Lauren Duca had a series of fortunate events, starting in December 2016.

She burst into the public consciousness with a piece shortly following the Trump election, entitled, "Trump is Gaslighting America". It was very well received, and the young, attractive Duca instantly became a left-wing darling, and was thought to be the left's answer to the then-popular Tomi Lahren.

It kept getting better. She appeared on Tucker Carlson later that month, argued with him, and was lauded when she mouthed, "You're as sexist pig" as they cut away from her at the end of the interview.

Duca even got to play the victim card -- she was harassed on Twitter by one of the most hated men alive, Phrama Bro Martin Shkreli.

But just as things seemed to be going perfectly for Duca, things started to fall apart.

Stories started to come out about her abuse of other employees while she worked at Huffington Post, including a bizarre (but likely credible) allegation that she created a fake e-mail account to harass other employees, while sending insults to herself as well, in order to prevent suspicion.

In 2018, she sent out a tone-deaf tweet wishing everyone a "Happy Pride Day, because no one is 100% straight", which angered many gay people who felt she was co-opting Pride Day in order to include herself in it. Laughably, her response to critics was that she sent the tweet because she was beaming after "just having eaten pussy for the first time" (lol).

Now, on the verge of releasing a new book, she is again under fire, after she taught a summer class at NYU, and nearly the entire class submitted a unified complaint about her abusive and strange behavior, as well as accusations that she didn't teach them anything.

Mind you, those taking the NYU class were not resentful right-wingers, but rather woke leftists like Duca herself, who found themselves shocked by her behavior. Instead of teaching journalism, she spent much of the class time telling personal stories, assigning the class to write tweets, disappearing for 45 minutes at a time to go "meditate" while the class was left scratching their heads, and oddly repeatedly bullying a student whose first language wasn't English.

Not exactly woke behavior, amirite?

Here's an article on Buzzfeed all about Duca and her class. It's quite long, and you will need to scroll down if you just want to read the NYU class stuff, which is the best part: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...t-a-revolution

Here's a sample:

All five students alleged that Duca’s class was disorganized and “a master class in Lauren Duca’s personal life.” (“The point of it is that I'm oversharing all the time. And I think that, yeah, some people like it, some people don't. Apparently you fucking hate it, but that's fine,” Duca told me.) They said that she would vanish for 30 to 45 minutes per class to “meditate.” (“It was a three-hour class and we took a break and I would meditate for 15 minutes and they would be gone getting snacks and stuff,” Duca responded.) And that the class was a “waste of six weeks for all of us, and we don’t want anyone else to make this mistake again.” They claim Duca would snap at them for small problems, accuse them of not having done the readings, and never actually read any of the assignments they submitted to her.

Duca responded that she did read all the assignments, though she added: “It's okay if I'm not a great teacher because I'm great at lots of other things.”

But most galling is that all the students — both in interviews and in the formal complaint to the college — claim that Duca went out of her way to target one student in particular: an exchange student who was visiting New York for school. “Her English wasn’t perfect but that’s hard,” one student told me. “She came from another country. She was very courageous for taking this class.”

The students claimed that Duca would unfairly admonish this particular individual in class. “We all clocked it two or three classes in,” said a classmate. They claimed that Duca said the student “won’t have a lot to say” during class presentations, that she refused to accept assignments from this student while accepting them from others, that she called her work “basic” and “vague,” and that during one class Duca made the student cry during a one-on-one meeting. To this Duca responded, “I said, ‘You need to do the work’; she cried. Like, come on. Is that targeting? What am I supposed to do? ‘You didn't do the work; here's a trophy’?”

Is this great, or what?

You really have to read the entire article, but once you do, you'll come away with the impression that Lauren Duca is a spoiled, entitled, limousine liberal, who treats people like shit and doesn't live by any of the morals she claims to hold dear.

Somewhere in federal prison, Martin Shkreli is smiling.