View Poll Results: Vote for EACH scenario below. What would you in each spot?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scenario #1: Return the wallet intact to the store

20 68.97%
  • Scenario #1: Keep the money, toss the rest of the wallet on the ground

5 17.24%
  • Scenario #1: Take the entire wallet home with no intention to return it

2 6.90%
  • Scenario #1: Leave the wallet where it was, take nothing

4 13.79%
  • Scenario #2: Return the wallet intact to the store

14 48.28%
  • Scenario #2: Keep the money, toss the rest of the wallet on the ground

4 13.79%
  • Scenario #2: Take the entire wallet home with no intention to return it

5 17.24%
  • Scenario #2: Leave the wallet where it was, take nothing

5 17.24%
  • Don't know / don't care

1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hypoethetical situation involving lost wallet when the guy who lost it is an asshole

Load Metric
    what if? what if? what if? Jesus druff I am sure there is some scenario where the guy is a obvious criminal and you turn the wallet intact to the police.other wise you alert the person in charge where it was found and give it to them.

I have found a wallet on the street and went out of my way to find the owner with no expections just happy i found the owner. it is one of those pay it forward things.
    for Druff selfishly it makes you feel good that you did the right thing and could brag about it over and over on a form that you owe and control.

its not your shit. "finders keepers" is for children and Gypsies.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I will say this.

There are some people who absolutely never want to steal under any circumstances, even if the person they're stealing from deserves it. That I understand. Maybe you just don't have it in you to steal, even from a bad guy who stole from you (or did something even worse).

Fine, I can respect that.

But then there's still the option to simply walk away and not touch the wallet. The fact that most of you would actually return the wallet to a guy who just scammed you is mind-boggling. At the very least, just walk away from it and say, "He doesn't deserve my help, but I'm not going to steal back from him, either."
    This is starting to sound, "you'll cowards don't even smoke crack"-type of a deal. Not stealing has very little to do with not having it in me.

Principles isn't something you follow when it's convenient. The guy never stole from you. Maybe he tried to, but he neither stole nor scammed you. Opportunity cost from returning the wallet is almost nothing and the upside is limitless. Consider doing the right thing an investment.

Load Metric
    Take the money. UNLESS you don't care much about the $370, in which case you burn it / mutilate it somehow so it's unusable (you'll return it later).

Scatter the credit cards around the shopping area so hopefully someone will find one and use it. It's gonna be a pain in the ass for the guy to not only re-order all the CC's, but he's also going to have to verify recent transactions. Or if he's dumb, he just won't do that. DO NOT USE HIS CREDIT CARDS.

Find a local dog park and fill his wallet with dog shit and/or piss. Cut the ID in half.

Return the dogshit wallet, cutup ID, and un-usable $370 cash to his front door (anonymously). Seeing the burnt up $370 will probably tilt him even more than not getting it back at all.

Also sign up for a bunch of free services using his name & address (assuming that's legal).

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Oh Druff, my sweet sweet, innocent... no wait, vengeful and vigilante minded man.
    Sounds very old Testament

Comments

SetofKs: YES. LET GOD BE THE JUDGE, THE JURY, AND THE EXECUTIONER. GOD IS CRUEL AND VENGEFUL WITH HIS ENEMIES.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    I will say this.

There are some people who absolutely never want to steal under any circumstances, even if the person they're stealing from deserves it. That I understand. Maybe you just don't have it in you to steal, even from a bad guy who stole from you (or did something even worse).

Fine, I can respect that.

But then there's still the option to simply walk away and not touch the wallet. The fact that most of you would actually return the wallet to a guy who just scammed you is mind-boggling. At the very least, just walk away from it and say, "He doesn't deserve my help, but I'm not going to steal back from him, either."
    This is starting to sound, "you'll cowards don't even smoke crack"-type of a deal. Not stealing has very little to do with not having it in me.

Principles isn't something you follow when it's convenient. The guy never stole from you. Maybe he tried to, but he neither stole nor scammed you. Opportunity cost from returning the wallet is almost nothing and the upside is limitless. Consider doing the right thing an investment.
    The guy did steal from me in this hypothetical story. I just caught it and got the money returned. Why does this even matter? A guy who attempts to steal from you is a thief who has victimized you, even if you stop it before it happens.

So can you answer my other questions? What if this guy murdered your mother and got away with it? And you saw him drop his wallet somewhere. Still turn it in to save him inconvenience?

