Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart commits attempted economic suicide today

Load Metric

Smile Walmart commits attempted economic suicide today

Sam Walton has to be rolling over in his grave. Whoever is running the company in Bentonville is an absolute idiot and has zero clue about their demographics. They just alienated a huge majority of their customer base. Let’s be realistic Walmart’s primary demographic is conservative pro 2A by far. So to basically give them the finger today demanding customers no longer open carry in states it’s allowed is just suicide. Dicks Sporting Goods took a significant hit year over year due to their stance.
    This is after Walmart already began to become less customer friendly first by refusing to no longer match competitor ads and then killed their Savings Catcher program first limiting its use and forcing customers to use Walmart’s own cashless payment processing Walmart Pay which doesn’t allow cash back meaning if you wanted cash back you could not use Savings Catcher on that visit.

I don’t know what a Walmart thinks they are going to accomplish. The far left gun grabbers most who spend hundreds on Starbucks aren’t going to suddenly shop at Walmart because of this anti 2A decision. Those far leftists never did and never will shop at Walmart they think they’re too good to be seen inside one let alone shop and spend money inside one.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Sam Walton has to be rolling over in his grave. Whoever is running the company in Bentonville is an absolute idiot and has zero clue about their demographics. They just alienated a huge majority of their customer base. Let’s be realistic Walmart’s primary demographic is conservative pro 2A by far. So to basically give them the finger today demanding customers no longer open carry in states it’s allowed is just suicide. Dicks Sporting Goods took a significant hit year over year due to their stance.
    This is after Walmart already began to become less customer friendly first by refusing to no longer match competitor ads and then killed their Savings Catcher program first limiting its use and forcing customers to use Walmart’s own cashless payment processing Walmart Pay which doesn’t allow cash back meaning if you wanted cash back you could not use Savings Catcher on that visit.

I don’t know what a Walmart thinks they are going to accomplish. The far left gun grabbers most who spend hundreds on Starbucks aren’t going to suddenly shop at Walmart because of this anti 2A decision. Those far leftists never did and never will shop at Walmart they think they’re too good to be seen inside one let alone shop and spend money inside one.
    Poor people are still going to shop at walmart regardless of whether or not they sell ammo or not. It's the cheapest place around.

Comments

sonatine: this and its not even close

Jayjami: 100% correct.

Load Metric
    Gotta to disagree with what you said, not you. How many folks have you seen open carrying in any biz in firearm friendly AZ? There are plenty of alternatives to Dick's, not so for walmart as they have destroyed numerous Ace, True Value, grocery stores, clothes stores etc. How many weekly trips to walmart were for ammo only, vs trips for food staples, a pack of socks, and a carton of smokes? I never knew of the marketing tricks you mention, how many others are unaware? The six walton kid's wealth equals that of the bottom 40% of yanks. they might not be afraid of the repercussions. how long will outraged rednecks drive past walmarts and instead stop at J & G Sales (Prescott), Safeway, and Beall's Outlet.

Load Metric
    Lmao economic suicide? What do you think is gonna happen? Rednecks are gonna start shopping at Target and boutique stores instead? lol

Load Metric
    They're doing fine. Stock is up over 20% this year. And their stock went up after they announced this. But I guess if that's what you really believe you should short the stock and get rich. Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah Walmart is too dominant to take much of a hit over something like this, which will only piss off a small percentage of their shoppers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It obviously will mean nothing towards the real problem but it at least shows they are awake.
    If there are that many people packing legally that it will affect Walmart's bottom line
    then you guys are over the edge already. Think about it, people don't feel
    secure enough to leave their houses without a pistol in their pocket?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Think about it, people don't feel
    Have you ever been in a Wal-Mart? There's some scary looking people in there. Wanting some self defense is understandable.

Load Metric
    Margins on bullets so slim.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Bullets are loss-leaders for overpriced fishing tackle.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Have you ever been in a Wal-Mart?
    For the record, not even once.

Comments

SPIT this: my man

limitles: Highly commendable.....who do you send in?

MumblesBadly: Dude, you are missing out on a fantastic experience.

cleatus: this is impressive, keep on

Gordman: I'm honestly having a hard time believing this, but impressive if true.

Load Metric
    literally dozens of people will swear off walmart over this, possibly for hours.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Wal-Mart was marketing their guns as "back to school" items.

Comments

MumblesBadly: “The American way!”

