Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds is systematically cheating customers on their large french fries orders

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I copy/pasted the op's dilemma and am forwarding it to a higher up employee who I am friends with.

I don't normally talk to him on a daily basis like some of my closer friends, but I'll call him and ask him to give me his thoughts and see if he is willing to share; I know he will definitely want to be anonymous- not because of the question, but because (as you can imagine) he simply doesn't want to say something that could potentially jeopardize his employment. If anyone can give an honest in-depth answer, I'm fairly confident he can. This person works for a company who franchises/manages 75+ McDonalds restaurants.
    His employment is actually a nice story, because he literally started out as a standard employee (when I first met him) and has risen through the ranks and now makes in the triple digits with bonuses etc as a type of regional manager who makes sure that a group of restaurants have their shit in order.

I'll post his response when he gives me one
    Ya and while you have him on the phone ask him what is the menu item least likely to cause aids
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    You're cheating yourself by eating at McDonald's.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not if I have a great life insurance policy!

Load Metric
    Johnny wanted McDs after I picked him up from the ER, the fries were full but the drink was filled 2 inches from the top, they got it back to fill properly.

Comments

1marley1: With ‘spit’
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    I copy/pasted the op's dilemma and am forwarding it to a higher up employee who I am friends with.
    And if he won't help, ask to speak to Ronald himself!
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Bronze
    Load Metric
    after visiting this thread, this was one of the suggested vids on youtube. at 26 seconds in, the same fry issue is talked about. Apparently there a quite a few vids on this subject.

Also, bring back beef tallow fries

Comments

MumblesBadly: "We believe these claims are fictional." Bullshit!!! The assistant manager at that McDonalds that she was trained that way at McDonalds University!!!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    And if he won't help, ask to speak to Ronald himself!
    He has been busy the past few days but I will actually be stopping by his home most likely on Saturday sometime. He apparently tried to keep his current situation on the down-low, but I just learned this past week he and his wife adopted a newborn - I can't believe he didnt tell any of us sooner! Good for both of them for doing that; not many people out there are willing to step up to the plate and take on something like this. He texted me a pic yesterday and that kid is adorable.

Anyway, It might be a couple of days until I can post his response, but once again, I know he knows his shit and if anyone can give a good honest answer, he can.

Load Metric
    BUMP

And check out this Ring of Fire report on class action lawsuits brought against Taco Bell and McDonalds.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyErnie View Post
    after visiting this thread, this was one of the suggested vids on youtube. at 26 seconds in, the same fry issue is talked about. Apparently there a quite a few vids on this subject.

Also, bring back beef tallow fries
    Fuck yeah beef tallow fries!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I hear people all the time saying they hate McDonalds. Yet every time I drive by one there is a drive thru line 10 deep. I stopped for a Big Mac the other day and it took like 10 minutes to get a to go order and I went inside which was a huge mistake, the fucking chaos. Place was fucking packed, employees literally scattered all over the place with little direction.

Comments

big dick: of course you eat there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I hear people all the time saying they hate McDonalds. Yet every time I drive by one there is a drive thru line 10 deep. I stopped for a Big Mac the other day and it took like 10 minutes to get a to go order and I went inside which was a huge mistake, the fucking chaos. Place was fucking packed, employees literally scattered all over the place with little direction.
    No wonder my MCD stock is doing so well.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Lot of people say they hate it, but look around, it’s almost stunning how fat people are now. Young people especially. Totally standard to see a dozen kids standing around now and 7 are morbidly obese, 3 are skinny jean wearing kids you kind of presume are gay but not sure, and maybe 2 standard size kids. McDonald’s jewing off a few fries is like Phillip Morris putting 18 smokes in a pack. They’re kind of helping you live an extra minute.

Comments

big dick: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Lot of people say they hate it, but look around, it’s almost stunning how fat people are now. Young people especially. Totally standard to see a dozen kids standing around now and 7 are morbidly obese, 3 are skinny jean wearing kids you kind of presume are gay but not sure, and maybe 2 standard size kids. McDonald’s jewing off a few fries is like Phillip Morris putting 18 smokes in a pack. They’re kind of helping you live an extra minute.

