Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Chistine Blasey-Ford's claims against Brett Kavanaugh starting to look more doubtful

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Chistine Blasey-Ford's claims against Brett Kavanaugh starting to look more doubtful

    After watching the emotional testimony of Christine Blasey-Ford last year, my conclusion was that Kavanaugh was probably guilty or semi-guilty of what he was accused, but it was too many years ago and he was too drunk to remember. I challenge any of you to remember all of your drunken antics at high school or college parties.

    So my feeling was that Kavanaugh legit believed he didn't do it, and was angry about what he perceived to be a political smear campaign. And Blasey-Ford was a legit victim who was horrified to see the man who sexually assaulted her rise to such a prominent position, even if this man was just a teenage boy when this crime occurred.

    Or at least that was how I perceived it at the time, despite a ton of right-wing pundits screaming conspiracy.

    Now I'm not so sure, and in fact am starting to believe that Kavanaugh was innocent all along.

    First, the NY Times came out with a horrible article labeled a "news analysis" piece, which claimed that a man remembered Kavanaugh having his penis "pushed into a woman's hands" at a party, when his friends jokingly shoved him from behind. This piece in the NY Times was by the authors of a new book about Kavanaugh.

    At first, many prominent Democrats angrily tweeted that Kavanaugh needed to resign, claiming to be outraged that Kavanaugh is facing yet another accusation.


     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Your interpolation that Ford’s claim looks more bogus is selectively biased and ignores the informational corroberation of people at that party.
      
      tony bagadonuts: Mumbles mumbling mumbling mumbles mumbling

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2
    The Times also made a very tone deaf tweet about the story at the time they published it, which drew widespread criticism.

    It's now deleted.


  3. #3
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -111
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,946
    Druff, how the fuck was she able to recount the names of Kavanaugh and several of his buddies at that party that were then found to have been written in Kavanaugh’s day planner calendar for the weekend she identified if she had made this shit up? And forgetting unimportant details before a traumatic event after many years, such as how she got that party, is typical of trauma victims.

    Seriously, dude. You are desperate to clear the reputation of former privileged drunken frat boy who lied repeatedly before Congress to save his chance to a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.

    And the latest revelations, if anything, show how the so-called investigation by the FBI was politically hamstrung by the Senate GOPers on the Judiciary Committee to keep too much information about those allegations from being collected to determine how they credible the claims against Kavanaugh were. It’s now better known that the FBI intentionally did NOT follow up on talking to about 20 potential witnesses identified by the second women who came forward with a claim of drunken sexual abuse by Kavanaugh who might be able to confirm her accounts of the event. That’s despicable political interference into a valid FBI background check procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  4. #4
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, how the fuck was she able to recount the names of Kavanaugh and several of his buddies at that party that were then found to have been written in Kavanaugh’s day planner calendar for the weekend she identified if she had made this shit up? And forgetting unimportant details before a traumatic event after many years, such as how she got that party, is typical of trauma victims.
    Maybe because she knew Kavanaugh and knew who his friends were, and that they partied a lot?

    As I recall, she couldn't recall the exact weekend this happened, and the date kept jumping around. Which by itself is reasonable, but it's not like she remembered it occurred on June 20, and Kavanaugh's calendar specifically had a party entry for June 20.

    To me, it's very bothersome that her best friend from those days was pressured into going along with the exact story Blasey-Ford was telling. Or you think she's making that up?

    I do think Ford believes it happened, and that Kavanaugh believes it didn't. Neither probably thinks they're lying.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, how the fuck was she able to recount the names of Kavanaugh and several of his buddies at that party that were then found to have been written in Kavanaugh’s day planner calendar for the weekend she identified if she had made this shit up? And forgetting unimportant details before a traumatic event after many years, such as how she got that party, is typical of trauma victims.
    Maybe because she knew Kavanaugh and knew who his friends were, and that they partied a lot?