Load Metric
    i am glad to see Walmart discontinue handgun ammunition sales, I wish they would get out of the firearms/ammo market entirely

i would rather that business be left to those seriously committed, full service/full accessory firearms retailer, such as Turners, Cabellas, Bass Pro or local independents with gunsmith onsite...
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 09-04-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Disagree with the op on this one. Wallmarts are packed, I don't go there because its wall to wall people and cashiers are atrocious . I never see anyone buying shotguns there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    Gotta to disagree with what you said, not you. How many folks have you seen open carrying in any biz in firearm friendly AZ? There are plenty of alternatives to Dick's, not so for walmart as they have destroyed numerous Ace, True Value, grocery stores, clothes stores etc. How many weekly trips to walmart were for ammo only, vs trips for food staples, a pack of socks, and a carton of smokes? I never knew of the marketing tricks you mention, how many others are unaware? The six walton kid's wealth equals that of the bottom 40% of yanks. they might not be afraid of the repercussions. how long will outraged rednecks drive past walmarts and instead stop at J & G Sales (Prescott), Safeway, and Beall's Outlet.
    I can tell you for one. As far as groceries I can happily go to Albertsons Safeway or Bashas and buy my groceries there are enough sales around that if you bother to pay attention you can find stuff.. As for the issue of Sams that's easy.. I wont be renewing in January.. Wife has a card from her mothers business so we can go to Costco no problem and both stores are relatively close on US 60 here in Mesa.. Oh and theres an Ace Hardware next to Bashas less then a mile from me.. In the end I doubt my costs for taking my business elsewhere will increase if at all (especially given we have extra freezer and fridge space having bought a second with having 3 other adults in our house (wifes sister her husband and their nephew) we generally buy in bulk anyway for meat as well as stuff like soda (cant beat 36 pack cube for under $10), TP, Paper Towels. On the flip side my wife and I pulling our RX meds from Walmart.. Yeah that's literally tens of thousand dollars a year they will lose in reimbursements as on my two insulins literally run well $8k every three months as billed to insurance negotiated not even the cash price ($4529 for short acting and $3657 for my long acting), My wifes Respiratory meds run over a thousand every three months payments from insurance (and yes the first part of the year sucks ass for us because there is a $3300 per person out of pocket on RXs separate from our medical coverage even with FSA its brutal once that's spent.. I have a discount card that will help with one insulin but even then my copay until capped on expenses is over $600 on a single refill.. The point being if Walmart is losing that from just somebody like me who granted is on the higher end of the reimbursement spectrum you still have to figure they could lose tens of millions if not more easily if folks took their business elsewhere on the pharmacy side and that's not one that the stores can control such as trying to undercut other competitors.. If you think the Anti 2A crap isn't going to resonate and just be ignored by its customers out of having no other options I assure you theres ALWAYS options even in the backwaters of Arkansas themselves.. In fact back in Southern VA where I used to live theres still IGA stores in a lot of places (for those that don't know IGA is the Independent Grocer Association and is basically the mom and pop grocery stores that buy in bulk as a group to get similar deals to bigger chains to remain competitive). As for how many folks Ive seen.. Shit dude Anytime Ive been in Walmart its been a fairly decent handful at all hours except usually overnight where its hit and miss.. The Cigarette argument is specious only because taxes by the feds and state levels control mostly prices in every situation mostly.. Rarely see a huge difference in prices even between a place like 7-11/QT or Walmart for that matter if folks are buying by the carton.. Prices are set by the manufacturers more often then the stores themselves..

As for Waltons Kids they haven't been involved in running the company in a very very long time.. They've got their billionaire trust funds and have who gives a fuck money and attitudes mostly.. Why you would think the family is running things is beyond me.. Im not even sure how involved they were before Sam himself passed away.. I actually worked for Walmart back in the early 90s and again actually right before I started nursing school as I was trying to find a job to make some money to have to be able to move from NC back to Virginia.. I actually lied told them I would be transferring up to a store in that area.. Didn't but it kept my insurance in force for the short while I needed it till school started and such in 2007.. No the management of Walmart now is in no relation to the family and is pretty much folks looking to keep an edge however but alienating customers by no longer price matching then their other program.. They've made even returns like jumping through hoops Ive seen and found out.. It doesn't matter if those jackasses sell you bad meat or something.. You can bring it back but no longer will they give you a refund no you are literally forced to exchange (and they hope spend more) for other food items.. Even grocery stores don't treat their customers that badly if you get something bad and rotten (prime example wife bought a GF Dairy free pizza.. Got it home the fucker had literally mold on it despite being packaged and frozen.. Took it back and we got our money back.). So I stand by my point Walmarts arrogance is going to blow up in their face.. they've slowly already put the screws to customers but then you do something that will likely earn the ire of likely a massive portion of your customer base.. Don't be surprised when Walmarts year over year and other numbers start tanking.. Its very likely this smacks of their deep arrogance thinking they can do whatever they want.. Again the people they are attempting to appease with this move wouldn't shop at Walmart anyway.. Leftist limousine libs shop higher end stores (IE in AZ that would be AJs Fine Foods among others) they don't like to mix with the riff raff commoners (Why do you think theres no Walmart in Paradise Valley and the Sams Club was closed up in Snobsdale).

