Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones livestream player Mike Postle accused of "live superusing"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is great. The more this story blows up, the more chance that someone in law enforcement will take interest and seriously investigate this.

As I said on 2+2, that's the only way a criminal investigation spawns from this mess.

I wonder if Haralabob was the one responsible for getting this on ESPN. Anyway, has anyone noticed that the poker community is the most united it's ever been? The usual trolling, bickering, and drama has gone away, and everyone is focused upon this, working together.

I like that the pressure is on super high, and seems to be destined to remain high until sufficient answers are obtained.

Stones is still of the belief that this will go away if they simply hire their own attorney to "investigate" and clear them, but they're in for a rude surprise.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This was a while ago

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A friend of mine from the Sac area, who isn't a poker player, offered to help us out and make contact with various people he knew in Sacramento media. One of them, FOX 40 Sacramento, told him they would look into it, and that they might contact me.

I was not contacted, as they chose to go with the better-known Doug Polk and Joey Ingram instead, but they did do the story, so I'm happy to see that:

https://fox40.com/2019/10/03/poker-w...g-allegations/

Here was my tweet about it yesterday:

Load Metric

Just watched Joey analyze Postle and JFK analyze a bunch of hands Postle played. <=== No typo there.

I really don't think this guy was in on it. He just seemed so dumb and clueless.

He also doesn't know shit about poker. He probably couldn't beat 10NL in 2005 with what he knows today. How the fuck is he a TD?

Load Metric
    Wait JFK the guy that was never in town when Postle lost?

Now I'm confused.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Joey doing yet another livestream.

Found that the 9/18/19 stream (5-5 NL, the second-to-last stream in which he appeared), he didn't appear to be cheating. After watching, I agree.

It's also been noticed that, when Mike is cheating, he acts very overly friendly and gregarious. When he isn't, he is very quiet and subdued.

Load Metric
    Everyone has a past, but guy ain't squeaky clean at all.
    Check out the lovely things he's been arrested for (didn't see this discussed):

In 2009 in Nevada:

1. BATTERY ON A POLICE OFFICER/SCHOOL EMPLOYEE, DISMISSED PER NEGOTIATIONS <---huh?!!
    2. DISORDERLY CONDUCT - PLED TO THIS REDUCED CHARGE

Name:  postle.png
Views: 682
Size:  177.5 KB

(notice the sentencing of impulse control counselling)

In 2016 in California

Michael Lawrence Postle, 39, Rancho Cordova, Calif., telephonic harassment. <--- wha?!!

https://www.heraldandnews.com/news/l...fe02ae8f7.html
    Last edited by Forum Wars; 10-04-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ingram reviewing a game where they changed the deck and didn't allow phones ... Postle folds AJ to one barrel on J95 hh vs a shorty lol (with worse hand)
    Last edited by sah_24; 10-04-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Inspired by Ingram's review of the 9/18 5-5 game, I decided to check on the 10-25-50 game on 9/21/19, the last game Postle played.

Apparently he won big in that game -- $22k.

However, I don't believe he cheated in that one. Check it out:

Notice the following:

- Postle not ever touching his hat, looking down at his lap, or putting his left hand under the table

- Hat is the normal-looking white one seen in the previous non-cheating stream

- Postle quiet, calm, not animated or talkative at all.

How does he win? He just runs really well.

Supposedly 9/18 was when they instituted the "no phones at the table" rule. You had to step "one pace away" from the table if you wanted to touch a phone. So this is the second consecutive time he's played where he's apparently not cheating, right after they instituted this rule.

He still has his keys on the table (an element of suspicion, as he does this on all broadcasts), but that might just mean he's continuing to do so in order to not arouse suspicion as to why he suddenly stopped.

Among other things, I saw him get run off bottom pair with 43o by another guy also with 43o (he folded to a relatively small bet, rather than raise, which he could have done to win the pot if he were cheating). He also was up against a fish, on a 987 board, where Mike had T6 and the fish had 96. He could have charged the fish a fortune if he knew the guy's cards, but instead kept the bet sizing small.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that either his phone had to do with the cheating, or he simply took a break from the cheating when the heat got turned up enough to where Stones changed its phone rule. Perhaps he planned to resume cheating after things cooled down, and then Veronica blew the whistle.

But why play 10-25-50 then? Was he just gambling?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Inspired by Ingram's review of the 9/18 5-5 game, I decided to check on the 10-25-50 game on 9/21/19, the last game Postle played.

Apparently he won big in that game -- $22k.

However, I don't believe he cheated in that one. Check it out:

Notice the following:

- Postle not ever touching his hat, looking down at his lap, or putting his left hand under the table

- Hat is the normal-looking white one seen in the previous non-cheating stream

- Postle quiet, calm, not animated or talkative at all.

How does he win? He just runs really well.

Supposedly 9/18 was when they instituted the "no phones at the table" rule. You had to step "one pace away" from the table if you wanted to touch a phone. So this is the second consecutive time he's played where he's apparently not cheating, right after they instituted this rule.

He still has his keys on the table (an element of suspicion, as he does this on all broadcasts), but that might just mean he's continuing to do so in order to not arouse suspicion as to why he suddenly stopped.

