Thread: "Saved by the Bell" creator Sam Bobrick dead at age 87

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

"Saved by the Bell" creator Sam Bobrick dead at age 87

Sam Bobrick isn't all that famous, but he had a lot of behind-the-scenes credits in Hollywood.

However, his most famous work is one which isn't exactly distinguished: He's the creator of "Saved By the Bell".

The show originally started as a Saturday morning Disney Channel show called "Good Morning Miss Bliss", which after a year on the air, was converted into the much more viable "Saved by the Bell".

While on its surface, Saved by the Bell appears to be a campy kids' show, it was actually brilliant.

Its simplicity, upbeat tone, and colorful late-1980s visuals made the show very likable. Even if you wanted to hate it, you found it difficult to do so after viewing a few episodes. Despite taking place in what is supposed to be a wealthy seaside southern California city, the show was unpretentious and easy to relate to, especially for young people at the time.

Keep in mind that Bobrick created "Saved by the Bell" at age 57, which is pretty impressive given that it becomes increasingly difficult to appeal to teenagers the farther you get from being one yourself. I would have no idea how to write for a teenage audience at this point of my life.

Even the opening theme was catchy and fun.

This praise is NOT applicable to "Saved by the Bell: The College Years", which was an abomination devoid of all the charm the original series had.

Comments

DirtyErnie:

Load Metric
    The facts of life are about you

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I just recently realized that Screech lives only a short drive away from me. In fact, I occasionally hammer on some monster salmon from a pier about 3 minutes away from his home.

I realize some of you are probably like, so? lol

We just don't get alot of higher profile people in our area of the country. I mean, who the fuck really wants to live in Wisconsin? I was born here and am pretty used to it, but I just dont hear about many people who want to move here...especially from places like Cali.

Load Metric
    While Bobrick didn’t make this movie, the immense career boost it gave Elizabeth Berkley helped her to subsequently land the lead in one of the greatest master(bate)pieces in major studio film history during the home VHS viewing era.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I spent a lot of time on this programme 1,2,3. 3,1,2 etc

Twenty odd years later... It's dark hair , black one , blonde... No homo...
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Thread Information