Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel Negreanu was just named WSOP Player of the Year, but many feel the award needs major reform

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Of course, you knew Doug Polk was going to have to troll Daniel about this.

.... and then Matusow, who has recently rekindled his friendship with Daniel, tweeted this:

I've had some people text me in the past week, insisting that it was more likely than not that Daniel knew.

However, I'm still of the belief that Daniel didn't. I'll concede that it's possible he knew, but it's more likely that he didn't. There would simply be no reason to go back and double check the WSOP's work regarding the points, or the list of past events cashed. Up until now, there had never been a known mistake, nor was there reason to suspect there would be one.

Since we don't have any proof that Daniel knew, nor is it obvious that he did, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I think it's unfair to just assume what was in Daniel's head, and then vilify him for it.

Keep in mind that I'm no Negreanu fanboy.

But fair's fair, and I think Negreanu is getting a lot of flak he doesn't deserve.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm a very honest boy and I wouldnt tell a soul if I was in Daniel's gay little shoes.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    i would lay 8-5 danny knew...i would know. I would Wager that most folks know exactly and precisely to the decimal how many Pts they have accumulated .. i would check it regulary to my notebook. I would make a excess wager that Druff would know to the exact how many Pts he had accumulated.
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 11-15-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    i would lay 8-5 danny knew...i would know. I would Wager that most folks know exactly and precisely to the decimal how many Pts they have accumulated .. i would check it regulary to my notebook. I would make a excess wager that Druff would know to the exact how many Pts he had accumulated.
    Yes. Dan Druff stated there was no reason to check for errors. Someone like Daniel would have looked over the list and noticed something that should not have been there because he wanted to make sure nothing was missing. It is important to him and integral to his self-marketing.

Comments

shoeshine box: uhhhhh,he knew...

Load Metric
    Daniel Negreanu knew and Shaun Deeb deserved to be fucked.

Thread Information