    As I recall, she couldn't recall the exact weekend this happened, and the date kept jumping around. Which by itself is reasonable, but it's not like she remembered it occurred on June 20, and Kavanaugh's calendar specifically had a party entry for June 20.

    To me, it's very bothersome that her best friend from those days was pressured into going along with the exact story Blasey-Ford was telling. Or you think she's making that up?

    I do think Ford believes it happened, and that Kavanaugh believes it didn't. Neither probably thinks they're lying.

    Here's what you are missing. It's 2019 (the Kavanaugh hearing was 2018, same thing). To the subset of people who disagree with Kavanaugh's legal jurisprudence (concerned about abortion rights in particular), and/or those that are pissed that Obama nominee Merrick Garland was not given any consideration, and/or those that simply hate everything Trump (or any combination of the above), it simply does not matter what actually happened 30 years when Kavanaugh was in high school. So whether Blasey-Ford's friend and purported corroborating witness has no memory of what happened, or is skeptical that the story is even true, or was pressured to change her story - none of that really matters and has no relevance.

    Rather, if Blasey-Ford believes today that Kavanaugh did something inappropriate to her 30+ years ago while they were in high school, true or otherwise, that is enough for the above subset of people to be considered disqualifying for the position of a life-time appointed Supreme Court Judge.

    Fair or not (clearly unfair), that is the end of this discussion.

     
    Comments
      
      limitles: excellent post, I must say

  6. #6
    Name:  B7412D5D-559F-417E-82F3-C2C6A22835FC.jpeg
Views: 287
Size:  43.0 KB

    Even that guy was like, nope. Hard pass.

  7. #7
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    342
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,134
    Druff, do you seriously doubt that Kavanaugh wasn’t a drunken frat boy who felt entitled grab a few pussies back in the day?

    It’s irrelevant though. The guy is totally qualified to be on the Supreme Court. I personally prefer liberals on the court, but that’s Trump’s prerogative. Merrick Garland was qualified too, so this should have only been Trump’s first appointment.

     
    Comments
      
      ftpjesus: Standing rule was never to vote on a SCOTUS appointment in POTUS election year.. Shrug..

  8. #8
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -111
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, how the fuck was she able to recount the names of Kavanaugh and several of his buddies at that party that were then found to have been written in Kavanaugh’s day planner calendar for the weekend she identified if she had made this shit up? And forgetting unimportant details before a traumatic event after many years, such as how she got that party, is typical of trauma victims.
    Maybe because she knew Kavanaugh and knew who his friends were, and that they partied a lot?

    As I recall, she couldn't recall the exact weekend this happened, and the date kept jumping around. Which by itself is reasonable, but it's not like she remembered it occurred on June 20, and Kavanaugh's calendar specifically had a party entry for June 20.

    To me, it's very bothersome that her best friend from those days was pressured into going along with the exact story Blasey-Ford was telling. Or you think she's making that up?

    I do think Ford believes it happened, and that Kavanaugh believes it didn't. Neither probably thinks they're lying.
    Come on, Druff! Kavanaugh’s performance before the Senate Judiciary Committee was totally of someone who’s hand got caught in the cookie jar of drunken frat boy behavior and had to steel himself into absolutely perjuring himself in front of the nation, and eventually his two young daughters, about how entitled and abusive he could drunkenly act towards women.

    And the FBI investigation was deftly controlled by the GOP and Trump to prevent enough damning corroborating tales by independent parties regarding his drunken sexually assaulting modus operandi at such social gatherings from becoming nationally communicated in his confirmation hearing. In fact, Kavanaugh’s unusual-for-conservatives hiring-and-mentoring of so many female law clerks in his judgeship position on the Court of Appeals may very well because a subsequent soul-searching reflection on that youthful woman-abusing behavior prompted him to perform a special kind of penance towards womankind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  9. #9
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    342
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Maybe because she knew Kavanaugh and knew who his friends were, and that they partied a lot?

    As I recall, she couldn't recall the exact weekend this happened, and the date kept jumping around. Which by itself is reasonable, but it's not like she remembered it occurred on June 20, and Kavanaugh's calendar specifically had a party entry for June 20.