Load Metric
    Got scammed pretty good at Buffalo Wild Wings take out last night. Ordered two of their "small" bone in wings (the smallest size is a 5 piece), got there and she showed me two 9 pieces, which is what the small really is. Apparently, the 5 piece is called "snack size", and even though Ive been there tons of times I had no clue that was the case. Insult to injury no celery or blue cheese with either one. Im like the antidruff when it comes to complaining about this shit, but even I sent corporate an email after this debacle. No response as of yet.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    Got scammed pretty good at Buffalo Wild Wings take out last night. Ordered two of their "small" bone in wings (the smallest size is a 5 piece), got there and she showed me two 9 pieces, which is what the small really is. Apparently, the 5 piece is called "snack size", and even though Ive been there tons of times I had no clue that was the case. Insult to injury no celery or blue cheese with either one. Im like the antidruff when it comes to complaining about this shit, but even I sent corporate an email after this debacle. No response as of yet.

Yup. It pretty much mirrors my experiences with BWW takeout the past few years. I'm thoroughly convinced they do this shit on purpose, right down to not giving celery or dressing.

They used to clearly label "12 wings" "24 wings" etc. Now they came up with this absolutely useless and God awful "small", "snack size" etc bullshit.

Load Metric
    To avoid getting screwed ordering takeout, quickly check the contents of the bag before leaving the store. That’s how I was able to get a free small fry when I showed the McDonalds assistant manager how they have cheated me on the large fry order.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Yup. It pretty much mirrors my experiences with BWW takeout the past few years. I'm thoroughly convinced they do this shit on purpose, right down to not giving celery or dressing.

They used to clearly label "12 wings" "24 wings" etc. Now they came up with this absolutely useless and God awful "small", "snack size" etc bullshit.
    I went to their website and checked the menu near me. If I only use the website, everything is fine, it lists "snack size" as approx 5 wings, etc. But if you download the pdf of the entire menu, which looks like the in-store menu, there is no count, just the size.

That's pretty shitty.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

I went to their website and checked the menu near me. If I only use the website, everything is fine, it lists "snack size" as approx 5 wings, etc. But if you download the pdf of the entire menu, which looks like the in-store menu, there is no count, just the size.

That's pretty shitty.

Yup.

As an addendum to my last post, I forgot to mention that at one point they even changed the amount of wings in some of the different "sizes". I cant remember when it was, but they did it. So let's say you eventually got used to ordering using their new silly sizes...then they went an changed the contents... WITHOUT clearly mentioning this in the menus. Talk about confusion

Now, I was just chatting with my ex here about this and she claims they never included celery and dressing in the ordering, but I'm certain that at some point in the past they did.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Remember that Wendy's I mentioned?

Well, their current nugget prices are as follows (before tax):

4: $1.39
    6: $1.99
    10: $3.89
    20: $6.09

Notice anything here?

The best deal is 20, which makes sense. However, the next best deal is 6 (!!), followed by 4, followed by 10!

Most notably, if you want 10 nuggets, you just order 4 and 6 together for $3.38, and you save 51 cents plus tax and get the exact same thing!

They don't list the price for anything but 4 nuggets, aside from the 10 nugget meal which comes with fries and a drink (and it's impossible to ascertain the per-nugget price). The 6 and 20 menu items are not even listed.

I asked for the price of 4, 6, and 10, and then ordered 4 & 6 together. The guy taking the order said on the drive-thru speaker, "Yeah, 4 and 6 is cheaper than 10."

Then when I pulled up, he told me, "The owner told me not to tell anyone about this. I actually got in trouble for mentioning this to a customer the other day."

So these fuckers probably figured out that a lot of people order 10 nuggets (since that's what an average adult would likely eat), and decided to gouge everyone, while holding down the price on the other quantities.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW the Wendy's spicy nuggets are top-top.

The regular ones are okay, but I love the spicy ones.

They did away with the spicy ones for awhile because they were considered a burden (there weren't enough ordered, and they were frequently having to hold up the drive thru line making fresh ones), but they decided to bring them back, and are even advertising them somewhat. I hope they stay.

Load Metric
    BTW the Wendy's spicy nuggets are top-top.

The regular ones are okay, but I love the spicy ones.

They did away with the spicy ones for awhile because they were considered a burden (there weren't enough ordered, and they were frequently having to hold up the drive thru line making fresh ones), but they decided to bring them back, and are even advertising them somewhat. I hope they stay.

They are blndsundoll-approved.

Thread Information