Thread: Jonathan Little's 7-question quiz: What would you do in these hands against Mike Postle (or any superuser)?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Jonathan Little's 7-question quiz: What would you do in these hands against Mike Postle (or any superuser)?

https://pokercoaching.com/poker-quiz...t-mike-postle/

I got 5/7 on this quiz, though I don't really agree with his reasoning in the two I got wrong. Spoilers below.

#2 I said you should lead 9bb, "correct" is 45bb. I feel 9bb is more because he is laying down everything but 2 pair or a flush draw here if you lead 45bb, as it wouldn't be suspicious to do so, but he's probably calling 9bb for "show", allowing you to extract value. You aren't afraid of all that much here beating you on the river, aside from the flush. I would actually go for leading more than 9bb but less than 45bb, but that wasn't a choice.

#6 I said you should bet 20bb, "correct" is 10bb. This is for the reverse reason. Here your AA overpair hand is vulnerable to a lot of things on the turn and river, but not likely behind at the moment. So you should charge Postle a lot right here, rather than letting him spike 2 pair or some weird straight for cheap.

How did you do on the quiz?

Load Metric
    DON'T CLICK DRUFF'S LINK IF YOU WANT TO TAKE THE QUIZ.

druff, you linked directly to the answers. might wanna edit that and replace with https://pokercoaching.com/poker-quiz...t-mike-postle/

--------

Druff's note: Fixed. You can click either link now.

Comments

Dan Druff: damnit. fixed
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 10-08-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    https://pokercoaching.com/poker-quiz...-quiz-answers/

I got 5/7 on this quiz, though I don't really agree with his reasoning in the two I got wrong. Spoilers below.

#2 I said you should lead 9bb, "correct" is 45bb. I feel 9bb is more because he is laying down everything but 2 pair or a flush draw here if you lead 45bb, as it wouldn't be suspicious to do so, but he's probably calling 9bb for "show", allowing you to extract value. You aren't afraid of all that much here beating you on the river, aside from the flush. I would actually go for leading more than 9bb but less than 45bb, but that wasn't a choice.

#6 I said you should bet 20bb, "correct" is 10bb. This is for the reverse reason. Here your AA overpair hand is vulnerable to a lot of things on the turn and river, but not likely behind at the moment. So you should charge Postle a lot right here, rather than letting him spike 2 pair or some weird straight for cheap.

How did you do on the quiz?
    4 outta 7. #2 i said 45 bb...#6 i got "right".
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 10-08-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Load Metric
    Cant wait to see why I got wrong what I did.. Im going under the assumption the dick knows what I have so I figure one way is to be uber aggro with his ass especially with the Pocket As.. Make him have to pay to play which would likely expose his ass for what he was doing.. I readily admit the answers I gave were viewed incorrectly but again Im playing Devils Advocate and with insider knowledge he knows what I have but obviously I dont know what he was..

Thread Information