Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones livestream player Mike Postle accused of "live superusing"

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I dated a girl in the Sacramento area briefly a few years ago, thus spending a fair bit of time playing at TV. Played with Lon several times, and always regarded him as a super nice guy and a class act..

Guess I was wrong. Very disappointed (and surprised) to see him take this position.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by go_buccos View Post
    I dated a girl in the Sacramento area briefly a few years ago, thus spending a fair bit of time playing at TV. Played with Lon several times, and always regarded him as a super nice guy and a class act..

Guess I was wrong. Very disappointed (and surprised) to see him take this position.
    It's not surprising, he is on Stone's pay roll ... lol

Load Metric
    I was surprised to see that Wikipedia has Lon being 62-63. I figured him to be in his late 60s at least. What I have noticed over the last few years of the WSOP Main Event streaming live is that Lon has been making an increasing amount of mistakes for years. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but it gets worse and worse each year. He reads the board wrong, loses track of the action, forgets player’s names etc. He has been doing this enough for me to think he’s really lost more than just his fastball.

My theory is he clearly has relationship(s) with people high up at Stones. Those people have probably told Lon everything is fine & if he wouldn’t mind talking up (shilling) for the joint to please do so. Lon has (maybe had after today) a reputation as a really nice guy in the community. I think he’s sort of been unwittingly sent out to try and spin what we know can’t be spun.

Circling back to his mental state I hope I’m not coming off ageist here. What I’ve noticed is as people get to a certain point their ability or even desire to think critically or re-evaluate their loyalties becomes basically non-existent. If I had to guess this is what happened to Lon. He didn’t watch Joey’s streams, he is totally out of touch with the community on this and these people connected to Stones have taken advantage of that fact. If I’m right shame on those fuckers that put him up to it.

Or maybe Lon is a paid shill & has really been Keyser Soze this whole time.
    Last edited by JeffDime; 04-18-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by go_buccos View Post

Correct:

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-new...-lon-mceachern

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I was surprised to see that Wikipedia has Lon being 62-63. I figured him to be in his late 60s at least. What I have noticed over the last few years of the WSOP Main Event streaming live is that Lon has been making an increasing amount of mistakes for years. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but it gets worse and worse each year. He reads the board wrong, loses track of the action, forgets player’s names etc. He has been doing this enough for me to think he’s really lost more than just his fastball.

My theory is he clearly has relationship(s) with people high up at Stones. Those people have probably told Lon everything is fine & if he wouldn’t mind talking up (shilling) for the joint to please do so. Lon has (maybe had after today) a reputation as a really nice guy in the community. I think he’s sort of been unwittingly sent out to try and spin what we know can’t be spun.

Circling back to his mental state I hope I’m not coming off ageist here. What I’ve noticed is as people get to a certain point their ability or even desire to think critically or re-evaluate their loyalties becomes basically non-existent. If I had to guess this is what happened to Lon. He didn’t watch Joey’s streams, he is totally out of touch with the community on this and these people connected to Stones have taken advantage of that fact. If I’m right shame on those fuckers that put him up to it.

Or maybe Lon is a paid shill & has really been Keyser Soze this whole time.
    No, he's literally a paid shill ...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

Correct:

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-new...-lon-mceachern
    Makes more sense now.

Still would be nice if SOMEONE affiliated with Stones would have the balls to say "hey, we fucked up. We'll fix it going forward."

I guess given the legal corner they've backed themselves into now, that really can't happen.

Load Metric
    So Lon is done having anything to do with hole card commentary.

Kind of sad but I guess he was done anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lon is the type of person that would write for sports illustrated.

if you don't know wut that means lol@ u
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mac Verstandig is now making most (but not all) documents related to the case available on his website: https://mbvesq.com/e-d-cal-litigation

The most recent documents posted were from April 28.

DE 054 is a motion for sanctions against Postle for having an attorney "ghostwrite" his response. I never thought this was any kind of violation under California law, but Mac claims it is. Guess we will see.

