Anthony Rendon (30 years old, 7.0 WAR) -- received qualifying offer from WSH (11/4)
    Josh Donaldson (34, 4.9) -- received qualifying offer from ATL (11/4)
    Mike Moustakas (31, 2.8)
    Asdrúbal Cabrera (34, 1.9)
    Todd Frazier (34, 1.9)
    Pablo Sandoval (33, 1.0)
    Sean Rodríguez (35, 0.4)
    Kaleb Cowart (28, -0.2)
    Ryan Flaherty (33, -0.2)
    Jedd Gyorko (31, -0.7)
    Jung Ho Kang (33, -0.9)
    Martín Prado (36, -1.2)

Shortstops
    José Iglesias (30 years old, 1.6 WAR)
    Didi Gregorius (30, 0.9)
    Adeiny Hechavarría (31, 0.7)
    Jordy Mercer (33, 0.6)

Left fielders
    Brett Gardner (36 years old, 3.6 WAR)
    Marcell Ozuna (29, 2.6) -- received qualifying offer from STL (11/4)
    Alex Gordon (36, 1.3)
    Corey Dickerson (31, 1.0)
    Rajai Davis (39, 0.0)
    Gerardo Parra (33, -0.2)
    Peter Bourjos (33, -0.5)
    Carlos González (34, -0.6)
    Matt Kemp (35, -0.8)
    Curtis Granderson (39, -1.4)

Center fielders
    Jarrod Dyson (35, 1.3)
    Billy Hamilton (29, 0.4)
    Carlos Gómez (34, -0.1)
    Mason Williams (28, -0.1)
    Leonys Martin (32, -0.6)
    Keon Broxton (30, -0.8)
    Juan Lagares (31, -0.8)
    Austin Jackson (33, N/A)

Right fielders
    Nicholas Castellanos (28 years old, 2.8 WAR)
    Kole Calhoun (32, 2.5)
    Avisaíl García (29, 1.8)
    Cameron Maybin (33, 1.6)
    Yasiel Puig (29, 1.2)
    Matt Joyce (35, 1.2)
    Adam Jones (34, -0.1)
    Melky Cabrera (35, -0.7)
    Jon Jay (35, -0.9)
    Lonnie Chisenhall (31, N/A)

Designated hitters
    Edwin Encarnación (37, 2.5)
    Hunter Pence (37, 1.8)
    Hanley Ramirez (36, -0.2)
    Mark Trumbo (34, -0.3)
    Kendrys Morales (37, -0.8)

Starting pitchers
    Gerrit Cole (29 years old, 7.4 WAR) -- received qualifying offer from HOU (11/4)
    Stephen Strasburg (31, 5.7) -- opted out of contract; received qualifying offer from WSH (11/4)
    Hyun-Jin Ryu (33, 4.8)
    Zack Wheeler (30, 4.7) -- received qualifying offer from NYM (11/4)
    Jake Odorizzi (30, 4.3) -- received qualifying offer from MIN (11/4)
    Madison Bumgarner (30, 3.2) -- received qualifying offer from SF (11/4)
    Homer Bailey (34, 2.9)
    Michael Pineda (30, 2.7)
    Kyle Gibson (32, 2.5)
    Cole Hamels (36, 2.5)
    Adam Wainwright (38, 2.2)
    Tanner Roark (33, 2.0)
    Wade Miley (33, 2.0)
    Brett Anderson (32, 2.0)
    Iván Nova (33, 2.0)
    Martín Pérez (29, 1.9)
    Andrew Cashner (33, 1.8)
    Jason Vargas (37, 1.8)
    Rick Porcello (31, 1.8)
    Julio Teheran (29, 1.6)
    Jordan Lyles (29, 1.6)
    Gio Gonzalez (34, 1.4)
    Rich Hill (40, 0.9)
    Dallas Keuchel (32, 0.8)
    Matt Moore (31, 0.5)
    Clay Buchholz (35, 0.1)
    Tyson Ross (33, 0.0)
    Félix Hernández (34, -0.1)
    Jhoulys Chacín (32, -0.1)
    Jeremy Hellickson (33, -0.1)
    Odrisamer Despaigne (33, -0.1)
    Michael Wacha (28, -0.2)
    Alex Wood (29, -0.2)
    Edinson Vólquez (36, -0.2)
    Marco Estrada (36, -0.2)
    Shelby Miller (29, -0.2)
    Clayton Richard (36, -0.2)
    Drew Smyly (29, -0.3)
    Wade LeBlanc (35, -0.3)
    Matt Harvey (31, -0.3)
    Héctor Noesi (33, -0.3)
    Ervin Santana (37, -0.4)
    Ross Detwiler (34, -0.6)
    Trevor Cahill (32, -0.8)
    Derek Holland (33, -1.0)
    Edwin Jackson (36, -1.1)