At what point doesn't he deserve your help?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    what if? what if? what if? Jesus druff I am sure there is some scenario where the guy is a obvious criminal and you turn the wallet intact to the police.other wise you alert the person in charge where it was found and give it to them.

I have found a wallet on the street and went out of my way to find the owner with no expections just happy i found the owner. it is one of those pay it forward things.
    for Druff selfishly it makes you feel good that you did the right thing and could brag about it over and over on a form that you owe and control.

We aren't talking about finding a random wallet on the street. In that case it's obvious you attempt to return it intact to the owner, unless you're a piece of shit.

This is about seeing a guy drop his wallet who had just scammed you. Do you help him?

Huge difference between this scenario and finding a random wallet. Come on, Baron.

Load Metric

We aren't talking about finding a random wallet on the street. In that case it's obvious you attempt to return it intact to the owner, unless you're a piece of shit.

This is about seeing a guy drop his wallet who had just scammed you. Do you help him?

Huge difference between this scenario and finding a random wallet. Come on, Baron.
    i get it Druff and understand the scenario your portraying, personally i would treat them both the same regardless of the owners lack of redeeming qualities. its about my redeeming qualities i always sleep good at night.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    in Scenario 1..i see no Vote for Keep the $/ mail back the wallet.(my Choice).

in Scen. # 2 Same..keep the$/ return the wallet

Load Metric
    My favorite part of this thread is fucking Mumbles acting like he wouldnt take the money to go buy an extra copy of "Jugs" and the jerk off extra hard.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Dude! Who needs a physical magazine these days???

Load Metric

The guy did steal from me in this hypothetical story. I just caught it and got the money returned. Why does this even matter? A guy who attempts to steal from you is a thief who has victimized you, even if you stop it before it happens.

So can you answer my other questions? What if this guy murdered your mother and got away with it? And you saw him drop his wallet somewhere. Still turn it in to save him inconvenience?

At what point doesn't he deserve your help?
    The thing is you don't even know he tried to steal from you. And of course it matters if it's an attempt or doing the deed. How about we just assume the standard that playes in more or less every jurisdiction in the world. Or is that unreasonable and the rest of the world should just go by the laws of Druff world.

The reason i skipped answering the retarded question about him killing my mother was that it's a retarded question. There's probably a reason that there's not a single vigilante super hero that goes around town causing slight inconvenience to the scum of the earth. It would be a original brand of vigilante justice, but for some reason not returning a wallet as a part of retribution seems stupid even in that context.

Returning a wallet doesn't even register as help to me. You don't do the right thing expecting a trophy, you just do it.

Load Metric
    You don't do the right thing expecting a trophy, you just do it.
    Druff would only do it if involved a bracelet. This thread is embarrassing for you Druff. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    While we are on the subject of internet badassery, why don't we just confront the person in hypothetical #2 scenario? Is it also a law that we can only get back at the guy by the pussiest imaginable ways while adding shekels to our pile of jew gold?

There's huge difference in whether we think something is personal or not. There's no reason for me to take assumed scamming as something personal so i wont make it personal.

There's so many things in these hypotheticals that only happen to certain individuals. For some reason i can't remember a single incident of a clerk being rude at me. I must be lucky.

Load Metric
    Kind of a similar story.

In 2009 I was pretty fresh into poker. I was playing a $1/2 cash game and had been playing for awhile. A guy at the table was berating me pretty bad (I was new and didn’t know all the etiquette rules). It was late, like 4-5am and the game broke. The guy berating me and myself cashed out at approx the same time and ended up riding the elevator together and had parked on the same floor.

As we are in the parking garage I’m walking behind him in the same general direction. I notice that the money in his back pocket is about to fall out...and eventually it does.

I wait for him to get into his car and pull away and walk over to the money...it was $300.

Fuck that guy, I took the money for being a complete asshole to me

Comments

Dan Druff: lol

RS_: +1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While we are on the subject of internet badassery, why don't we just confront the person in hypothetical #2 scenario? Is it also a law that we can only get back at the guy by the pussiest imaginable ways while adding shekels to our pile of jew gold?

There's huge difference in whether we think something is personal or not. There's no reason for me to take assumed scamming as something personal so i wont make it personal.

There's so many things in these hypotheticals that only happen to certain individuals. For some reason i can't remember a single incident of a clerk being rude at me. I must be lucky.
    Confront? And do what? Kick his ass?

Are you saying that violence is okay in this situation, but stealing money out of his dropped wallet isn't? If so, LOL.