DE 055 is their opposition to Postle's motion to dismiss the case. I am guessing that this opposition will be successful, and the motion to dismiss will be denied.

Load Metric
    Postle must have some serious cabin fever by now. He was basically self-isolating many months before he legally had to under California law. Still all and all the pandemic is kind of a lucky break for him as more time passes naturally interest in the case fades a bit which is part of what he is hoping for I’m sure.

I am curious if he filed for unemployment benefits as a poker player using partly the money he won at Stones on his 2019 tax return. If approved he would be getting the maximum under California law plus the federal $600 week on top of that. I wouldn’t put it past a guy like him whose money faucet was turned off a while ago.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Postle must have some serious cabin fever by now. He was basically self-isolating many months before he legally had to under California law. Still all and all the pandemic is kind of a lucky break for him as more time passes naturally interest in the case fades a bit which is part of what he is hoping for I’m sure.

I am curious if he filed for unemployment benefits as a poker player using partly the money he won at Stones on his 2019 tax return. If approved he would be getting the maximum under California law plus the federal $600 week on top of that. I wouldn’t put it past a guy like him whose money faucet was turned off a while ago.
    I don't know about unemployment, but I would bet a $100 against a doughnut that he did it for the EIDL and PPP grants.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good thread on the case that had a legal conference call/oral arguments regarding the Motions to Dismiss by Mike Postle, Stones & Justin Kuraitis.:

Comments

duped_samaritan:
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Name:  fc85e7e45e5861bebc517a5332a1ca87.png
Views: 1316
Size:  29.0 KB

Do we know who this is? Justin the floor guy is a named plaintiff so it must be someone else, right?

Name:  b3d47718ccc2bddf188c49e29a29ba9c.png
Views: 1189
Size:  43.7 KB
    lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Name:  fc85e7e45e5861bebc517a5332a1ca87.png
Views: 1316
Size:  29.0 KB

Do we know who this is? Justin the floor guy is a named plaintiff so it must be someone else, right?

Name:  b3d47718ccc2bddf188c49e29a29ba9c.png
Views: 1189
Size:  43.7 KB
    lol
    Yeah probably someone else.

There's a few names I can think of, though I'm not sure which one is being referred to here.

I saw in that Twitter thread that the judge gave Mac a hard time for having a bad internet connection (he was connected via internet to the proceedings, presumably because of COVID-19).

I didn't think that was fair. Mac doesn't have control over his house or office's sporadic internet outages, nor can he be expected to maintain an expensive backup connection just in case this happens.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am hearing that both Stones and nearby Thunder Valley will reopen on June 8.

Stones will have 6 fewer poker tables than before, but otherwise operate normally.

Load Metric
    This is an article from May 12 from the online pro Postle rag known as Rounderlife. This one is written by the esteemed journalist Evert Caldwell entitled “New Revelations Deflate “Postlegate” Narrative”. This goes on for a while but mainly jumps on the Marle hand and her lawsuit.

In a vacuum the Marle hand was certainly not absurd that someone would fold top pair on the turn playing that deep. I do wonder why Marle went on her own as I am guessing she really is pissed she didn’t get paid off for that hand. I could only speculate on reasons why she went at it alone. Mac Verstanding I’m sure wasn’t crazy about not keeping this under one umbrella but when she was determined to sue for this hand specifically he really had no choice but to represent her to not over complicate things.

Unfortunately, as has been part of the Postle strategy from the start Veronica Brill is attacked in the article.

https://www.rounderlife.com/10459-2/

Load Metric
    Postle case dismissed

Comments

duped_samaritan: :(

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Un-fucking-real

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    In before dipshit @themouthmatusow says I told you so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    According to court documents obtained by PokerNews via Pacer, the judge sided with the argument put forth by King’s that the plaintiffs' various claims were “not cognizable under California law because California public policy bars judicial intervention in gambling disputes, in part because the asserted damages are inherently speculative” as laid out in Kelly v. First Astri Corp.
    https://www.pokernews.com/news/2020/...udge-37385.htm

Thread Information