Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 -- finally a flight simulator with endless realistic-looking scenery

Blog Entries

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 -- finally a flight simulator with endless realistic-looking scenery

After playing Flight Simulator from the '80s through early '90s, I abandoned it because I got tired of the fact that the scenery basically sucked. I felt that one day I'd come back to it in the distant future when I could fly around the world and see realistic scenery everywhere. I remember wondering how they would manage that, even if storage capabilities vastly increased.

Well, the time has come.

Next year, Microsoft will release Flight Simulator 2020, which loads scenery directly from the internet, and the quality of the resolution will be based upon your connection. Since it's dynamically loading, there's no limit of what can be provided, meaning you can fly anywhere in the world and see a realistic depiction of scenery there, provided that they have generated it properly from available imagery.

This will also have greatly improved weather and cloud cover, and supposedly this is going to be the most realistic PC flying experience by a wide margin.

When this thing finally drops, I think I will buy a good controller for it and jump back into the flight simulator world.

Comments

sonatine: I was reading about this as well and I am _in_.

I've been using X Plane but this is exactly what I want. I'm gonna need a faster computer, 3 monitors. Christmas is coming up
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    I've been using X Plane but this is exactly what I want. I'm gonna need a faster computer, 3 monitors. Christmas is coming up

honestly if someone can get this wrapped in a VR framework its going to be amazing. especially if there is a multiplayer version where every edgy teenager in the world is flying into the remaining World Trade Center buildings 24/7.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

John F Kennedy had no business flying at night as he didn't haven hardly any experience at night and suffered spatial disorientation .

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

honestly if someone can get this wrapped in a VR framework its going to be amazing. especially if there is a multiplayer version where every edgy teenager in the world is flying into the remaining World Trade Center buildings 24/7.
    Frankly, Im going to wait until a version of the software that includes the option of VR-joining the Mile High Club with a catfishing overweight computer nerd comes out.

Comments

limitles: There's the man woah
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:

ME

More round-Earth propaganda

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: based

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    /QUOTE]

flight simulator multiplayer is always a little uncomfortable because there are guys larping as air traffic control or serious pilots and they are all saying numbers and shit on the microphone. but i look hella forward to them applying this technology to their next COMBAT flight simulator title
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

After playing Flight Simulator from the '80s through early '90s, I abandoned it because I got tired of the fact that the scenery basically sucked. I felt that one day I'd come back to it in the distant future when I could fly around the world and see realistic scenery everywhere. I remember wondering how they would manage that, even if storage capabilities vastly increased.

Well, the time has come.

Next year, Microsoft will release Flight Simulator 2020, which loads scenery directly from the internet, and the quality of the resolution will be based upon your connection. Since it's dynamically loading, there's no limit of what can be provided, meaning you can fly anywhere in the world and see a realistic depiction of scenery there, provided that they have generated it properly from available imagery.

This will also have greatly improved weather and cloud cover, and supposedly this is going to be the most realistic PC flying experience by a wide margin.

When this thing finally drops, I think I will buy a good controller for it and jump back into the flight simulator world.
    Much the same, really looking forward to it. I think a good stick / HOTAS would be a worthwhile investment to make it even better.

There's discussion about extensive support for home cockpit setups which opens up some solid possibilities as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    "So, yeah. I'm definitely a total fucking retard".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt
    NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information