Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lebron with one of the all time worst takes by any athlete ever

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I don't think he lost his common sense for a moment. I think he had a team, and they sat down and deliberated and decided him issuing this statement was the most +EV move for his brand.

His brand would take a little bit of a hit here, but that would be mitigated by the massive hit he would have taken in the Chinese market if he has said nothing or had a different statement.

So basically damage control in a perceived no-win situation.

Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong. But I don't think it was uncalculated at all.

I don’t think so, but you could be right. The length of time after the incident suggests you’re right, but he’s careful with language, and his statement was incredibly poor, so if it was a calculated move, it was the Dallas finals with the Heat level of fail as far as statements go, and he’s choked in games, but rarely at the mic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don't think he lost his common sense for a moment. I think he had a team, and they sat down and deliberated and decided him issuing this statement was the most +EV move for his brand.

His brand would take a little bit of a hit here, but that would be mitigated by the massive hit he would have taken in the Chinese market if he has said nothing or had a different statement.

Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong. But I don't think it was uncalculated at all.

I don’t think so, but you could be right. The length of time after the incident suggests you’re right, but he’s careful with language, and his statement was incredibly poor, so if it was a calculated move, it was the Dallas finals with the Heat level of fail as far as statements go, and he’s choked in games, but rarely at the mic.
    I want to understand you.

You are saying typically LeBron is clear and coherent when he communicates. I’ve never read him before. Cause his recent tweets are incomprehensible & illiterate. I have to reread 12x to divine his meaning.

I cannot imagine a staff helping him with this.

I would have to guess his tweets were an emotional response in the moment. Like a 12 year old girl.

However, subsequent tweets have been equally unintelligible.

LeBron is a fool.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I want to understand you.

You are saying typically LeBron is clear and coherent when he communicates. I’ve never read him before. Cause his recent tweets are incomprehensible & illiterate. I have to reread 12x to divine his meaning.

I cannot imagine a staff helping him with this.

I would have to guess his tweets were an emotional response in the moment. Like a 12 year old girl.

However, subsequent tweets have been equally unintelligible.

LeBron is a fool.

I have paid zero attention to his tweets or comments regarding Trump or black lives matter or any of that shit, so maybe I’ve simply missed it. Come to think of it, what I’m basing it on is a thousand post game interviews I’ve watched which are off the cuff, and when it comes to talking basketball and simply his recall regarding every minute of a game, he’s always on point. I know you hate him and it seems to irritate you if I say he’s basically a selfish sociopath who usually isn’t retarded-that’s too much praise- but he usually isn’t retarded when speaking. I don’t know about Twitter. I have only seen twitter quoted in regards to any human alive. That shit is of no interest to me.

Load Metric
    aaaaaaaaaand ive come all the way around as the lakers are laying fucking waste to golden state fuck it were the most unlikable team in the league anyway suck our dicks lebron wants to be a communist FIIIIINE Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 124
Size:  2.41 MB

Load Metric

I think it was calculated. He's a company man.

He probably didn't articulate it quite like he wanted to, but the message was clear.

The Kaepernick kneeling was avoided by the NBA because Lebron came out and said he would always stand, and the league followed suit. The culture around the NBA is inordinately more liberal than the NFL, but they saw how the bottom line would be affected.

So sure, it's easy throw on a hoodie for Trayvon and comdemn Donald Sterling. But when the stakes are high, the league can count on Lebron to set the tone.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information