I wouldn't take it personally. I would (correctly) assume that this was aimed at any victim of convenience, not just me. That doesn't mean I can't re-victimize him when it's on a silver platter for me.

And there's a reason I asked you the additional question as to whether you would return the wallet if the guy had killed your mother. It was to demonstrate how silly your entire argument of, "Always take the high road, always do the right thing" is when it comes to treatment of people who harmed you in some way.

The whole thing is a hypothetical. In reality, there was no scam, there was no wallet, and I was not a victim of any of this. We are discussing "what-ifs", and I'm posing different questions. So now I'm giving you a new one.

We've already established that you would return the wallet to a guy both if he were just very rude to you and if he actually scammed you. So I kicked it up another notch to "What if he killed your mother?", and I'm genuinely curious what the answer would be.

I believe that each human being has a breaking point where they won't do something kind for another human being, if that human has harmed them in some way. Maybe your breaking point is above scamming, and you'd still want to help a scammer to get back his lost wallet. But clearly there is some breaking point where you wouldn't want to help that guy. What is it?

Too many people like to posture on the internet with absolutes.

"I would never do..."

"Under no circumstances would I...."

"It's always the right thing to..."

But that's usually false virtue signaling crap. We are all human, and the way other humans treat us affects the way we treat them. There's nothing wrong with that, and nothing to be ashamed of. So I'd really like to know -- from everyone here who disagrees with me -- at what point would you NOT want to help get this guy his wallet back?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by AhoosierA View Post
    Kind of a similar story.

In 2009 I was pretty fresh into poker. I was playing a $1/2 cash game and had been playing for awhile. A guy at the table was berating me pretty bad (I was new and didn’t know all the etiquette rules). It was late, like 4-5am and the game broke. The guy berating me and myself cashed out at approx the same time and ended up riding the elevator together and had parked on the same floor.

As we are in the parking garage I’m walking behind him in the same general direction. I notice that the money in his back pocket is about to fall out...and eventually it does.

I wait for him to get into his car and pull away and walk over to the money...it was $300.

Fuck that guy, I took the money for being a complete asshole to me
    Finally, a real human being in this thread admitting to a human reaction he had to someone being a dick to him all night.

I would love to see how most of the people in this thread would have honestly reacted if this happened to them in real life -- especially scenario #2 with the scam. Let's just say I believe there would be very few wallets actually turned in, given these circumstances.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    You don't do the right thing expecting a trophy, you just do it.
    Druff would only do it if involved a bracelet. This thread is embarrassing for you Druff. Seriously.
    Regardless of what side you're on, it's an interesting hypothetical and morals/ethics question. It got people talking, which is the point of a forum like this.

I realize that not everyone can be as interesting as a guy who shows up every 3 months and drops a snide one liner, but I'm trying my best.

Comments

SysOp: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

i get it Druff and understand the scenario your portraying, personally i would treat them both the same regardless of the owners lack of redeeming qualities. its about my redeeming qualities i always sleep good at night.
    I couldn't sleep well at night if I did a favor for a criminal who tried to victimize me. I would feel like tattooing the word CHUMP on my forehead.

On the other hand, if I screw over people who scammed me, I sleep great.

Load Metric
    Perhaps a karmic middle ground could be agreed upon between the “Returners” and the “Revengers” on here in Scenario #2. For example, turn in the wallet and contents intact to the store, but do so anonymously after taking down his address and personal info. Then anonymously drop that info on the websites that discuss his history of scamming.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    This thread gives me more faith in Americans. tbh I thought you were all cunts, seems like some of you arent

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Perhaps a karmic middle ground could be agreed upon between the “Returners” and the “Revengers” on here in Scenario #2. For example, turn in the wallet and contents intact to the store, but do so anonymously after taking down his address and personal info. Then anonymously drop that info on the websites that discuss his history of scamming.
    Or how about this: Drop the wallet with its contents intact in a part of the parking lot where you can repeatedly drive over it in a way to mangle the wallet and spread the contents out on the pavement, followed by taking a pic “discovering” it like that absent the cash (which you’ll later give as charity to someone minus what you ise to mail the wallet back to him, reassemble the wallet and remaining contents, then send it priority mail and registered return to the address on the ID with an short written explanation including mentioning how you found the wallet and contents included on the pavement in the parking lot. And include your name and address on a copy of the postal receipt asking the owner of the wallet to compensate you for your expenses mailing it to him.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: beyond "beyond terrible"
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information