    To me, it's very bothersome that her best friend from those days was pressured into going along with the exact story Blasey-Ford was telling. Or you think she's making that up?

    I do think Ford believes it happened, and that Kavanaugh believes it didn't. Neither probably thinks they're lying.
    Come on, Druff! Kavanaugh’s performance before the Senate Judiciary Committee was totally of someone who’s hand got caught in the cookie jar of drunken frat boy behavior and had to steel himself into absolutely perjuring himself in front of the nation, and eventually his two young daughters, about how entitled and abusive he could drunkenly act towards women.

    And the FBI investigation was deftly controlled by the GOP and Trump to prevent enough damning corroborating tales by independent parties regarding his drunken sexually assaulting modus operandi at such social gatherings from becoming nationally communicated in his confirmation hearing. In fact, Kavanaugh’s unusual-for-conservatives hiring-and-mentoring of so many female law clerks in his judgeship position on the Court of Appeals may very well because a subsequent soul-searching reflection on that youthful woman-abusing behavior prompted him to perform a special kind of penance towards womankind.
    God Mumbles, shut it down. He probably hired more female law clerks because he likes working with females. So what? These women are all extremely smart, a federal judicial clerkship is the highest prize a law student can attain. By far.

  10. #10
    LOL @ HYPER PROPAGANDA CONSUMING DRONE MUMBLES ITT. hey retard why do u suppose fords dad supported kavanaughs nomination? Is it because ur a genius and he suffers from the same things ur accusing druff of or is it because he knows shes a loon several times over??

  11. #11
    Could anyone stand up to the scrutiny:

    Say you Made out with a girl when you were a teen and attempted second base, the girl tells you no and pushes your hand away but keeps kissing you...a few minutes later your hand is on her boob.

    30 years later she’s on the stand sobbing about how you molested her after she pushed you away....no means no...Says how afraid she was etc...

    Then you are under oath trying to explain that the story is being taken out of context...and your career is over.

    These days with kids and dick pics, the Supreme Court will have to be robots in the future

  12. #12
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Druff, do you seriously doubt that Kavanaugh wasn’t a drunken frat boy who felt entitled grab a few pussies back in the day?

    It’s irrelevant though. The guy is totally qualified to be on the Supreme Court. I personally prefer liberals on the court, but that’s Trump’s prerogative. Merrick Garland was qualified too, so this should have only been Trump’s first appointment.
    Yes, Garland got screwed, but that's politics. Same type of shit would have happened if the situation were reversed and the Dems could have blocked a Republican nomination at the end of the President's term.

    Yes, I believe Kavanaugh was a drunken frat boy, and probably did some inappropriate things. I also know that 1982 was a different time, and boys walking around drunk at parties trying to play grab ass was accepted as the norm at that point. Rape wasn't ever accepted as the norm, but there's a wide range of things which could have actually happened. They haven't found one person who can corroborate that this actually occurred, or that they even remember Ford at one of these parties. Her own onetime best friend, a lifelong Democrat, is saying that she doesn't remember and doubts the story, and that she was pressured into saying she did.

    I think Kavanaugh was probably a drunken asshole back then, but did he do this? It's honestly too hard to tell. And once we have a situation where her people are pressuring supposed witnesses to not tell the truth about what they remember, it's pretty much game over for the story.

  13. #13
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -111
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

    Come on, Druff! Kavanaugh’s performance before the Senate Judiciary Committee was totally of someone who’s hand got caught in the cookie jar of drunken frat boy behavior and had to steel himself into absolutely perjuring himself in front of the nation, and eventually his two young daughters, about how entitled and abusive he could drunkenly act towards women.

