BUMP

Sooo.... 4 years later, Caesars would have surely named a successor to Rini by now, right?

Amazingly, WSOP.com still has no public facing manager. I think Rini scared everyone in the office out of taking such a position, making them fear online trolls, so they quietly manage behind the scenes.

But wait... didn't we determine that Danielle Barille is the WSOP.com manager? Wellll.... kinda.

Taking a look at her Linkedin, it shows she was "Director, WSOP Online" from September 2019 to July 2021. And after that? She is now "Vice President, WSOP Online"! What's the difference? A lot of money and prestige. She's now officially a VP at Caesars, rather than just a department head. This also means she is NOT working under any other VP at Caesars, such as Jack Effel. She and Effel are on the same level!

There does not appear to be any "Director, WSOP Online" at this point, which means that Rini/Barille's old position has simply been eliminated, and Barille now has essentially the same job, but at a higher level in the company.

If you recall from some of my other posts, former Caesars VP of Corporate Communication Seth Palansky was very involved in WSOP.com, as well as the WSOP itself. It was never clear to me why WSOP.com was one of Seth's duties, but it definitely was. In fact, he once had a 45-minute phone conversation with me because he felt I was being unfair in my coverage of Rini. (I very calmly explained why I was critical of Rini, and while he disagreed, he at least undertsood, and it was a civil and interesting conversation.)

When Seth voluntarily left in late 2020 to join some kind of Vancouver gaming company, it did not appear that his replacement took any interest in WSOP or WSOP.com. In fact, it appears no replacement was appointed for 3 months, and eventually Kate Whiteley took the job in March 2021. Ever heard of Kate Whiteley? Me neither. Unlike Seth, it appears she is completely invisible to WSOP and WSOP.com players. It is possible that her superiors decided that the corporate communications position would no longer be so WSOP-centric.

In case you're wondering what Bill is doing, he's "Senior Managing Director" at Ganjaburi since February 2023. That's a cannabis outfit in Thailand. I don't know if he's also the owner or part owner.

In any case, Danielle Barille seems to be making big bucks at Caesars, but we still don't have a visible cardroom manager. Would be nice if the players had a point of contact.