Thread: Question for Garrett

Load Metric

Question for Garrett

Hey garrett I need your advice on 80 year old hardwood floors. Structurally perfect but has areas of stains. Is there a way of fixing or does the whole kit and kaboodle need done?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Hey garrett I need your advice on 80 year old hardwood floors. Structurally perfect but has areas of stains. Is there a way of fixing or does the whole kit and kaboodle need done?
    Solid hardwood that also has deep/dark animal stains or any stains, needs to be stained and refinished. And floor sanders are big time hit or miss, so highly recommend a known great floor sander if you do have to use one. Some really are better than some as its a real Skilled labor and difficult so the people who do it are often a little rough around the edges maybe. Sounds like dark stains were animal pee, and maybe on an area rug that was there and sat for years, thats soaks into the wood making dark stains in the hardwood in spots. The only was to get dark stains out is too resand/refinish the floor but also after thats done correctly. Darker stains are a great remedy for deep dark color animal stains in the hardwood floors so a brownish toned stain say like Golden oak or more red like Golden Pecan will blend in them deep dark in the hardwoods animal stain spots, stain makes it not noticeable and stained hardwood floors with the right stain colors, and done right, great are very nice. And can go with that homes decor and also your furniture, so what color you use if you have to in order to blend possible animal stains needs to also work with your planned home.

Let me also i just saw this here but dark stains in hardwoods are usual animal stains and they have to be sanded down and out, then if they are still noticeable to blend it in really good you can choose to use a nice stain color and go that direction, and stained are nice def and fix that. Let me know and if i see a picture ill be able to tell you for sure what i think. Nice to talk to you again Spite hope all is well there of course, ill keep an eye out here now that i saw this thread now for sure.

Hope all is well there for you..

Comments

Sloppy Joe: MASTERCLASS

FRANKRIZZO:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

look, nobody really wants to hear about you trying to clean up your grotesque godforsaken urine stains from your leaky snatch hole that stained the property you "bought". But I will give Garrett credit here for giving solid advice on treating several types of animal stains.

we STILL have yet to see pics of this place. you are rapidly losing what miniscule amount of credibility you had left (if there was any) by dodging questions that were asked months ago. but yeah, tell us more about the piss stains you have to deal with...

Load Metric
    wonder if you read that by now
    Last edited by garrett; 07-14-2022 at 09:32 AM.

Load Metric
    Obviously God-like advice generously provided from PFA's finest member but seems like a waste of money unless you're looking to flip.

No friends or family to speak of that will ever visit and only a matter of time before Jesus can't fill the empty void and a bottle of gut rot vodka replaces the gym as a coping mechanism. Just load up on liquor now in the event inflation doesn't slow down.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    FWIW I was pretty drunk when I wrote that lol.

Thread Information