Relief pitchers
    Will Smith (30, 1.2) -- received qualifying offer from SF (11/4)
    Will Harris (35, 1.1)
    Sergio Romo (37, 1.0)
    Chris Martin (34, 1.0)
    Jake Diekman (33, 1.0)
    Daniel Hudson (33, 0.9)
    Sam Dyson (32, 0.9)
    Brandon Kintzler (35, 0.9)
    Drew Pomeranz (31, 0.7)
    Brad Brach (34, 0.7)
    Tyler Clippard (35, 0.7)
    Yoshihisa Hirano (36, 0.5)
    Robbie Erlin (29, 0.5)
    Collin McHugh (33, 0.5)
    Juan Nicasio (33, 0.5)
    Craig Stammen (36, 0.4)
    Fernando Rodney (43, 0.4)
    Joe Smith (36, 0.4)
    David Hernandez (35, 0.3)
    Francisco Liriano (36, 0.3)
    Jeremy Jeffress (32, 0.3)
    Tony Sipp (36, 0.3)
    Cory Gearrin (34, 0.3)
    Steve Cishek (34, 0.2)
    Tommy Hunter (33, 0.2)
    Josh Tomlin (35, 0.2)
    Dellin Betances (32, 0.1)
    Darren O’Day (37, 0.1)
    David Phelps (33, 0.1)
    Luke Gregerson (36, 0.1)
    Aaron Loup (32, 0.1)
    Tommy Milone (33, 0.1)
    Chad Bettis (31, 0.1)
    Nick Vincent (33, 0.1)
    Matt Albers (37, 0.0)
    Jerry Blevins (36, 0.0)
    Xavier Cedeño (33, 0.0)
    Mike Dunn (35, 0.0)
    Pedro Strop (35, 0.0)
    JC Ramírez (31, 0.0)
    Luis Avilán (30, -0.1)
    Greg Holland (34, -0.1)
    Fernando Abad (34, -0.1)
    Héctor Santiago (32, -0.1)
    Nate Jones (34, -0.1)
    Tony Barnette (36, -0.1)
    Tyler Thornburg (31, -0.1)
    Arodys Vizcaíno (29, -0.1)
    Dan Otero (35, -0.1)
    Tyler Lyons (32, -0.1)
    Shawn Kelley (36, -0.2)
    Héctor Rondón (32, -0.2)
    Pat Neshek (39, -0.3)
    Seunghwan Oh (37, -0.3)
    Trevor Rosenthal (30, -0.3)
    Miguel Del Pozo (27, -0.3)
    Wily Peralta (31, -0.4)
    Zach Duke (37, -0.4)
    Jonny Venters (35, -0.4)
    Nick Tropeano (29, -0.4)
    Jared Hughes (34, -0.5)
    Luis García (33, -0.6)
    Anthony Swarzak (34, -0.7)
    Cody Allen (31, -0.7)
    Adam Warren (32, -0.8)
    Derek Holland (33, -1.0)
    Brandon Morrow (35, N/A)
    Josh Fields (34, N/A)
    Bud Norris (35, N/A)
    Addison Reed (31, N/A)
    Tony Cingrani (30, N/A)
    Brian Duensing (37, N/A)
    Last edited by mulva; 11-07-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Load Metric
    While the Twins division title this year was largely offensively fueled, its nuts to see a playoff team have 4 of their 5 starters hit free agency at the same time. Current rotation is Berrios, the guy who was an uber-driver last offseason, top prospect Graterol, and ...........

Odorizzi was offered a QO, and he is in that range of guy who might be smart to take it, although I doubt he will. With those 4 starters and vets Castro and Schoop gone thats about $45 mil off the books from last season, so they can be players for anyone. I'd love to see a run at Cole, but I figure they will wind up with 1 of their own guys back (preferably Odorizzi) and like MadBum and then 1 other lower level FA.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    what's the QO to odorizzi?

if it's anywhere near $15 he should slam dunk take it...I mean if you aint a top guy people aint gonna be clamoring to give you 20+/year...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    what's the QO to odorizzi?

if it's anywhere near $15 he should slam dunk take it...I mean if you aint a top guy people aint gonna be clamoring to give you 20+/year...
    All QO's are the same, this year it's 17.8 milly.

Thread Information