Thread: Need to provide proof

Load Metric

Need to provide proof

I need to provide proof that I am only child and heir of my mom. How do I do this. Did google , couldn't find anything. There is no will .

Load Metric
    Do you not have birth cert?
    Did she name you as beneficiary on any of her bank accts or life insurance
    Old family photos
    Notarized affidavits from other relatives or friends
    Old tax returns claiming 1 dependent
    Doctors and hospital records of who to notify in case of emergency
    Locate old childhood friends who can attest to the fact
    Previous landlords if she rented property
    check for geneological records (Mormons have tons of records on everyone)
    ask an attorney what is acceptable proof in your area

I don't know if any of these things will work but that's what I would be doing if I was in your spot. Sorry for your loss.

Load Metric
    ty for your reply , unfortunately there is no will. I have birth certificate but doesn't show I am only child. No old tax returns. Have the in case of emergency to call me. Ty she died 2 years ago. One problem is that this is being processed in europe.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    ty for your reply , unfortunately there is no will
    I believe you only have to PROVE YOU are her son..and have a AD taken out in a Daily Paper for 6 weeks LOOking for heirs/Family kin to yr Moms..

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...res-32442.html

Load Metric
    notorized affidavit from relative looks good

Load Metric
    did you send some money to a Nigerian lawyer to process your claim against your mom's estate?

so you mother died intestate (wilthout a will)...in the USA, when a person dies without a will the law of intestate succession applies...I suspect a similar rule of law applies in the country she passed...also, bank accounts and property is frozen, and only someone holding a letter of administration for the deceased is allowed to access bank accounts, transact business for the estate...the letter is usually issued by a court overseeing the administration of the estate.

official government documents (birth certificate, immigration / citizenship papers etc) are preferred by the court to establish identity and kinship...other documents (letters, pictures, baptismal records, etc) may also be considered by the court

in the usa, if there is a estate to distribute, all interested persons are given a reasonable time to file a claim with the court that is processing the estate...if no one is located within a reasonable time --often a year in California-- the property escheats (is turned over) to the state, who will become the owner after it holds the property for a reasonable period of time while it performs normal search to find any heirs--in California that is 7 years I believe and the Office of the State Controller is the agency charged with that responsibility,, if the state can not find a rightful heir during the 7 years holding, then the state keeps the money/property for itself...I would suspect the country involved has similar laws/government agencies that have to be dealt with.

so the simple answer is: contact a family law attorney and the info you are given should be similar to what was already given in this thread...if it is a foreign country you are dealing with I would suspect you should seek advice from that countries foreign counsel nearest you
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 09-02-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    did you send some money to a Nigerian lawyer to process your claim against your mom's estate?

so you mother died intestate (wilthout a will)...in the USA, when a person dies without a will the law of intestate succession applies...I suspect a similar rule of law applies in the country she passed...also, bank accounts and property is frozen, and only someone holding a letter of administration for the deceased is allowed to access bank accounts, transact business for the estate...the letter is usually issued by a court overseeing the administration of the estate.

in the usa, if there is a estate to distribute, all interested persons are given a reasonable time to file a claim with the court that is processing the estate...if no one is located within a reasonable time --often a year in California-- the property escheats (is turned over) to the state, who will become the owner after it holds the property for a reasonable period of time while it performs normal search to find any heirs--in California that is 7 years I believe and the Office of the State Controller is the agency charged with that responsibility...I would suspect the country involved has similar laws/government agencies that have to be dealt with.
    OMG what was that? Loosen your tie and pretend to be human.

I was going to ask if you've met Tellatard but he's here

have fun you two

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

in the usa, if there is a estate to distribute, all interested persons are given a reasonable time to file a claim with the court that is processing the estate...if no one is located within a reasonable time --often a year in California-- the property escheats (is turned over) to the state, who will become the owner after it holds the property for a reasonable period of time while it performs normal search to find any heirs--in California that is 7 years I believe and the Office of the State Controller is the agency charged with that responsibility...I would suspect the country involved has similar laws/government agencies that have to be dealt with.

have fun you two
    Expected the usual troll but ty lester. I still think relatives line will work

Load Metric

have fun you two
    oh, you back. well I hope you feeling better

and I trust you otherwise had a nice vacation

so, how soon can you go on another one?
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 09-02-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

have fun you two
    oh, you back. well I hope you feeling better

and I trust you otherwise had a nice vacation

so, how soon can you go on another one?
    I thought AI was advancing rapidly but apparently not

Name:  dolts.png
Views: 267
Size:  167.4 KB

Load Metric
    One problem is that this is being processed in europe.
    What country?

Also it has been two years, why have you waited, is it that it isn't that much of an amount to spend the time or money on?

You don't have to answer of course, just curious.

Load Metric
    Had an uncle in German who died, had to take a trip there to collect.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Gets bank account at an international bank FYI.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Citizen's Bank.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: good advice

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information