    And the FBI investigation was deftly controlled by the GOP and Trump to prevent enough damning corroborating tales by independent parties regarding his drunken sexually assaulting modus operandi at such social gatherings from becoming nationally communicated in his confirmation hearing. In fact, Kavanaugh’s unusual-for-conservatives hiring-and-mentoring of so many female law clerks in his judgeship position on the Court of Appeals may very well because a subsequent soul-searching reflection on that youthful woman-abusing behavior prompted him to perform a special kind of penance towards womankind.
    God Mumbles, shut it down. He probably hired more female law clerks because he likes working with females. So what? These women are all extremely smart, a federal judicial clerkship is the highest prize a law student can attain. By far.
    I’m guessing you weren’t raised Roman Catholic. Because the way some super-religious-as-adults Roman Catholic men respond to the memory of their youthful indiscretions is to overcompensate as adults while publicly denying the youth-time sins with spiritual whitewashing by their Catholic confessors. That’s why the Catholic Church has so many hidden-from-the-public-for-decades sexual abuse scandals. Kavanaugh probably at some point in his post-frat boy days adult life had some heart-to-heart conversations with a priest or two over the years, and got counseled him to try to “do good towards women” in his capacity as a jurist as a means of penance. Because that’s how they roll, and have been doing so for millenia.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: why-dont-you-kill-yourself-by-driving-off-a-cliff
      
      Wiganer: Retarded
      
      RS_: use this https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/hangman-noose-picture-id139540492
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Druff, do you seriously doubt that Kavanaugh wasn’t a drunken frat boy who felt entitled grab a few pussies back in the day?

    It’s irrelevant though. The guy is totally qualified to be on the Supreme Court. I personally prefer liberals on the court, but that’s Trump’s prerogative. Merrick Garland was qualified too, so this should have only been Trump’s first appointment.
    Yes, Garland got screwed, but that's politics. Same type of shit would have happened if the situation were reversed and the Dems could have blocked a Republican nomination at the end of the President's term.
    but will you just say "that's politics" when the democrats expand the supreme court to give liberals a majority?

  15. #15
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Yes, Garland got screwed, but that's politics. Same type of shit would have happened if the situation were reversed and the Dems could have blocked a Republican nomination at the end of the President's term.
    but will you just say "that's politics" when the democrats expand the supreme court to give liberals a majority?
    I won't like it, but if the Republicans would have done the same, I can't complain too hard.

  16. #16
    Gold ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    311
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,394
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Maybe because she knew Kavanaugh and knew who his friends were, and that they partied a lot?

    As I recall, she couldn't recall the exact weekend this happened, and the date kept jumping around. Which by itself is reasonable, but it's not like she remembered it occurred on June 20, and Kavanaugh's calendar specifically had a party entry for June 20.

    To me, it's very bothersome that her best friend from those days was pressured into going along with the exact story Blasey-Ford was telling. Or you think she's making that up?

    I do think Ford believes it happened, and that Kavanaugh believes it didn't. Neither probably thinks they're lying.
    Come on, Druff! Kavanaugh’s performance before the Senate Judiciary Committee was totally of someone who’s hand got caught in the cookie jar of drunken frat boy behavior and had to steel himself into absolutely perjuring himself in front of the nation, and eventually his two young daughters, about how entitled and abusive he could drunkenly act towards women.

    And the FBI investigation was deftly controlled by the GOP and Trump to prevent enough damning corroborating tales by independent parties regarding his drunken sexually assaulting modus operandi at such social gatherings from becoming nationally communicated in his confirmation hearing. In fact, Kavanaugh’s unusual-for-conservatives hiring-and-mentoring of so many female law clerks in his judgeship position on the Court of Appeals may very well because a subsequent soul-searching reflection on that youthful woman-abusing behavior prompted him to perform a special kind of penance towards womankind.
    Wait a second.. your criticizing the same FBI which had people like Strozk and others who were overtly violating the law to try and stop Trumps election and then tried to drum up false evidence to the point of likely PERJURY (to FISA COURTS)?? ROFLMAO you cant fucking be serious right now... Does not compute... Cant have it both ways there buddy.. How quickly you forget there were wolves in the henhouse of the FBI back when Kavanaugh was under consideration.. If they had any solid evidence to throw him under the bus it would've happened in a heartbeat till the trash was taken out via resignations and terminations.
    <This Ad Space for Rent or Sale>

