Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones livestream player Mike Postle accused of "live superusing"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quick question:
    1) approx how much did Postle clear during the streaming. Ballpark. My impression is it wasn’t that much especially considering he was certainly chopping with his Stones partner(s).

2)Is the Calif gaming commission involved or interested that we are aware of?

Veronica seems smart and interesting, especially for someone who is 42. I would be interested in more of her.
    She is not the damaged sort Druff usually interviews. It would be interesting how that dynamic would fare.
    It looks like he won $250k or so ballpark during the streams from 1/1/18 to 9/21/19.

It has been reported to CA Gaming, but they are known to be notoriously weak regarding consumer issues. That's how a lot of the shenanigans at Commerce have gone on for so long, involving the house-banked games.
    I heard on Joeys stream that the 250k only includes the holdem only streams and the PLO / Mixed streams might put it closer to $350k.

And mike says it's only 150k, but that's kind of irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In 2016, a Caesars bankruptcy filing included Mike Postle (definitely the same guy, based upon address) as someone who owed them money:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...kz68InY1esf-di

Go to page 257.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Stones nicely made us a list of possible insider suspects in late 2018:

(Skip to 7:12:00)

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Does the Matusow household most resemble the Connor or the Kramden household?

Name:  
Views: 
Size:  Name:  
Views: 
Size:

DEF.I.M.O.> Connors.. Kramden's is sacred ground.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    "I was waiting for my UB refunds and the manager of UB called me and told me I was the most profitable player on UB of all time, so they wouldn't pay me. Unfortunately that gives you an idea of how much money I was making"

Load Metric
    "the reason I only played on the stream is because I have a kid. All these people accusing me of cheating that don't have kids just don't get it"

"making more money wouldn't change my life. I don't need it bc I'm already happy in my life"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Aside from some insane claims (he was the biggest winner all time on UB, he will play Doug Polk any time heads up "after this is all over", and that he's one of the best poker players in the world), the second interview was more useless rambling like the first.

He did not address any of the most damning accusations, nor did he discuss any hands.

Summary of Part 2 of the Matusow interview: "I'm one of the best in the world, I've been winning 16 years, I didn't win nearly as much on the streams as you guys claimed I did, and I don't play poker for money or fame, yet that's what supports me."

Load Metric
    He challenged Doug to play HU.
    lol

Also, Joey is doing 'lazy investigating'.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Look at this one:

Go to 26:00 and start watching for next 20 seconds.

"Chase" at the table didn't scan his cards properly, and somehow Postle knows it, gets his attention, and gestures for Chase to scan them again.

How does Postle know they weren't registered?

Wow.

Comments

MumblesBadly: WTF! At 26:11, Postle starts turning to Chase to say something while point at his own cards! Unbelievable gaffe!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    This was posted on Wizard of Vegas.

"Stones Gambling Hall has announced it is appointing an independent investigation team headed Michael Lipman, a former assistant U.S Attorney. But, now, it has been discovered that Michael Lipman is the personal defense lawyer of the owner of the Stones Gambling Hall.

Is that what the word "independent" means?"

Outrageous!!

Comments

MumblesBadly: That's like asking Rudy Giuliani to investigate Donald Trump!

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    This was posted on Wizard of Vegas.

"Stones Gambling Hall has announced it is appointing an independent investigation team headed Michael Lipman, a former assistant U.S Attorney. But, now, it has been discovered that Michael Lipman is the personal defense lawyer of the owner of the Stones Gambling Hall.

Is that what the word "independent" means?"

Outrageous!!
    Par for the course! @#$%^&*()!!!!???

Load Metric
    Angry Polak on DAT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Angry Polak on DAT
    Yeah that Schwartz scooped me again, even though Veronica agreed to be on PFA days ago, but I was too sick to do a show.

Damnit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Go to 1:48:18

Wow. Look how he gets off so cheap on trips, by checking the flop, firing small on turn (hoping to fold to a raise, presumably), and then folding to a bet on the river.

More importantly, look how he keep pressing on his hat while he's "deciding" what to do.

He so clearly has an accomplice communicating with him.

Silver
    Load Metric

Wow. Look how he gets off so cheap on trips, by checking the flop, firing small on turn (hoping to fold to a raise, presumably), and then folding to a bet on the river.

More importantly, look how he keep pressing on his hat while he's "deciding" what to do.

If you start a few minutes earlier, around 1:38 mark, you can clearly see from the camera angle the puffiness in his cap.

Load Metric

Veronica’s video about Justin and the microphone seem to explain this. Looks like they were in it together. What a mess.

Load Metric
    In 2016, a Caesars bankruptcy filing included Mike Postle (definitely the same guy, based upon address) as someone who owed them money:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...kz68InY1esf-di

Go to page 257.
    He said on a stream that he was banned from Caesars and couldn't play WSOP. Is this why?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Hey Druff:

Listening to your recap for PodCast #2.

If Postle is playing all of these tournaments at Thunder Valley (95%), none of which are verified with a cash by his Hendon Mob results, shouldn't he have the entry receipts to document his entries (and losses)?

You know, to offset all of those cash game cashes. Seems like any reasonable person would be saving those receipts if they are being truthful.

Load Metric

While I'm convinced that Postle cheated in these games, I will defend his play on this particular hand as not unusual for a non-cheating player with a lot of live play experience at lower NLHE stakes. Here's why: The exaggerated physical check on the flop by the guy with A4 is a dead giveaway by most small stakes rec players as showing-weakness-to-hide-strength. Can't tell you how many times I saw this playing at that level back in AC. A lot of rec players at the level just can't control themselves in hands that like with that tell. After I learned this the hard way, I saved myself a lot of money with seemingly appealing second-best hands like Postle's in such situations. Meaning, i would have most likely played the hand the same way as Postle right down to folding on the river absent superuser knowledge of my opponents hand, especially with so many preflop callers in the hand.

Comments

sah_24: You are literally retarded and terrible at poker ...
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information