Comments

cleatus: ok. you're correct.

jsearles22: Your walls of text are atrocious

SPIT this: what sizzle said

Load Metric

It obviously will mean nothing towards the real problem but it at least shows they are awake.
    If there are that many people packing legally that it will affect Walmart's bottom line
    The irony of how quickly Walmart forgets this little tidbit that actually came in a neolib state like Washington

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-wash-walmart/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Disagree with the op on this one. Wallmarts are packed, I don't go there because its wall to wall people and cashiers are atrocious . I never see anyone buying shotguns there.
    Wait you found a Walmart with a bunch of cashiers??? I didn't think those existed anymore.. Every damn one they've renovated here they put in not just two small squared up areas of smaller checkouts on either end but several full sized checkout lines that USED to be staffed and were replaced by Self checkout.. Its hard honestly finding a staffed checkout a lot of times and usually its the one selling tobacco ironically.. as for people buying stuff back in Sporting Goods and such.. I see people a fair amount buying ammo and folks looking to buy shotguns but not constantly on that one.. The didn't say they were going to stop selling long guns just handgun ammo (although I highly suspect their next move to up the game is to quit selling ammo at all) its the bigger issue of them coming right out and saying Fuck you for wanting to protect yourself and others in public.. Theres a reason why we don't have armed robberies in the Valley at anywhere near the rate a lot of metro areas do (Phoenix is 9th largest city but this is the 4th largest metro area by size in the country.. Over half of the entire state lives in Maricopa county). That reason is you walk into a QT or Circle K and pull a gun your likely going to be dropped like a sack of hammers with one or more folks carrying.. Its why most armed robberies occur here in the overnight when staff is minimal and traffic inside stores is slower.. Sure theyd get less in a robbery then if they did a daytime hit but they have a better chance of not being shot by an armed citizen either.. And I can tell you straight up there are a few places in Phoenix and Glendale I wouldn't dare go unless I had some firearm protection.. When I first moved here I lived on a weird transition area in Phoenix.. Two major intersections up at Camelback and 32nd was the edge of Biltmore and to the right you would approach Arcadia which is probably the second most expensive area in the City of Phoenix itself (not to be confused with Snobsdale aka Scottsdale) other the Paradise valley which is where a lot of the Sports players live is PV or Arcadia.. but to just to the south was 32nd and Thomas which was literally the fringes of the Bario and roughly section of Phoenix that's primarily Hispanic.. I was in the Walmart near there one night or about to when some jackass tried to bust past the front door and got into a free for all with the Loss Prevention which happened to be an off duty MCSO deputy to boot.. It was also the only Walmart that had been robbed in the entire area also late at night.. They eventually made the decision to no longer leave the store open 24/7 because of the customer issues (along with one up near 15th and Bethany Home at Cristown Mall and funny but the one that sits on the Reservation near Talking Stick Resort).. For those who know the valley you have an idea where those are at and probably understand why.. Hell somebody called a bomb threat into the Cristown Mall Walmart several years ago I was leaving the mall having been at Costco there suddenly people were pouring out of Walmart and Fire and PD were flying into the parking lot like flies on shit..

Comments

MumblesBadly: Detailed knowledge of Phoenix area rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The irony of how quickly Walmart forgets this little tidbit that actually came in a neolib state like Washington

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-wash-walmart/
    I'll say it cause no one else seems willing to. You're nuts. Enjoy your paranoid delusional life.

p.s. the world would be a better place if indeed your bizarre prediction came true.
    Also do a little math. How many legal carriers are there vs. average Walmart shopper. There’s you're answer right there assuming all gun nuts even feel the same as you

Comments

GrenadaRoger: i'm glad you are anti-gun...the thought of you armed is terrifying

SPIT this: lol
    Last edited by limitles; 09-05-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can’t remember the last time I was in a Walmart.

After Dayton and El Paso, wasn’t there a retired firefighter that stopped another shooting in a different Walmart because he was carry his gun?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yeah Walmart is too dominant to take much of a hit over something like this, which will only piss off a small percentage of their shoppers.
    Nowhere else left for snowflake MAGAtards to shop.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information