Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Facebook may have just handed Trump the 2020 election

  1. #1
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6131
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,843

    Facebook may have just handed Trump the 2020 election

    So up until last week, Facebook's ad policy was very straight forward; 'no lies or false information'.

    And then, incredibly, they changed that. Now, political ads are exempt from that rule.

    Seriously.

    Trump's currently spending $1.6 million a WEEK running an ad series on FB that's been demonstrably proven to be total fiction by FB's own third party fact checker:

    Name:  EF9wsgbXUAAyPkV.jpeg
Views: 393
Size:  158.7 KB

    Honestly this shit is wild af.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs



    http://www.lolstockaments.com/

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5143
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,244
    Blog Entries
    2
    I should really start subscribing to e-mail lists for the other candidates.

    The e-mails I get from "Trump" asking me for money (which are clearly written by someone else) are hilarious. Like, lowest common denominator stuff.

    But I have to suspect that the Democratic candidates' fundraising emails are equally stupid.

    Anyway, that's the type of stuff you're seeing in the political ads. Interesting that Facebook changed their policy. Probably because they are not making nearly as much money since being pressured into change their data policies after the Cambridge Analytica scandal, which then had the side effect of killing a lot of their revenue.

    It's really a scummy company all around. Once again, money rules all with Facebook, even if it means helping Trump, whom they hate.

  3. #3
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6131
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,843
    it feels like this is a fuck you to warren, basically.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Coge
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs



    http://www.lolstockaments.com/

  4. #4
    (((berg’d)))

  5. #5
    it feels more like a fuck you to ethics and standards and decency in general.

  6. #6
    Can't Post
    Reputation
    1209
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    12,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I should really start subscribing to e-mail lists for the other candidates.

    The e-mails I get from "Trump" asking me for money (which are clearly written by someone else) are hilarious. Like, lowest common denominator stuff.

    But I have to suspect that the Democratic candidates' fundraising emails are equally stupid.

    Anyway, that's the type of stuff you're seeing in the political ads. Interesting that Facebook changed their policy. Probably because they are not making nearly as much money since being pressured into change their data policies after the Cambridge Analytica scandal, which then had the side effect of killing a lot of their revenue.

    It's really a scummy company all around. Once again, money rules all with Facebook, even if it means helping Trump, whom they hate.
    You mean there are no spelling mistakes?

  7. #7
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -78
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,831
    Don’t worry. Facebook still lets the truth come through. At least for now.

    Name:  20242331-471E-4761-963B-3D7A0013278E.jpeg
Views: 331
Size:  180.6 KB

     
    Comments
      
      TheXFactor: The Republicans are crazy enough to elect Hannibal Lector.
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  8. #8
    Diamond mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    425
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,999
    Blog Entries
    4
    joe biden...lol..it was a good run.

    everybody knows that deal with his son isn't on the up and up. the clinton's are still brokering deals like this and receiving wads of cash


    frikken amazing that most of the avg peeps can relate more to trump than any democratic candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.



  9. #9
    Platinum duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    575
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,074
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    joe biden...lol..it was a good run.

    everybody knows that deal with his son isn't on the up and up. the clinton's are still brokering deals like this and receiving wads of cash
    Wow. Hannity somehow got hold of these emails that actually do fuck Biden.







    To: Hunter Biden

    Good morning

    Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

    The Crown prosecutor of Ukraine met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Biden campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Trump and his dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

    This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Ukraine and its government's support for Mr. Biden - helped along by Aras and Emin.

    What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

    I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.




    Thanks I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

    Best,

    Hunter

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: nice

  10. #10
    Honestly tine, from a completely not-politically involved person's perspective....I think the democrats, politicians and voters alike, are handing Trump his reelection on a solid gold platter.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: The worst America has to offer in competition on Nov 2. It’s miraculous how it works now
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    it feels more like a fuck you to ethics and standards and decency in general.

    Name:  k4omNCD.gif
Views: 292
Size:  1.42 MB


    That was out the window a long, long time ago.

  12. #12
    If politics is the asshole of America then Facebook is the taint

     
    Comments
      
      Tellafriend: i'm proud to have never had a fb page

  13. #13
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6131
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,843
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Honestly tine, from a completely not-politically involved person's perspective....I think the democrats, politicians and voters alike, are handing Trump his reelection on a solid gold platter.

    trump is incapable of comporting himself in a way that offers alternatives to whats at bar, so things have to happen. i dont see the alternatives.

    the only part of this thats a self inflicted wound is the lack of viable candidates for 2020.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs



    http://www.lolstockaments.com/

  14. #14
    your dad may have just handed me his dick

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: dont be afraid to hand him your heart
      
      splitthis: Lol

  15. #15
    Handed the election to Trump, lets hope so.

  16. #16
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6131
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27,843
    paypal just dropped out of fb's cryptocurrency program.


    if you can find a betting line on zuck being thrown off the board, you might want to load up.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs



    http://www.lolstockaments.com/

  17. #17
    Platinum duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    575
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,074
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    paypal just dropped out of fb's cryptocurrency program.


    if you can find a betting line on zuck being thrown off the board, you might want to load up.
    Is this possible? I thought he had too many shares or something.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    paypal just dropped out of fb's cryptocurrency program.


    if you can find a betting line on zuck being thrown off the board, you might want to load up.
    Is this possible? I thought he had too many shares or something.
    correct, zuckerberg's stock gives him something like 60-65% of all votes

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Dual class stock, baby!
      
      sonatine: mea culpa

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-20-2019, 11:58 PM
  2. Trump wins in 2020
    By limitles in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2019, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-14-2018, 10:49 AM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-24-2017, 10:38 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 07:03 PM