Among other things, I saw him get run off bottom pair with 43o by another guy also with 43o (he folded to a relatively small bet, rather than raise, which he could have done to win the pot if he were cheating). He also was up against a fish, on a 987 board, where Mike had T6 and the fish had 96. He could have charged the fish a fortune if he knew the guy's cards, but instead kept the bet sizing small.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that either his phone had to do with the cheating, or he simply took a break from the cheating when the heat got turned up enough to where Stones changed its phone rule. Perhaps he planned to resume cheating after things cooled down, and then Veronica blew the whistle.

But why play 10-25-50 then? Was he just gambling?
    He is probably a winning player without cheating, but his playstyle is a complete 180. While not cheating he is a standard uber nit, while cheating he becomes potripper lol ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Veronica posted an e-mail Mike sent to some people after this story broke. It was posted by Veronica, but I cleaned it up and re-ordered it for readability.

Name:  postle-ss1.png
Views: 705
Size:  321.2 KB
    Name:  postle-ss2.png
Views: 665
Size:  273.9 KB
    Name:  postle-ss3.png
Views: 696
Size:  336.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, laughably he posted this "complaint" in 2006, that his account was stolen on now-defunct WSEX Poker: https://www.pocketfives.com/forums/t...ud-can-happen/

It's unclear if he was telling the truth, or if he donked off all his money and this was his excuse.

Load Metric
    In Joey's stream #4 he goes over an interview where Mike explains some of his hands and he doesnt have a clue about poker

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While Mike's diatribe above was a personal e-mail to perceived friends, and not meant for public consumption, I will rebut it anyway.

Fortunately, I am in a position to do so, since most of his rant has to do with his play from 2003-2008, and that happens to be the era when I pretty much lived online poker.

I can tell you a few things about that era:

1) This was the peak of the poker boom. There is no way to be taking big money out of the games in those days and stay under the radar. Everyone noticed who the big winners were.

2) I do not remember a "yngmanN4quiki" on any of the sites I played, and I was pretty much everywhere.

3) "yngmanN4quiki" is a very memorable name, so it's unlikely I would have forgotten him. It's not like his name was crusher2004AA.

4) Nobody else seems to rememebr yngmanN4quiki, aside from being a sometimes-poster on Pocketfives.

5) He claims he was crushing online in 2007 and 2008. This is important because this was post-UIGEA, so the number of US-facing online sites was relatively few. It was much easier to hide under the radar as a US player in 2005 than it was in 2007-8. I do not remember him on any of the US-facing online poker sites during that time. I'm not saying that he didn't play, but that he didn't win big or do anything memorable.

6) He did indeed win $118k at a tournament, but that was his only score of that size. Most of his tournament play, especially recently, has been of the low buyin ($50-$250) variety. This doesn't make sense for someone who is crushing poker so hard.

7) He did have a few low-5-figure tournament hits in recent years, including on August 12 at Stones for $10k. But of course that needs to be looked into, especially if it was streamed.

8) If he was beating up the live games at other places like he claims, he would have moved up in stakes and destroyed all the games for millions, given the "skill" we saw in those videos. He wouldn't have hung around Stones playing 1-3.

In short, he's mostly embellishing and full of shit. He was not an online crusher from 2003-2008. He has an okay tournament record, but nothing special. I don't believe he's ever had big poker success outside of the Stones stream, and nobody trustworthy has claimed otherwise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    No. He is not guilty. But, I do think he cheated either the full knowledge and assistance of the production crew. But since he hasn’t even been charged with a crime, let alone proven beyond and to the exclusion of reasonable doubt, he is not guilty. There is a difference between being a scumbag cheater and being guilty of a crime.

Sorry, it’s the lawyer in me.
    You ain't in court, dog, and this ain't a trial. There's no jury or judge here, just people stating what appears obvious, using terms that have obvious meaning outside a court of law.

Guy's as guilty as the Ultimate Bet superusers, whom would also not be guilty by your stance since a judge or jury never convicted, even though they are clearly guilty so far beyond any reasonable doubt that you couldn't even find anyone anywhere who would make such an argument against their guilt.

Unless you want to make it. Guess I should ask, was Russ Hamilton guilty in your opinion?
    So, I am not aware of Russ Hamilton ever being charged or convicted of anything related to the UB scandal. But, there is plenty of evidence that he cheated. I think he did cheat. But he’s not Guilty. Also, in case you were wondering, I think the evidence is pretty overwhelming that OJ killed Ron and Nicole. But he was found NOT guilty.

Dude, there is a huge difference between committing a crime and being Guilty of a crime. And yes, I’m just messing with you. In addition to being an attorney, I’m also a wise-ass.

Comments

sah_24: I feel sorry for the people that hire you ...

Crowe Diddly: Not sure wiseass is the right term, but I'll allow it.

nunbeater: I agree with you but you're a lawyer

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For all we know he could have been Justin Bonomo'ing up back in the day otherwise anyone can win a tournament, especially in the old days but just saying you did at one point don't mean you haven't cheated in your life. He's simply using that as a deflection tactic trying to get everyone to think he's good at poker and the game never passed him up but the numbers to run like he has just aren't possible.

His uncomfortable tells are a very telling thing. I caught some of that Ingram latest stream and when they went over hands with Mike he was super uncomfortable talking about them giving very shitty answers as to what he was thinking in the spots.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Excellent intro report on the matter.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information