  17. #17
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    342
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    God Mumbles, shut it down. He probably hired more female law clerks because he likes working with females. So what? These women are all extremely smart, a federal judicial clerkship is the highest prize a law student can attain. By far.
    I’m guessing you weren’t raised Roman Catholic. Because the way some super-religious-as-adults Roman Catholic men respond to the memory of their youthful indiscretions is to overcompensate as adults while publicly denying the youth-time sins with spiritual whitewashing by their Catholic confessors. That’s why the Catholic Church has so many hidden-from-the-public-for-decades sexual abuse scandals. Kavanaugh probably at some point in his post-frat boy days adult life had some heart-to-heart conversations with a priest or two over the years, and got counseled him to try to “do good towards women” in his capacity as a jurist as a means of penance. Because that’s how they roll, and have been doing so for millenia.
    For the record, I am not Catholic, but my ex-wife and children are. And for the record, I don’t have any clue what you are talking about.

  18. #18
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    342
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Druff, do you seriously doubt that Kavanaugh wasn’t a drunken frat boy who felt entitled grab a few pussies back in the day?

    It’s irrelevant though. The guy is totally qualified to be on the Supreme Court. I personally prefer liberals on the court, but that’s Trump’s prerogative. Merrick Garland was qualified too, so this should have only been Trump’s first appointment.
    Yes, Garland got screwed, but that's politics. Same type of shit would have happened if the situation were reversed and the Dems could have blocked a Republican nomination at the end of the President's term.

    Yes, I believe Kavanaugh was a drunken frat boy, and probably did some inappropriate things. I also know that 1982 was a different time, and boys walking around drunk at parties trying to play grab ass was accepted as the norm at that point. Rape wasn't ever accepted as the norm, but there's a wide range of things which could have actually happened. They haven't found one person who can corroborate that this actually occurred, or that they even remember Ford at one of these parties. Her own onetime best friend, a lifelong Democrat, is saying that she doesn't remember and doubts the story, and that she was pressured into saying she did.

    I think Kavanaugh was probably a drunken asshole back then, but did he do this? It's honestly too hard to tell. And once we have a situation where her people are pressuring supposed witnesses to not tell the truth about what they remember, it's pretty much game over for the story.
    Mitch McConnell violated his Constitutional duties by refusing to even hold hearings on Garland’s nomination. If the Democrats had done this, the right would have been screaming bloody murder, and you know it.

    If a spot on the Court opens up next summer, I’ll bet you any amount of money ol’ Moscow Mitch will rush that nomination through.
    Last edited by Jayjami; 09-19-2019 at 07:56 AM.

  19. #19
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    432
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    God Mumbles, shut it down. He probably hired more female law clerks because he likes working with females. So what? These women are all extremely smart, a federal judicial clerkship is the highest prize a law student can attain. By far.
    I’m guessing you weren’t raised Roman Catholic. Because the way some super-religious-as-adults Roman Catholic men respond to the memory of their youthful indiscretions is to overcompensate as adults while publicly denying the youth-time sins with spiritual whitewashing by their Catholic confessors. That’s why the Catholic Church has so many hidden-from-the-public-for-decades sexual abuse scandals. Kavanaugh probably at some point in his post-frat boy days adult life had some heart-to-heart conversations with a priest or two over the years, and got counseled him to try to “do good towards women” in his capacity as a jurist as a means of penance. Because that’s how they roll, and have been doing so for millenia.
    You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

  20. #20
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2
    It really does appear that Mumbles can't just quietly exit from a topic, and instead just defaults to writing utter nonsense if he knows he's out of points to argue.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rob Ford DD
    By shortbuspoker in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 04:49 PM
  2. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:55 AM
  3. Rob Ford Game
    By Muck Ficon in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM
  4. Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers at awards last night
    By DRK Star in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •