Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Druff, it's time to release Tyde from restriction and let him post <-------

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You guys clamoring for him back are remembering the brief times where he's still interesting, and are forgetting about the vast majority of time which follows, where he tends to be an insufferable bore and uncreative persistent one-liner troll.

In short, I'm just really tired of it.
    Would you free Jewdonk for a playoff tic? Inquiring minds want to know.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    You guys clamoring for him back are remembering the brief times where he's still interesting, and are forgetting about the vast majority of time which follows, where he tends to be an insufferable bore and uncreative persistent one-liner troll.

In short, I'm just really tired of it.
    Where in the stadium?

Also, I'm not sure he wants to come back anyway.

Load Metric
    Where in the stadium?

Lol, you know exactly where I sit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Where in the stadium?

Yes but they've changed some things about the stadium and that obnoxious foul screen, so I've got to recalibrate.

PM me the seat location again please.

Load Metric
    Yes but they've changed some things about the stadium and that obnoxious foul screen, so I've got to recalibrate.

The foul screen. Honestly Druff? Forget it then.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

In May 2018 I sat behind the foul screen for the first time (with Benjamin) on the field level, and it sucked balls. Like, I wouldn't take seats like that again for free. I couldn't keep track of where the ball was going, even in the infield.

This year they extended it in September, which upset me very much, because I can't just buy tickets directly to the side of it as a workaround (which is what I did last year after May).

That's the reason I'm asking. I don't even remember if you're on the loge or the field. Loge should be fine, because it's higher up.

The crap I experienced last year damaged my memory a little, so some things from the past are now a blur. Not trying to be an ingrate here.

I'll PM you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    axs means go the distance at every level regardless of cost of buy in......amirite.

whammo
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    axs means go the distance at every level regardless of cost of buy in......amirite.

whammo

Mass Containment Thread.. i.e. jail they only post in There... would be epic Lew Father .. Tyde..

Seriously Druff this place need some excitement.. drama.. aka some poker fraud justice

Comments

splitthis: It does

Silver
    Load Metric
    In May 2018 I sat behind the foul screen for the first time (with Benjamin) on the field level, and it sucked balls. Like, I wouldn't take seats like that again for free. I couldn't keep track of where the ball was going, even in the infield.

This year they extended it in September, which upset me very much, because I can't just buy tickets directly to the side of it as a workaround (which is what I did last year after May).

That's the reason I'm asking. I don't even remember if you're on the loge or the field. Loge should be fine, because it's higher up.

The crap I experienced last year damaged my memory a little, so some things from the past are now a blur. Not trying to be an ingrate here.

I'll PM you.
    Sorry you are bothered by the screening. They have added more due to pressure from the family of the lady who was struck in the head and killed last year by a foul ball. She was the mother of one of my closest friends. She survived two strokes and a heart attack and then dies from a foul ball.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

I'll PM you.
    Sorry you are bothered by the screening. They have added more due to pressure from the family of the lady who was struck in the head and killed last year by a foul ball. She was the mother of one of my closest friends. She survived two strokes and a heart attack and then dies from a foul ball.
    Oh yeah, I've followed all of it.

I just don't agree with it. I mean, I'm sorry about what happened to your friend's mom. It's very tragic when someone you're close to dies like this.

But I can assure you that far, far, far more people have died driving to and from Dodgers games than have ever been killed by errant bats and balls.

It's just bad optics when the one-in-millions severe injury or death occurs from something like this, so baseball's response was to finally just ruin field level seats forever by extending that obnoxious screen.

Similarly, we could prevent almost all automobile deaths by mandating that cars can't drive faster than 25mph, but that would also cause major inconvenience for everyone, so we don't do it. Same concept here. As sad as it is, society has to constantly make decisions between causing inconvenience or allowing for the likelihood that certain deaths will occur over time.

Anyway, this was my view, so I guess this is where I'll be sitting from now on. It wasn't that bad from the loge, since I'm far enough away to see through it.

Name:  dodgers-loge-2019.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  65.6 KB

Load Metric
    k todge being a loge man is as it should be

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

Oh yeah, I've followed all of it.

I just don't agree with it. I mean, I'm sorry about what happened to your friend's mom. It's very tragic when someone you're close to dies like this.

But I can assure you that far, far, far more people have died driving to and from Dodgers games than have ever been killed by errant bats and balls.

It's just bad optics when the one-in-millions severe injury or death occurs from something like this, so baseball's response was to finally just ruin field level seats forever by extending that obnoxious screen.

Similarly, we could prevent almost all automobile deaths by mandating that cars can't drive faster than 25mph, but that would also cause major inconvenience for everyone, so we don't do it. Same concept here. As sad as it is, society has to constantly make decisions between causing inconvenience or allowing for the likelihood that certain deaths will occur over time.

Anyway, this was my view, so I guess this is where I'll be sitting from now on. It wasn't that bad from the loge, since I'm far enough away to see through it.

Name:  dodgers-loge-2019.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  65.6 KB
    I went to the last home game of the season. We were
    Field level on the 1st base line about 6 rows behind the dugout. The screen didn’t screw up our view at all. You can obviously see it but it didn’t interfere with my enjoyment of the game. What really affected my enjoyment was paying $64 for 4 cans of Modelo.

Name:  CC7E3387-BFDF-4C6E-B342-D25F01F5D0BA.jpeg
Views: 404
Size:  2.18 MB
    Last edited by hutmaster; 10-06-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As Druff said:
    Monkey gets out, monkey dances, monkey gets drunk, monkey gets angry hes dancing, monkey gets put back in the cage.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hut, that view was very similar to the one I had last time I sat on the field level behind the screen.

While I could see the players and the field fine, I easily lost track of the ball once it left the pitcher's hand. Very tough to follow the game. Also felt like a wire mesh was taped to my eyeballs. I asked Ben and he felt the same way.

Liked the Loge much better.

Silver
    Load Metric
    It’s exactly one year until the 2020 election. It’s time. Need to be fair and balanced Druff.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    GET TODGE IN THE LODGE

Thread Information