Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Sanlmar: Your favorite host, Chicago Joey Ingram, will be on PFA Radio this week

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Attention Sanlmar: Your favorite host, Chicago Joey Ingram, will be on PFA Radio this week

Joey was briefly on the show about 2 years ago, but I got him when he was at a loud cardroom and really distracted, so we didn't get much out of the segment.

This week, we will have the first real segment with Chicago Joey as guest, just talking about things in general.

Love him or hate him, Joey has become one of the most influential people in poker in the late 2010s. Even Andrew Yang has agreed to come on his show at some point. His wide reach and general respect in the poker world allowed him to really blow up the Mike Postle situation, which quickly went from low-energy Twitter theorizing to a full blown, high-profile scandal.

I respected the hard work he put in regarding the Postle scandal. Sure, it got him more notoriety and views, but he could have achieved the same with about 10% of the effort. He spent an insane number of hours reviewing hands on his own, and then spent 6 hours per night presenting them to the public. By the time he was done, everyone was sure that Postle was cheating.

I also respected his exposure of the abusive "WSOP hallway cell phone case guys", who spent years hassling players and sexually harassing women. While I had complained about them in a prior year and got a temporary fix to the situation, Joey's huge expose on the matter really changed the rules the WSOP placed upon these guys.

Anyway, if you have any questions for Joey, post them in this thread, and I may ask them.

Comments

JSTAT: BANG BANG

Tellafriend: Will start listening again

Sanlmar: I’m all in

unchainedghost: Pos

MumblesBadly: *exposé

1marley1: Good interview.

Load Metric
    How much did you make in youtube donations from the Postel videos. (you deserve them, just curious and want to make Druff jelly)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    How much did you make in youtube donations from the Postel videos. (you deserve them, just curious and want to make Druff jelly)
    That's a good question

Load Metric
    has anyone ever told you that you look like doug polks prettier younger sister

Comments

Sanlmar: First laugh of the day

Bronze
    Load Metric
    OSA would like to know if he's a top or a bottom.

Load Metric
    How many WSOP bracelets has he won?
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    My favourite host too. And you say "love him or hate him" but I can't imagine why anyone would hate him? Unless your name is Mike Postle or Phil Nagy.

Load Metric

The list of PFA guests is limited & exclusive. Listeners have always wanted moar.

Druff has a thing about inviting guests. The process itself of reaching out to that person appears to fill Druff with some kind of inner conflict. He has informally admitted same. It’s a Druff insight that is intriguing.

That said, Joey should take pride in making his way onto a very limited and exclusive list that reaches back almost a decade.

I was most interested when your conversation with Veronica went beyond the scandal. For example, she was a nurse in prior life. She hinted at her politics and temperament. Who was she as a person and how did that perhaps color her response to what she witnessed. She was not a poker player first and foremost we learned. She did not regard herself that way.

The Postle details have been well chronicled. Interview Joey! Randomize the deck.

Great interviews like all great art make you feel differently about the subject than you did previously.

Load Metric
    Chicago Joey is a great get.

But, let's hope Druff lets Joey be the focus, Joey is the news now...

I don't want to hear about Druff and his Abosolute Poker/Ultimate Bet involvement--Druff has a habit to trying to establish a link with a guest by telling of similar experiences, but winds up going on too long about himself; Druff means well, but it comes off wrong.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The list of PFA guests is limited & exclusive. Listeners have always wanted moar.

Druff has a thing about inviting guests. The process itself of reaching out to that person appears to fill Druff with some kind of inner conflict. He has informally admitted same. It’s a Druff insight that is intriguing.

That said, Joey should take pride in making his way onto a very limited and exclusive list that reaches back almost a decade.

I was most interested when your conversation with Veronica went beyond the scandal. For example, she was a nurse in prior life. She hinted at her politics and temperament. Who was she as a person and how did that perhaps color her response to what she witnessed. She was not a poker player first and foremost we learned. She did not regard herself that way.

The Postle details have been well chronicled. Interview Joey! Randomize the deck.

Great interviews like all great art make you feel differently about the subject than you did previously.

My fav part of the Veronica interview was when Druff was like, ‘tell these fools how you didn’t mind me commenting on your looks in a story about poker’ and she was like, ‘if I had to stop and explain to every misogynistic ass why they’re a misogynistic ass...’ and Druff was like, ‘yeah’.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

My fav part of the Veronica interview was when Druff was like, ‘tell these fools how you didn’t mind me commenting on your looks in a story about poker’ and she was like, ‘if I had to stop and explain to every misogynistic ass why they’re a misogynistic ass...’ and Druff was like, ‘yeah’.
    Yeah, special times.

I’m worried that Joey will review past PFA interviews with the same rigor he applied to the Postle hand histories.

I’m gonna listen to the show with my iPad between my legs. Same as OSA.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    My favourite host too. And you say "love him or hate him" but I can't imagine why anyone would hate him? Unless your name is Mike Postle or Phil Nagy.
    "Hate" is a strong word. I agree that he doesn't have many people who HATE him (though Negreanu is getting there), but there are some who don't care for his broadcast style. The subject of this thread was actually sarcastic, as Sanlmar has previously indicated that he doesn't care for Joey's show.

Joey does have the most popular internet poker show to my knowledge, and he's really risen in relevance over the past few years. He's definitely doing something right.

We've been talking privately lately about AP/UB, as he wasn't around in those days, and he's very fascinated by the whole thing. I gotta admire that about Joey. He really loves to delve into these topics and learn about them, even ones like AP/UB which are very old news.

He had a great work ethic with the Postle thing. Rather than saying to himself, "I'm going to do a half-ass live show and exploit this for publicity", he spent an astonishing number of hours researching it and watching videos before even coming on for the first time, and then continued to dedicate every waking moment to it. Even his girlfriend complained that he was completely checked out of everything else during that time.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I honestly thought Joey was gay the 1st time I watched one of his YouTube vids. Lots of "papis" he has gotten less gay over the years tho. Good content lately

Load Metric
    Isn't Joey Ingram just another foul-mouth, kiss-ass, over-rated radio host?

But unlike Druff, Joey Ingram actually makes a profit from his show.

How about a segment about women's breasts in poker and do women with the biggest tits make the most money?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff, please spoiler the pic in this comment. The way that chick is fondling that chip stack, not sure it’s

Load Metric
    Hey Druff, just a small detail re: Chicago Joey & PFA Radio:

What day & time is the show scheduled?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Friday night. Probably have him on around 9:30pm PT.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: thx

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Friday night. Probably have him on around 9:30pm PT.

So, he'll be on about half an hour before the show starts?

Name:  lol11.gif
Views: 368
Size:  437.6 KB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Oh awesome Joey doesn't know about the UB/AP scandal.

Hopefully Druff talks for a solid 4 hours about that while Joey listens.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Oh awesome Joey doesn't know about the UB/AP scandal.

Hopefully Druff talks for a solid 4 hours about that while Joey listens.
    Believe it or not, despite Joey's eagerness to learn about it, I'm going to avoid the AP/UB topic. I'd rather talk with Joey about that privately, or go on his show to do it.

I really want the interview to be about him.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: if you do, that will also be newsworthy...good luck!

Load Metric
    Has Ben ever seen you in a wife beater tank top?

First line has got to be, “what are you wearing?”

Exactly how committed to this are you? We will see.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: LOL Classic Rep

Thread Information