Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lebron with one of the all time worst takes by any athlete ever

Load Metric

lebron with one of the all time worst takes by any athlete ever

"I don't want to get into a [verbal] feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke... I believe he was either misinformed or not really educated on the situation, and if he was, then so be it," James said.

yep, lebron just called daryl morey "misinformed" for supporting hong kong against the communist chinese aggression.

he will absolutely never live this down. he must have hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, as the only other possibility for such a fucking absurd position is that china forced the lakers to attend mandatory re-education camp before leaving

trump should crush him on twitter over this

Load Metric
    Perhaps Lebron just meant he was misinformed as in he didn't read the memo to keep his mouth shut.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Name:  vdsmy3c1sms31.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  41.8 KB

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Trump loves authoritarian leaders who give his children favorable tariff and trademark treatment.

thesidedish: Mumbles thinks getting a trademark in China is hard

Load Metric
    The Hong Kong protests are a joint CIA/Mossad operation.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Communists buy shoes too.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I could be wrong, but I don't recall Harden being all woke and faux outraged with all the civil rights nonsense like Lebron. I don't really see him not wanting to get involved as hypocrisy.

Load Metric
    If LeBron spent more time playing blackjack like Jordan maybe he wouldn’t have these problems.

Comments

thesidedish: LEBRON IS NOT GOD

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Fucking HOF/Jordan Is The GOAT Rep

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't recall Harden being all woke and faux outraged with all the civil rights nonsense like Lebron. I don't really see him not wanting to get involved as hypocrisy.

He did a little damage control right after his owner's faux pas

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In other news, Lebrons new hair is looking real good.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    If LeBron spent more time playing blackjack like Jordan maybe he wouldn’t have these problems.
    Michael Jordan goes down for an all night bender in AC during a playoff series against the knicks and still smashes the shit outta them...

https://www.jackpot.co.uk/features/2...t-nba-playoffs

nowadays NBA players complain that they don't get enough rest...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...dy-knows-about

this is why Jordan is and will always be the undisputed GOAT...

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    In other news, Lebrons new hair is looking real good.
    It's a manweave.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Name:  vdsmy3c1sms31.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  41.8 KB
    Agree except for Kaepernick. He hasn't said anything pro-China, has he?

I'm not impressed by people who are "woke" up to the point where it costs them money.

Comments

thesidedish: he would. need him in there for the kneeling

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    in b4 jimmy comes to defend and slurp it up
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    as an absolute laker dick suck aka listening to chicky baby on the radio as a kid with my dad i have to somehow defend this im just going with hes an idiot and jet lag and obv didnt mean to literally put his his business out in front or to throw people getting tear gassed under the bus because they dont look like him on the oppression scale

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    as an absolute laker dick suck aka listening to chicky baby on the radio as a kid with my dad i have to somehow defend this im just going with hes an idiot and jet lag and obv didnt mean to literally put his his business out in front or to throw people getting tear gassed under the bus because they dont look like him on the oppression scale

the guy's a fkn gasbag of the highest order. he thinks hes so smart he invented TACO TUESDAY

Load Metric
    I’m kind of surprised he got caught like this showing his true colors. His mo is always to be passive-aggressive and issue statements by proxy through his lackeys. He’s always been a transparent narcissist if you’re paying attention, but great at not saying the wrong thing.

I mean Chosen One tattoos and King James shit before he walked into the league would have destroyed pretty much anyone if they didn’t end up being a top 2 all time player and living up to the hype. He’s also incredibly unselfish on the court which has helped maintain his image. Always incredibly efficient.

I heard Zach Lowe talking about the issue and he said one of his teammates already lost $1 million from a Chinese company. I was kind of half listening and didn’t hear who. I’m thinking his desire to maintain his image as a player advocate overwhelmed his common sense for a moment. Him involved in the union was always self-serving. Basically just to protect his and other superstars’ salaries, not for the betterment of the average player.

Clearly he realized his misstep and tried to walk it back, but it’s irrelevant. For anyone paying attention, they already knew he was always about himself. He just happens to be a savant at basketball. It won’t haunt him because he’s seen as an advocate for primarily black causes, and the reality is this won’t hurt him a bit because for all the talk of black America fighting the oppressor, the only time they really give a fuck is when it involves other black people. It isn’t like all the talk in the hood barbershop today is about the Kurds getting slaughtered. They wouldn’t even know what the fuck you’re talking about, but they certainly know about the chick getting shot in Texas.

I mean I’m not losing sleep over the Kurds or oppression in Hong Kong either. I’m largely self-interested like 98% of people. As a white person I’m just better at faking it. Usually Lebrun is too. I can buy jet lag or whatever for Forgetting to put his costume on.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't think he lost his common sense for a moment. I think he had a team, and they sat down and deliberated and decided him issuing this statement was the most +EV move for his brand.

His brand would take a little bit of a hit here, but that would be mitigated by the massive hit he would have taken in the Chinese market if he has said nothing or had a different statement.

So basically damage control in a perceived no-win situation.

Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong. But I don't think it was uncalculated at all.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 10-16-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Thread Information